What food for breakfast

Mike and Yan

What would she eat for any meal? I hope I can guess, but breakfast??? uh oh clueless!!

Yes I know her normal selection, IF in China. But I'm wondering regarding food I can buy in USA to have available for Sunday morning after her Saturday long flight. Remember first impression goes a long way.

I guess the left over order out Dominoes pizza from dinner is OK???

B)

What would she eat for any meal? I hope I can guess, but breakfast??? uh oh clueless!!

Yes I know her normal selection, IF in China. But I'm wondering regarding food I can buy in USA to have available for Sunday morning after her Saturday long flight. Remember first impression goes a long way.

B)

My wife likes pizza. But, it was an acquired taste. Most Chinese are not used to eating cheese.

American bakery products are usually either too salty or too sweet.

One thing my wife liked the first time and still requests regularly is BBQ (both meat and vegetables). Can you get duck eggs? If so, hard boil a few (regular hard boiled eggs are an adequate substitute). And, of course, freshly cooked rice.

Want a simpler suggestion? My wife likes pork. Probably bacon (low sodium) and eggs (with rice) would be a hit.

I made the typical American breakfast. Her and her son ate it, no problem. Eggs,bacon and toast. She did request warm milk. Peipei perfers it cold.

You want her to feel at home and she wants to fit in here in America.

My wife loves Biscuits, Bacon(I make turkey bacon mostly), She likes when I make cheese grits and always notices if I don't put garlic in the grits. Pancakes go over good as well.

btw, Welcome to America

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

The OK list is

rice congee :D

yes, i'd get a rice cooker, rice, and something for flavor like sweet potatoes or pumpkin and you could make Öà. you can also use the rice cooker for steaming dumplings which are also good for breakfast.

dumplings are good, but can you make a good dipping source ?

Pizza is hit or miss with Ying these days. We ate it about once a week in China. In Shenzhen, her mama caught me eating cold leftover Papa Johns pizza for breakfast one morning and I got a Mama Mop Slap big time! While scolding me in Chinese, she was literally pulling me towards the toaster over! :P

For Ying's breakfast she generally likes cereal with milk I heat for her in the microwave. A little fruit is also typical. On weekends, pancakes or waffles are always welcome. Breakfast tacos are a big hit too. I would go to two different Shenzhen import stores to get the ingredients.

:P

Cold pizza and a beer ought to start the day well! :D

:D

Cold pizza and a beer ought to start the day well! :rotfl:

:P

Cold pizza and a beer ought to start the day well! :rotfl:

Sounds like what a college student bachelor would do! :D :P

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!

The OK list is

rice congee :eatyum:

yes, i'd get a rice cooker, rice, and something for flavor like sweet potatoes or pumpkin and you could make Öà. you can also use the rice cooker for steaming dumplings which are also good for breakfast.

dumplings are good, but can you make a good dipping source ?

ground chili peppers fried in oil, add some diced garlic, tie together with black vinegar. I¡¯m getting hungry just thinking about!