Fiancee tourist visa

It seems the trend, when a USA person meets a Chinese person, that the USA person travels first to China to meet. The Fiance(e) Visa process states, "that the Fiance and Fiancee must have met in person" :plane: . I wish my Fiancee had traveled first to the USA, to have a better understanding of what it is really like here :romantic: . She said that a Tourist Visa was impossible for her or any of her friends to get. She said a travel agent said she would need $30,000 deposit :yikes: , sounds like a scam :unsure: . I have not found much information on requirements for a Chinese person to get a tourist visa. I have appied for a Fiancee Visa in May, but was curious of the true requirements would have been for a tourist visa for her. Any help appreciated. :signthankspin:

It seems the trend, when a USA person meets a Chinese person, that the USA person travels first to China to meet. The Fiance(e) Visa process states, "that the Fiance and Fiancee must have met in person" :plane: . I wish my Fiancee had traveled first to the USA, to have a better understanding of what it is really like here :romantic: . She said that a Tourist Visa was impossible for her or any of her friends to get. She said a travel agent said she would need $30,000 deposit :yikes: , sounds like a scam :unsure: . I have not found much information on requirements for a Chinese person to get a tourist visa. I have appied for a Fiancee Visa in May, but was curious of the true requirements would have been for a tourist visa for her. Any help appreciated. :signthankspin:

A tourist visa for a single person to come here is next to impossible unless they can prove inexplicable ties to China that make them sure to return home....ie: a sizeable amount money in the bank, owning a home, children left behind to come back to, etc....as for the deposit, i don't know, but i do know that when they come to the USA in a tour group, the tour leader keeps all the passports in their posession and are responsible for everyone returning and if they do return without everyone accounted for, they will have a very big problem

Guest Wuhan4me

You won't find 'much' info on it, but there is some 'scant' info for tourist visas.

Assume the tourist is coming to the USA to visit you, just for the sake of what follows...

1. The tourist needs to show strong ties to China, per the Guidelines that DOS uses at the various Consulates and the One Embassy in China. One can show strong ties with 30K USD -

- financial portfolio

- real estate

- solid job

2. with enough bribe money to show the 'things' listed in item 1, it's possible to be successful ( again, for a single woman ) to get the tourist visa. But - yer playing ( she's playing ) with loads of 'black society' in China - where the image needed in item 1 is 'rented' for a bit. Black society = The Gangs - Snakeheads, Triads, Tong - pick yer favorite gang - mostly they set these up so that Chinese People will come to USA and 'disappear' then pop up at the Taiwanese-American Resturants and sweatshops...

Really want to meet her outside of China ? Meet her in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Easy for her to get tourist visa to there, and US Citizen simply gets 90 day stamp at Immigration at the airport.

But hei - I understand - the original goal was to 'show her' the life in America FIRST before she comes over. IMO, unless she's a Gold Collar Worker, In China, she's not gonna get a tourist visa.

Seriously, it's LOADS EASIER to get a tourist visa for her parents than it is for her.

Sorry for my spew, but hei - thats how it is, these days....

Of course, she MIGHT be set up as a 'visiting academic' - but then she'd need a university to sponser her for ( pick one ) -

- a seminar

- a one-semester exchange program

- a 1 year research posting

Sorry - to wrap up -

FWIW - that 30K 'deposit' - is just that - a deposit. She'll be on the hook for MORE than 30K, once she arrives in the USA, and her family will be held responsible (back in China ) for the remainder. IME/O - that 'travel agent' has some ties into Black Society.

Be Good !

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

It's a waste of time and money. The consulate is not going to issue a tourist visa for a single Chinese woman to come to the US to visit her Fiancé? especially if a K-1 visa has been applied for. Richard, I would be skeptical that the woman you met who got a visa to come see her boyfriend told the VO that at the interview. I would also disbelieve that they filed for a K-1 before hand either.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know it is not possible for a tourist Visa to the USA once a K1 has been filed. It is very easy to get a tourist Visa to China, a couple of documents in the mail, and get a China Visa in a few day. Our government sure makes it difficult for most people to come here.

