Ability to communicate thru the language barrier

The language barrier caused our white slip in a sense because when the VO asked how we communicated, my then fiancee answered that she spoke a little english and that I spoke a little chinese. This was totally the wrong answer. We communicated by chat and email which was all typing. :lol: At the second interview, she was asked the same question and she replied correctly that time and we got the visa.

WELL....WHAT DID SHE SAY???? :D :D :D PLEASE!!

I really don't think it is how well you communicate as much as it is telling exactly how you do communicate. Let's face it, a lot gets lost in the communication especially in the first few years of the relationship.

She said that we communicate by yahoo and msn messengers and emails. The VO ask to see some of them, she gave them to him, and apparently all went well. My wife had learned how to write english before she could speak it. I knew how to use online translators so this is how we communicated. All the VO wanted to see was proof and that's what we gave him.

. . and that's the deal with the communication at the interview as well - if your SO tries to keep up, but can't and just gets more and more lost in the interview, that's not good

But if she can state up front what she does or does not feel comfortable with - well, that should help quite a bit. Although some with really ugly VO's weren't given that opportunity

"Z" is tough. Ask your lady to invite you to the "zoo".

"V" is tough: Ask your lady to order a coffe "breve"

"R" is tough: My wife just loves beautiful red "Loses"

On communication I do not think this is the main reason for denial. I get the feeling they use it to finish you off. If you can prove that you communicate through some meduim whether it is speech, a translator, hand signals, smoke signals they should be able to accept that. You just need to show evidence of it.

I think this thread says it all:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37631

Ning and Jim...

Aha, the interview, my wife speaks broken English, which I know isn't very good, she did the entire interview in English and got pink.

Surprised me, even though I knew she could do the interview in Chinese only. I think her son was very nervous at the interview, as far as I know, he wasn't asked a single question.