Im finished!!

I come home today and look at computer for emails.

Many garbage emails but one very good one.

Receipt Number: WAC09????????

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 20, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Michael and i can relax now for 10 years and enjoy!!

I'm so happy and proud of husband.

He is very good at doing these visa papers.

Hong

Congrats on that hurdle.

Well finished unless you want to shoot for citizenship.

Citizenship has it's benefits.

Here is a list I found:

1. A Citizen Can Vote
    A citizen has the right to vote for elected officials at the federal, state and local levels who shape the policy of the government.
  2. Dual Citizenship (Currently N/A with China)
    Certain countries, including Ireland and the United Kingdom, recognize "dual citizenship" permitting naturalized U.S. citizens to maintain their citizenship of birth and original passport.
  3. Citizens Can Bring More Relatives From Abroad, More Quickly
    Citizens can petition for a wider variety of family members to come to the US as permanent residents. They also have much shorter waiting times for green cards, and no limits.
  4. Citizens Cannot be Deported
    Most of us never expect to commit a crime, but if we are the victims of circumstance, in the wrong place at the wrong time, as citizens, we cannot be deported. We also don't need to worry about a lost green card or too-long stay outside the US preventing us from re-entering.
  5. Citizens Can Retire Abroad With Full Social Security Benefits
    Citizens who retire abroad get all their Social Security benefits. Green card holders only get half of the benefits they earned.
  6. Citizens are Entitled to More Public Benefits
    Citizens are eligible for more public benefits, including Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Food Stamps, as well as certain academic scholarships and financial aid.
  7. A US Citizen Can Hold Office and Have More Job Opportunities
    Only a citizen has the right to hold an elected position in most city, state or federal offices. Many federal, state and city jobs also require citizenship.
  8. Adopted or Natural Children Under 18 May be Naturalized Automatically
    Depending on the circumstances, children born abroad, who are under 18 years of age and unmarried may be able to naturalize automatically when a parent does so.
  9. Citizens Have More Financial and Tax Benefits
    Citizens often receive approval on loans andmortgages more easily, and/or they get better rates, because the lender knows there is less chance they will defect. Citizens are often subject to fewer restrictions on estate taxes as well.
  10. Citizens Don't Have to Worry About Renewing a Green Card Every 10 Years
    We have enough to worry about with passports and other paperwork. As citizens, we don't have to worry about renewing a green cards every ten years.

http://immigration.about.com/od/whybecomea...0CitizenBen.htm

Congratulations!

Congratulations Hong!!!! You're done with the USCIS for 10 years unless you decide to become an American citizen.

Thank you Carl and Dan all everyone else for your wonderful posts.

I'm not sure what i want at this time.

Maybe change to U.S. woman or stay Chinese woman?

I do not know now.

Michael and i have talked a lot about this topic.

I see good and bad about becoming a U.S. woman.

But Michael and i want to retire in China and Buy more houses for us to rent and give to family.

If i become U.S. woman we can not do this.

U.S. people can not buy house in China.

But now that my 10 GC is on it's way.

We have very much time to think about it.

I am not worried.

Hong

Congratulations Hong!!!! You're done with the USCIS for 10 years unless you decide to become an American citizen.

I do not know now.

But Michael and i want to retire in China and Buy more houses for us to rent and give to family.

I am not worried.

Hong

My wife and I thought about this a long time too. As far as buying a home in China we have lots of family there so we could always put it in their name. The hassle of getting the visa renewed won't be much different since I would have to go get mine renewed anyway. She might as well come with me. The plus side is we can both draw Social Security while living in China. She wouldn't be able to do that as an LPR. An American passport is much easier to travel on should we decide to travel abroad. The main reason we did it though was it is faster to bring her son here.

I do not know now.

I am not worried.

Hong

My wife and I thought about this a long time too. As far as buying a home in China we have lots of family there so we could always put it in their name. The hassle of getting the visa renewed won't be much different since I would have to go get mine renewed anyway. She might as well come with me. The plus side is we can both draw Social Security while living in China. She wouldn't be able to do that as an LPR. An American passport is much easier to travel on should we decide to travel abroad. The main reason we did it though was it is faster to bring her son here.

Another thing, a Green-card holder is limited on the amount of inheritance they will get if US Citizen-spouse dies, a US Citizen is not.

But what if one spouse is a not a citizen of the United States? Up until 1988, non-citizen spouses could receive property tax-free from their spouses either through inheritance or by gift -- by taking advantage of the marital deduction -- and then move back to their native countries with the property. Congress changed the law to generally disallow any marital deduction for either an inheritance received by a surviving non-citizen spouse or for lifetime gifts made to such a spouse because of concerns that such property would be out of the reach of the I.R.S. and entirely escape federal gift and estate taxes. MORE..
http://www.investorguide.com/igu-article-8...-tax-traps.html

However this applies to estates valued more than 1.5 million.