Where else in the USA can I

Where Else in the USA can I purchase a year's worth of labor for $200? :P

I would hope it is not too presumptuous to think that the INS is spending somewhere on the order of 2000 hours to process my application..... Not bad for a $200 investment...... That works out to be about 10 cents an hour..... :lol: It is definitely the best labor rates in the whole country :lol:

Does anybody have a list of the steps that go into the processing of the application?

1) BCIS Office

. . . a ) Check if payment amount is correct and cash the check (first thing they do).

. . . b ) Data entry of the basic information on the application and send receipt.

. . . c ) Review application for correctness and completeness.

. . . d ) Forward packet to NVC

2) NVC Office

. . . a ) FBI Namecheck (I think this occurs here).

. . . b ) Forward packet to Embassy.

(what other offices are involved? I was told that several agencies were involved here? Do they contact the IRS to check on back taxes, or other issues?)

3) Embassy

. . . a ) Repeat Data Entry, add local mailing address.

. . . b ) Is part of the Namecheck repeated here? Perhaps for the Fiancée and her family? I would assume the FBI database would be centralized in the USA.

. . . c ) Send out OF-169 (P3)

. . . d ) Receive OF-169, and add receipt to application records

. . . e ) Schedule Interview and send out P4

. . . f ) Is there a P4 confirmation that needs to be received and entered into the record?

. . . g ) COLLECT MORE MONEY

. . . h ) Conduct an interview, review financial support and police records.

. . . i ) Issue Visa

One thing that puzzles me is that a review of local police records comes in as the absolute last step in the process…..

I am sure that we can find the 2000+ hours of labor in here somewhere that would require it to take over 1 year to process the application….. Unfortunately, I am still having troubles finding anything that would take over 1 or 2 hours for the whole process????? Somehow I am short about 1998 hours……

If someone else can enlighten me on what happened to those other 1998 hours of processing, please let me know. I would like to have a clearer understanding of the whole process.

Thanks,

Clifford

If someone else can enlighten me on what happened to those other 1998 hours of processing, please let me know.  I would like to have a clearer understanding of the whole process.

Thanks,

Clifford

I think you forgot to figure in breaks, remember union rules they are required to have breaks!!!!!!

If someone else can enlighten me on what happened to those other 1998 hours of processing, please let me know.  I would like to have a clearer understanding of the whole process.

Thanks,

Clifford

I think you forgot to figure in breaks, remember union rules they are required to have breaks!!!!!!

And, really, if you're looking for accuracy in your figures you'd have to factor in holidays.

Now if you were trying to figure out what you're paying for "productive" hours (value added content), THEN you'd be in trouble. Shuffling paperwork is NOT value added. :P :D

I did some calculations useing Robert Garrett Jr and David Hardy's report and came up with

.205 hr per case to clear 85% of the names in the name clearance

.220 hr for the next 10% of the names to clear .

1.477 hr for the next 3 to 4 % to clear .

Useing June 2003 numbers the hours spent is 1890.65 hrs so if you are the last name on the list you waited many hours

Does this sound right ?

We all need to be patient, we pay so less to them only 110USD... :lol:

110 + 130 + 65 + 335 + ?.... :rolleyes:

Oh, Man,

More Fees?

I thought it was $110.

Then I discovered another $100 for the interview.

And, now you tell me that there is another $400 that I hadn't realized.

It will definitely put a dent in the money tree out back!!!!!

And, I can't even deduct my Fiancee from my taxes yet because she hasn't been issued a visa so she could come here and we could get married :lol:

----- Clifford ------

We all need to be patient, we pay so less to them only 110USD... :P

110 + 130 + 65 + 335 + ?.... <_<

Oh, Man,

More Fees?

I thought it was $110.

And, I can't even deduct my Fiancee from my taxes yet because she hasn't been issued a visa so she could come here and we could get married :wacko:

----- Clifford ------

set up a freaking import and export business and deduct all those freaking costs travelling back and forth, the dinners, hell, the engagement ring also as a sample to your business partner. :D

We all need to be patient, we pay so less to them only 110USD... :P

110 + 130 + 65 + 335 + ?.... :lol:

Oh, Man,

More Fees?

I thought it was $110.

And, I can't even deduct my Fiancee from my taxes yet because she hasn't been issued a visa so she could come here and we could get married :(

----- Clifford ------

Your lucky if you get off with just this. My wife and I once figured out that we had spent about $5000 on her visa and attempting to get a visa for her daughter. Much of that was because her home city is renowned as being one of the most corrupt in her province. The officials there lived up to the reputation with bribe demands.