Questions about flying into Paris......

Hi Everybody,

I know you all are going to laugh - so go ahead and do it.

My wife and I are going to China this Fall. I offered her the idea of going "east" and flying into Paris and change planes there, then go onto Guangzhou. The original thought in my head was that the tickets were a little cheaper than going "west" the other way.

But now my wife has figured out what Paris is...... It is home to many designer brands such as LV, Channel, etc. Now she wants to go that way purposely for the shopping!!!

The tickets we are looking at give us 7 1/2 hours in Paris (7.5 hour layover). Here are my questions:

1) I think (read) that no visa is needed/required just to sight see one day in Paris. Does anybody think/know different? Although wife is Chinese - at the time we travel - she will have a US green card.

2) Has anybody had a flight through Paris before - and do you know if any of these designer brands are available for sale IN THE AIRPORT?

3) How far is the shopping district from the airport? I am asking about the shopping district that would have designer stores such as LV or Channel?

Any help or advice would be HUGELY APPRECIATED as these are things I need to know BEFORE we decide to take this route!!! If we do not go for the shopping and sight-seeing - then the reduced ticket price is hardly worth the extra hours (longer flights and longer layovers) going this way vs. taking Delta to LA and then on to Guangzhou which cost only $250 more and is MUCH FASTER and HAS MUCH BETTER CONNECTIONS.

I definately need to find out about the visa situation - but really want to hear any feedback from anybody who has taken this flight before.

Thanks,

Scott

She will need a visa to visit France, either a French one or Shengen visa.

http://www.schengenvisa.cc/

National China (People's Rep.) (CN)

Residence U.S.A. (US)

Transit France (FR)

Destination China (People's Rep.) (CN)

France (FR)

Visa required, except for

- holders of Hong Kong (SAR China) or Macao (SAR China) passports. In all other cases:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those continuing their journey to a third country by the same or a connecting aircraft, provided arriving and departing from/to non-Schengen countries, and not leaving the airport transit area.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

If it were my case we would be planning on a few days in France, my wife would like to visit Provence.

So would be applying for a visitor's visa.

We plan on visiting France and perhaps Ireland after she becomes a US Citizen, NO VISA NEEDED.

Good find! One of the reasons we have been putting off European travel until after my wife has US Citizenship, and a US Passport.

Good find! One of the reasons we have been putting off European travel until after my wife has US Citizenship, and a US Passport.

Looks like a ROYAL pain to me. :huh:

YEP, US Citizenship has it's perks, VISA Waiver Program is one of them.

Hi Everybody,

I know you all are going to laugh - so go ahead and do it.

My wife and I are going to China this Fall. I offered her the idea of going "east" and flying into Paris and change planes there, then go onto Guangzhou. The original thought in my head was that the tickets were a little cheaper than going "west" the other way.

But now my wife has figured out what Paris is...... It is home to many designer brands such as LV, Channel, etc. Now she wants to go that way purposely for the shopping!!!

The tickets we are looking at give us 7 1/2 hours in Paris (7.5 hour layover). Here are my questions:

1) I think (read) that no visa is needed/required just to sight see one day in Paris. Does anybody think/know different? Although wife is Chinese - at the time we travel - she will have a US green card.

2) Has anybody had a flight through Paris before - and do you know if any of these designer brands are available for sale IN THE AIRPORT?

3) How far is the shopping district from the airport? I am asking about the shopping district that would have designer stores such as LV or Channel?

Any help or advice would be HUGELY APPRECIATED as these are things I need to know BEFORE we decide to take this route!!! If we do not go for the shopping and sight-seeing - then the reduced ticket price is hardly worth the extra hours (longer flights and longer layovers) going this way vs. taking Delta to LA and then on to Guangzhou which cost only $250 more and is MUCH FASTER and HAS MUCH BETTER CONNECTIONS.

I definately need to find out about the visa situation - but really want to hear any feedback from anybody who has taken this flight before.

Thanks,

Scott

Tell her the shopping district is closed for the day when you get there :rolleyes:

At first from the title, I thought she wanted LV luggage for the trip! I never understood buying expensive luggage for the airlines to throw around.

Not to stray off topic, but I never understood how my wife could be so penny consoius, but then be perfectly willing to drop 2 grand on a LV hand bag. :blink:

Dunno, but I've seen plenty of folks who drive heaps, don't own a home, but sport LV bags. Plenty of fake ones out there as well as any person from China knows.

I understand having a nice bag or a few bags is important to many women. Heck, it's better than one guy I know. He's a doctor and his wife expects/demands a new expensive bag - monthly. Feel sorry for that guy, since I'm sure that isn't her only demand.

At first from the title, I thought she wanted LV luggage for the trip! I never understood buying expensive luggage for the airlines to throw around.

Not to stray off topic, but I never understood how my wife could be so penny consoius, but then be perfectly willing to drop 2 grand on a LV hand bag. :blink:

I dont understand Chinese women.....

We were in Hong Kong and she gave me grief about spending 5 bucks to take a taxi back to the hotel from the metro station.

Next day she spends over a 100 bucks on sneakers

Go Figure!

The Coach outlet has a quarterly sale. With coupons online Ying bought a pink bag recently for around $70-80 that was stickered for around $400 orginally. That's perfectly fine with me. LV has never come up. Hope it stays that way. ;)

The Coach outlet has a quarterly sale. With coupons online Ying bought a pink bag recently for around $70-80 that was stickered for around $400 orginally. That's perfectly fine with me. LV has never come up. Hope it stays that way. ;)

Those kind of discounts makes you feel good... Still I'm cheap, $80 for a bag isn't cheap.

My wife will look for bargains on food, but for clothes and jewrely, nothing but the best