Finding out information

Now that my petition has been sent to GUZ, how do I find out when they recieve it and any other info. I know that there should be a GUZ number instead of what USCIS issued for the case number, will this be on the letter from NVC when I revieve it? Just wanted to know how to follow the steps now. I do not remember being able to do this in 2003 when I filed last time :P .

Robert

You will now be calling DOS Visa services for case status. DOS will know things like case received, packet 3 sent, Packet 3 received, Packet 4 sent, interview scheduled, and date.

For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225
http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

I know that there should be a GUZ number instead of what USCIS issued for the case number, will this be on the letter from NVC when I revieve it?

It will. But you can call NVC to find out the GUZ case number as well.

I think that maybe NVC is tired of hearing from me :P . I will wait for the letter :D

I know that there should be a GUZ number instead of what USCIS issued for the case number, will this be on the letter from NVC when I revieve it?

It will. But you can call NVC to find out the GUZ case number as well.

I think that maybe NVC is tired of hearing from me :P . I will wait for the letter :D

DOS will have it now.

Now that my petition has been sent to GUZ, how do I find out when they recieve it and any other info. I know that there should be a GUZ number instead of what USCIS issued for the case number, will this be on the letter from NVC when I revieve it? Just wanted to know how to follow the steps now. I do not remember being able to do this in 2003 when I filed last time :huh: .

Robert

Your petition was just sent to GZ on 09/02/09

You should receive a GZ case number in about a week.

Ours was 5-6 days after NVC out.

After that you got 90 days +/-

Start calling DOS 12-02-09 call everyday!! but the best days to call are Mondays and Fridays Dan ( dnoblett ) taught me this trick and it works great everytime.

It is very possible you will have a new years interview +/- a week

you are an 'all electronic'? You do not have the GUZ case file number?

I think you may see interview before December.

Could be wrong this is a 'new this year process'. I wonder if you have to bring hard copies of anything to the interview.

I hope you keep detailed updates here.

best wishes for you.

Mike

I am electronic processing ... and while my wife will take EVERYTHING to her interview we did recieve a list from GUZ of what hard copies they want. In this document they say some of the .pdfs are enough, but require hard copies of others. As I say, though, we will be bringing EVERYTHING just to be safe.

I am electronic processing ... and while my wife will take EVERYTHING to her interview we did recieve a list from GUZ of what hard copies they want. In this document they say some of the .pdfs are enough, but require hard copies of others. As I say, though, we will be bringing EVERYTHING just to be safe.

Appaullo,

I you have it, could you add the NVC out date?

Also, if you can, list the required hard copies? Frankly I was a little confused by the website.

Nice timeline there. The electronic thing is really a step up for the folks at GUZ. My total time w/o wife = ~7 months and that is faster than many. Regardless separation blows, and I am glad yours is much less.

Best wishes for the interview!

Mike

you are an 'all electronic'? You do not have the GUZ case file number?

I think you may see interview before December.

Could be wrong this is a 'new this year process'. I wonder if you have to bring hard copies of anything to the interview.

I hope you keep detailed updates here.

best wishes for you.

Mike

I received the letter from DOS today with GUZ number so I guess this is what is called p2.5. Anyway, now I can start calling maybe in a week or 2 to see what happens next :lol: