VISA in Hand

The delivery backed up what I had learned at ACS from the Vice Consul.

We had Mei's visa sent to her Mother's address across the street from our hotel. We have just finished breakfast with my parents and Mei received the EMS call.

We met the courier on his moped about 10 minutes ago and we are good to GO :D

Visa approved July 22nd. Issued July 24th. Delivered today July 25th...

Now we can truly celebrate....

And really interesting that the Vice Consul volunteered the info that I belonged to CFL, since I did not provide her this info.

I could go back and write about what I learned, but I already see members disagreeing from their assumptions.

If they really thought about those assumptions, they would realize that they are simply unfounded. That is why I asked so many questions at both ACH and ACS.

To find the real answers unless you wish to believe that the VOs and Vice Consul were giving false and misleading info.

My questions were straight-forward just like their answers. Nothing canned.

Take the time to ask the people that know what is really goiing on to find good advice instead of guessing, if at all possible.

Misconceptions do not help anyone....take the time to really find the answers.

A lot of hard work on this end truly paid off. Some may insist luck, but I believe that a lot of the members here are much better prepared due to the insightful wisdom of this site!

I truly believe that you make your own LUCK!

Good luck to everyone.

We had Mei's visa sent to her Mother's address across the street from our hotel. We have just finished breakfast with my parents and Mei received the EMS call.

We met the courier on his moped about 10 minutes ago and we are good to GO :D

And really interesting that the Vice Consul volunteered the info that I belonged to CFL, since I did not provide her this info.

I could go back and write about what I learned, but I already see members disagreeing from their assumptions.

If they really thought about those assumptions, they would realize that they are simply unfounded. That is why I asked so many questions at both ACH and ACS.

To find the real answers unless you wish to believe that the VOs and Vice Consul were giving false and misleading info.

Take the time to ask the people that know what is really goiing on to find good advice instead of guessing, if at all possible.

A lot of hard work on this end truly paid off. Some may insist luck, but I believe that a lot of the members here are much better prepared due to the insightful wisdom of this site!

Good luck to everyone.

Congrats that must feel good to finally have it in hand truly cant wait for that we are supposed to pick ours up 2 days before our flight home.... i'll bet you like me are much more relaxed now that you got it...congrats again oh yeah if you got any pics could you send them to me i will pm my address to you thanks

Edited by areynolds (see edit history)

Thanks for the call, Jerry. You can road trip to Victoria to see us anytime. Will also try to coordinate her arrival to IAH with you.

Now we need to get Howard on the stick, since he spent years getting us to commit. Taking our work to Zhen in a few days to assist her.

And absolutely, Andrew will do....

And simply our best wishes to you and Lucy.

Also I believe Scott has all the email addresses.

And Hey, Matt, after you settle back in Austin, make a road trip down as well. We have plenty of room.

This has been so stressful and yet so rewarding at the same time.

Ready to get her HOME :D

Since there are no guarantees in this process, she has not quit her job. And although she has been training her replacement, she still feels obligated to her company to completely train him.

The plus side is my home right now looks like a wreck with all the preps before this trip....

But hey, we are now so close :D

And thanks again to EVERYONE!!!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

We met the courier on his moped about 10 minutes ago and we are good to GO ;)

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations to you both !!! :redblob:

I concur with your assessment and have always supported the thesis of what you have expressed here.

Most who post here, and have been members for most of the process, are successful, the same as you and me.

And yes, it is nothing about 'luck' or the rolling of the 'dice' !!

It is about being prepared, and having sufficient financial resources, coupled with a clean background on the part of both the USC and the Foreign National applicant.

It is about the USC having no IMBRA issues, or some other things in their past such as not paying Federal Income Taxes, or being behind in child support, or even having active arrest warrants in the NCIC system. Likewise, on the FN applicant side, many times there are histories of previous petitions being filed, and or police files or other misrepresentations that a naive USC may not be aware of.

Therefore, when things go tilt, the folks at GUZ always get the blame and most here, will never really understand the true story, only the one side of it. You are also correct in your statement about other member assumptions and opinions.

As I have reported, in my multiple visits to the 5th floor, (ACH and ACS) I have always been treated with respect and kindness by the Consulate staff. Moreover, my wife and young daughter were treated the same at their interview last year.

Last, it is interesting to note that the staff were aware of your CFL membership. I understood from day one, that a site like this is a gold mine of information and data, for any government agency tasked with the prevention of visa fraud. Moreover, it is not that difficult for them to connect the dots and understand who is who here.

Again, good observations and best wishes to you both !!!

Guest jin979

we all know prepared is very important as so is luck in the interview.many members here very prepared but still get blue or white. really no need for us all to fight this over again and again, both things are true.

Here we go once again :blink: A woman gets her visa and how quickly some forget they were lucky at the little ducky pond so now they boast of jest how smart they are, how well prepared they were, what a gentleman they were at ACH, and again...did I mention how smart they are.

Do you know why you only know one side of the story about GUZ? That's all the criminals will give you, that's why. :o

My VO's at ACH (there was NOT a VO at ACS, I asked her) knew about Candle and he was very nice to me, as he lied through his teeth to me. :lol: Oh he was very respectful to me, even told me he thought a pink slip should have been given to my fiancee. My fiancee's VO treated her like dogshit from the time she and her 11 year old son walked up the the window, in their best clothes, and said "Hello, good morning."

It's not very amazing to me that when someone is given a pink slip it automatically makes them think just how smart they are, how prepared they were, how nice the visa cops are... :lol: And...how could other people say it's all about luck? Why heavens, that would indicate I wasn't really a genius, like I tell everyone I am. :P Some folks are just that way, and they can't wait to tell the world how smart they are....when they get LUCKY

I front loaded our case before one fellow here even dreamed of it, my fiancee had every single piece of evidence, including blue slip evidence...yet, shucks, the VO wouldn't look at my passport with 4 trips in 9 minths, our new up-dated EOR letter, or any other evidence that would prove us bona fide...nah, the VO just acted like a bitch, yelled and screamed at my woman, and threw our evidence all over the interview room floor so our son could pick up his mom's evidence like he was a dog playing fetch.

If'n I may ask the smarter than thou crowd a question...Any idea on how come the USCIS re-approved and sent our case right back to the DOS in that god-awful Guangzhou, without telling us what the DOS's charges were against us or asking me for a rebuttal of any sort?

answer: Because there never was anything wrong with our case to begin with. We just weren't lucky at the interview. :D

tsap seui

I know one guy that if his woman hadn't been lucky at her interview, he would probably have pulled his squirt gun out of his pocket and blown...er ah...drowned himself in the coffee shop. ;)

we all know prepared is very important as so is luck in the interview.many members here very prepared but still get blue or white. really no need for us all to fight this over again and again, both things are true.

It is interesting when one expresses their point of view, which is not that of attacking the government and is supportive of the Consulate in Guangzhou, that is labled as 'fighting' with a suggestion that one should cease any further comment of this kind. I have read the comments of the OP as well as mine, and I do not see any fighting or personal attacking therein.

It is interesting that others are allowed to post very negative comments towards GUZ almost incessantly, without any comment/observation from a 'moderator'.

Luck has absolutely nothing to do with this process. That is my opinion and I should feel free to express it.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

What is also not covered in the negative arguments is whether there has been a positive change at GUZ or business as usual.

This is one question I did not ask, since I felt it was not appropriate.

But like in life, it is far better to judge, if you so wish, from one's action than from one's words.

What I saw in GUZ was nothing short of professional treatment.

Bottom line and end of story....my impression backed up by recent results.

This is not a contest of wits or that life is not always fair.....

But I simply choose to live my life by working hard and hoping maybe to catch a few breaks along the way....

If you read my thread, there are helpful comments given and current careful observations.........far from boasting

If you choose to ignore, agree or disagree, hey we live in America. Your choice...