It's a waste of time and money. The consulate is not going to issue a tourist visa for a single Chinese woman to come to the US to visit her Fianc? especially if a K-1 visa has been applied for. Richard, I would be skeptical that the woman you met who got a visa to come see her boyfriend told the VO that at the interview. I would also disbelieve that they filed for a K-1 before hand either.

Yes, forget the innocent until proven guilty. The consulate does not keep to this ideal. They rationalize this by believing foreign citizens don't fall under our laws and are all guilty. Guilty of wanting to immigrate. So any single person who does not have an iron clad reason for returning to their country is absolutely not going to get a visa.

However, there are ways if you have the money to skirt the rules. We know of a lady who came here for the purpose of having her child born in the USA. She came here on a work visa, yet did absolute zero hours of work. Her family is wealthy in China, so they paid a company to obtain a work visa for her. Do you think the consulate would have issued the visa had she walked in and told them the truth?

So yes, there are ways of coming to the US if you have money. I have heard of paying to join a tour group. It is usually a fee with a deposit of 30,000 to 50,000 dollars. You come here on the group, and do your own thing until time to go home. The tour company is assured your return if you want your money back.

Enough foreigners try to buy their way here, that VO's think all visitors want to come to the US to immigrate. It is a very big problem and hard to keep everyone out who has bad intentions. The problem is it keeps others, like our prospective fiancees, out as well.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know it is not possible for a tourist Visa to the USA once a K1 has been filed. It is very easy to get a tourist Visa to China, a couple of documents in the mail, and get a China Visa in a few day. Our government sure makes it difficult for most people to come here.

Very astute observation. B)

We've checked with a Shenyang travel agency on my wife, who is "broke down in China", traveling with me to Australia. Now check THIS deal out....

For a mere 80,000rmb deposit yer lil' lady can go visit Australia, no worries mate!!!

At least the Aussies will let my wife visit their glorious country. ;) They ain't afraid of the sanctity of their homeland security from some lil' 5'1" Chinertuckian woman.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
Guest shutterbug

It's a waste of time and money. The consulate is not going to issue a tourist visa for a single Chinese woman to come to the US to visit her Fianc? especially if a K-1 visa has been applied for. Richard, I would be skeptical that the woman you met who got a visa to come see her boyfriend told the VO that at the interview. I would also disbelieve that they filed for a K-1 before hand either.

It is very rare, but I have heard about such success on other forums as well.

Toplaw said it can be done. Here is his post:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=486999

WELL WOOOPPPEEE,

Now...why didn't ol' lee lee do that hisowndamnself, instead of hiring an attorney to file HIS K-1 for him and waste all that "dreadful awful time" (12 months 11 days :lol: ) it took for his womans interview? :o

Jest askin' ;) as I'm always amazed at the high n' mighty. :D

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Toplaw said it can be done. Here is his post:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=486999

What Toppy did was to read the law, which DOES say that visitor's visas are available

What's COMPLETELY unclear is what exactly is behind this comment?

FWIW I know couples who have used these rules to allow the Chinese fiancee to visit America by simply being honest about their intentions when applying for the visa.
Had they applied for a K-1 visa or not? Is simply being honest enough to get you a visa? (somehow that's hard to believe)

Just exactly what were the circumstances of these couples?

Here is two confirmed examples Toplaw was tawking about.

I am meeting with a couple next week where the Chinese woman is here on a B-2 visa to visit her fiance.

I have a friend who is a young lawyer here in Houston. His now wife came to visit him on a B-2 visa from China after they filed for a K-1 visa and while waiting for its approval. She was able to spend several months with him in America, which made their waiting time feel a lot shorter. Her only roots in China might seem tenuous, as she taught English at a University there, and it was obvious that she wanted to move to America.