What food for breakfast

Mike and Yan

The OK list is

rice congee :blink:

yes, i'd get a rice cooker, rice, and something for flavor like sweet potatoes or pumpkin and you could make Öà. you can also use the rice cooker for steaming dumplings which are also good for breakfast.

dumplings are good, but can you make a good dipping source ?

ground chili peppers fried in oil, add some diced garlic, tie together with black vinegar. I¡¯m getting hungry just thinking about!

BEER! :roller:

dipping sauce recipe :eatyum:

I did NOT know you could put things other than rice in a rice cooker, for that matter though what advantage is a rice cooker over anything which boils water....rhetorical question...I'll just get it. You can put pumpkin/sweet potatoes in it?

Dumplings

I have looked high and low with no success. BUT all kinds of ravioli can be had! HOWEVER I can't find any sauce except of course ...Kikkoman Soy . . ....it's all purpose. . . Ravioli for breakfast?

(I guess the dear Goya hot sauce is never acceptable?)¡­.

:D

The OK list is

yes, i'd get a rice cooker, rice, and something for flavor like sweet potatoes or pumpkin and you could make Öà. you can also use the rice cooker for steaming dumplings which are also good for breakfast.

Kikoman soy sauce, a little rice vinegar, mirin (sweet rice wine) and chilli oil. If you don't like hot you can substitute with sesame oil.

What would she eat for any meal? I hope I can guess, but breakfast??? uh oh clueless!!

Yes I know her normal selection, IF in China. But I'm wondering regarding food I can buy in USA to have available for Sunday morning after her Saturday long flight. Remember first impression goes a long way.

I guess the left over order out Dominoes pizza from dinner is OK???

:o

Cold pizza and a beer ought to start the day well! :o

I wonder if he is my husband? B)

The OK list is

ground chili peppers fried in oil, add some diced garlic, tie together with black vinegar. I¡¯m getting hungry just thinking about!

BEER! :o

dipping sauce recipe :eatyum:

I did NOT know you could put things other than rice in a rice cooker, for that matter though what advantage is a rice cooker over anything which boils water....rhetorical question...I'll just get it. You can put pumpkin/sweet potatoes in it?

Dumplings

I have looked high and low with no success. BUT all kinds of ravioli can be had! HOWEVER I can't find any sauce except of course ...Kikkoman Soy . . ....it's all purpose. . . Ravioli for breakfast?

(I guess the dear Goya hot sauce is never acceptable?)¡­.

:lol:

haha, you can put things like chopped up sweet potatoes (my favorite) in the rice cooker along with the rice. i guess the advantage of the rice cooker is that it's more convenient. you set it and let it go, you can use it to keep the rice warm without cooking it more, it's less likely to burn the rice, and it does it's thing out of the way of the stove so you can get everything done around the same time. another advantage of rice cookers is you can usually use them conveniently for steaming as well. depending on where your wife is from she might be happy to eat some steamed bread or mantou (especially if she is from the north).

for dumplings, we also haven't found them anywhere pre-made. what we do (as well as a lot of other people on CFL i believe) is to make them ourselves. for the skins all you need is water and flour (and yeast if you want to make baozi instead of jiaozi), and the filling can be whatever mixture of veggies and/or meat that you desire. we usually make a bunch at one time, have them for dinner, and freeze the rest for later. we just had a tasty batch for lunch today in fact...