Which is back to once having the opportunity to be successful, you at least give yourself a shot...

By now we know that life is not fair, we simply have to improve our odds.

Being an active member with CFL is simply one of those methods.

Recent blues were not made up. The petitions had errors. Do you wish to blame GUZ for these errors like one member that stated the notary made the mistake?

If you handed in a document that was not properly notarized and you blame the notary, we clearly do NOT see things the same way....

The document is important to you. NOT the notary. Be responsible for what you present.

Mistakes happen, but be careful with the blame.....simply MHO

Soon moving to the AOS side of the house, but I may come back to comment on the ACS notarized EOR, since the assumptions often amaze me. Really try to understand this process, government policy and function and this whole big picture thing and it will help you in the end. Or you can simply blame it on luck, good or bad........

Since fortune good or bad plays a factor in everything....give yourself the best chance and by all means get out of the way of the moving bus..........little chance for luck there....

Best of luck!!!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

I was treated professionally by the staff at ACH and ACS, and I acted as a gentleman at both,as a matter of fact I was told by a DOS operator that the VO at ACH commented on his computer that I was a "very nice and caring guy". I was lied to by the VO at ACH. My now wife was treated like shit by her VO, yet she kept her wits about her and kept her smile on her face the whole time, even told the VO thank you and have a good day when she walked away from the VO's rabid dog cage with her blue slip...after being yelled at, having a temper tantrum thrown at her and her evidence thrown all over the floor.

We had nothing wrong with any i's dotted or t's crossed, hardly any of the 5 pounds of evidence we had ever even got asked for, then we wait 10 months to get denied...yet, our application is re-approved and sent right back to the DOS by the USCIS (with no questions asked of me). That means there was nothing wrong with our application to begin with, other than bad luck with the DOS. :)

Do you smug folks think other people that got blue or white were just dumb heathens, didn't know how to feel out the paperwork, and just weren't prepared?

It's good that you folks had pleasant experiences at Guangzhou and you got your visas on the first try, but don't try and make it look like it was your brains that did it, and somehow others just didn't measure up. That's pure bullshit. You guys were just lucky, plain and simple, if they had wanted to they could have just as easily flunked you both.

I'm happy both of you guys were lucky. :) I don't begrudge anyone their success at the interview. After all, it was your lucky day.

tsap seui :D

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I only have a few minutes here for the computer, but have a few words for you tsap......

Your words do not match your actions.....

Of course, anyone could pass or fail.

But why do I not hear others backing up your lame words. I have read your story so many times, it makes me want to puke....

Your side and no one elses....your wishes are as sincere as your attempt at convincing of your petition..

Would gladly match wits with you anytime, since that seems like a common thread for you. Also match military service. College degrees, whatever.......

I have found that it benefits to be smart in life. It helps greatly with the luck!!!

That is why I am so often called lucky...

Figure it out..........before you write another lame post to this thread...

I am tired of hearing about the past. You like to live there.

I can only read of the past, but help others with the present....

Get your things together and get in the present.....

But I honestly hope you pass even if I do not believe your sentiments towards everyone's current visa success.......

Later.......

I only have a few minutes here for the computer, but have a few words for you tsap......

Your words do not match your actions.....

Of course, anyone could pass or fail.

But why do I not hear others backing up your lame words. I have read your story so many times, it makes me want to puke....

Your side and no one elses....your wishes are as sincere as your attempt at convincing of your petition..

Would gladly match wits with you anytime, since that seems like a common thread for you. Also match military service. College degrees, whatever.......

I have found that it benefits to be smart in life. It helps greatly with the luck!!!

That is why I am so often called lucky...

Figure it out..........before you write another lame post to this thread...

I am tired of hearing about the past. You like to live there.

I can only read of the past, but help others with the present....

Get your things together and get in the present.....

But I honestly hope you pass even if I do not believe your sentiments towards everyone's current visa success.......

Later.......

:) When you puke cowboy, jest don't yew get any on my blue suede shoes.

tsap seui :lol: