Made it home

There are 4-5 Subways in Shenzhen. Even a Dairy Queen is there now. but I think it's only ice cream. Krispy Kream was going in but they closed in HK so I'd guess those plans are shot now. There is a Hooters in shanghai so I'd expect them in shenzhen someday.

Papa johns and NYPD pizza are the best places for pizzan Shenzhen. I guess pizza hut only survives becAuse they were first over there!

Congratulations!!

And I would avoid chinese food in the states if I were you ... for a while at least. I have yet to find a Chinese place that serves food as good as I had in China. My favorite is Hubei style, which sadly I didnt get to have on my last trip to China. To me (as I related in a different post) having Chinese food here is like having a steak sub and saying "I'm having steak!". But maybe thats just me.

well we left guangzhou this morning and came back to the states delayed due to weather in shanghai....then took off and i watched the plane get struck by lightning wow that was something finally made it to LA traffic still sucks lol made it home safely and finally together getting married on august 5th thanks for all the support

I bet the Riverside traffic sucked the most. :romantic:

Welcome home. :signthankspin:

Guest Wuhan4me

Welcome Home !!!

Get her to any chinatown area quickly, so she can figure out what she wants to get for the kitchen.

Don't take her to any chinese resturant that has printed 'english' menus - she'll be disappointed - those are for the american palette, not for chinese.... Stay with 'chinese only' menus, for a bit... ( But I'm hoping you already know where to go ) .

Hindsight, though - for Murietta and Temulca, I don't know of ANYTHING in the areas that are authentic chinese (and I've looked this year and last when I was visiting with my buds in Murrietta ) .. I smell a few roadtrips in your immediate future, into the big city, to stock up ;)

How's the jetlag for you two?

Be Good !

WELCOME HOME!

Feed her well!

I found a Chinese buffet and she loved it but said do not bring here there much or she will turn into a meatball.

She can put some food away, she ate more then I did ;) B)

Congratulations!!

And I would avoid chinese food in the states if I were you ... for a while at least. I have yet to find a Chinese place that serves food as good as I had in China. My favorite is Hubei style, which sadly I didnt get to have on my last trip to China. To me (as I related in a different post) having Chinese food here is like having a steak sub and saying "I'm having steak!". But maybe thats just me.

Welcome Home !!!

Get her to any chinatown area quickly, so she can figure out what she wants to get for the kitchen.

Don't take her to any chinese resturant that has printed 'english' menus - she'll be disappointed - those are for the american palette, not for chinese.... Stay with 'chinese only' menus, for a bit... ( But I'm hoping you already know where to go ) .

Hindsight, though - for Murietta and Temulca, I don't know of ANYTHING in the areas that are authentic chinese (and I've looked this year and last when I was visiting with my buds in Murrietta ) .. I smell a few roadtrips in your immediate future, into the big city, to stock up ;)

How's the jetlag for you two?

Be Good !

we went with my family to PF changs today in temecula i know it is not completely perfect chinese but she loved it and we will be going back there soon she had the almond cashew chicken and we all had ice tea and then dessert shots it was all delicious and she especially like the egg drop soup served with the lunch set.....we went to the asian 88 store today and she was excited we found frozen jiaozi and some other cool stuff that again i get the privelage to cook (not even being sarcastic). i cant wait to learn all her favorite dishes and more ....jetlag is ok this was my 6th trip in 4 years so i know how to beat it for her though she was up till 6 am talking on QQ with her sister in law back in china everything is going great and i am so happy now to have her here finally and not be stuck talking online with her..... Life is turning out great sofar

Glad you both are having a good time.

I found the egg plant at PF Chang's to be just like I'm use to here in Beijing.

Keep us in touch.

we will have to try the eggplant next time we really like the egg drop soup and just finished the leftovers from our almond and cashew chicken and our sweet honey chicken I fried it up the fried up some jiaoza to go woth it yummy

\

If you are ever in southern California let us know and we could meet up for dinner or something...would be alot of fun