Bring to China for Possible Marrage What to ????

Hi, Everyone !!!!

I leave for China in about 30 hrs .... and I was wondering what I would need to bring to China that I will need to use to get Married in China in case we get the Dreaded White Paper...?????? FYI Interview Date is July 16 and yes we are thinking Pink but I'm covering all bases , at least I hope I am.. :cheering:

My 1. Passport of course..ID. 2..Drivers Licence..ID. 3.Notarized Divorce Degree for the consulate to be able to give me Single Certificate...

What other things should I bring ????

What Tactics to prepare for this possiblity??????

When should I ask for the Single Certificate at Consulate ??????

Thanks,,,Sorry I need to be so spoon fed but my searches here on candleforlove seem not to work as well as the other site I use :cheering: ,, Mark

Hi, Everyone !!!!

I leave for China in about 30 hrs .... and I was wondering what I would need to bring to China that I will need to use to get Married in China in case we get the Dreaded White Paper...?????? FYI Interview Date is July 16 and yes we are thinking Pink but I'm covering all bases , at least I hope I am.. :cheering:

My 1. Passport of course..ID. 2..Drivers Licence..ID. 3.Notarized Divorce Degree for the consulate to be able to give me Single Certificate...

Thanks,,,Sorry I need to be so spoon fed but my searches here on candleforlove seem not to work as well as the other site I use :cheering: ,, Mark

30 Hours? It's a little late to be asking this question now?

I think Dan or Randy will help ya out.

First think pink.

There have been several cases lately that were denied that have been returned to the consulate by USCIS automatically. I suspect the interviewing officers that were denying for frivolous reasons have been removed from doing interviews.

Second, you can stop by any US consulate and get a single cert for marriage.

Again prepare your fiancee for the interview.

Use the interview FAQ here:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_Interview_Final1.htm

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Questions_Final1.htm

Attend ACH if you can.

And GOOD-LUCK!

I'm not going to advice you to not get married of you don't get pick, but I will say that you should understand that if you do get married, everything you have done so far is out the window. You will have to start at the very beginning with a different visa type.

Just think PINK. Let her know that no matter what, you are always with her. Prepare her, go over questions and answers and make sure she can pull anything that she needs in seconds with having to fumble through everything. If she gets nervous, she can ask them to do the interview in Chinese. She should at least try to demonstrate her English skills, but they don't need to be perfect. She can switch to Chinese for the more indepth questions/answers.

Good luck!

Hi, Everyone !!!!

I leave for China in about 30 hrs .... and I was wondering what I would need to bring to China that I will need to use to get Married in China in case we get the Dreaded White Paper...?????? FYI Interview Date is July 16 and yes we are thinking Pink but I'm covering all bases , at least I hope I am.. :huh:

Thanks,,,Sorry I need to be so spoon fed but my searches here on candleforlove seem not to work as well as the other site I use :( ,, Mark

But if you want to do it and for future reference:

To get married in China you only need your Passport (with Chinese Visa), your notarized copy of Divorce Decree from USA, a Marriagability certificate from the Consulate that has jurisdiction over the province you will get married in, and an offical translation into Chinese of the Marriagability certificate.

Your future wife will need her Hakou, her ID card, and a Single Certificate if she has been married before.

You will need to schedule an appointment at ACS for the Consulate via internet to get the Marriageability Certificate.

Your future wife should check with the Foreign Affairs/Marriage Office in her province to make sure there are no other local requirements. The above is all I brought to Wuhan Hubei.

Check here for info:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/in..._in_china2.html

"get Married in China in case we get the Dreaded White Paper"

"if you get married you will have to start all over again"

I don't understand? I plan to do the same thing if we get white.

I didn't know there was any other choice. Until recently I got the feeling that white were never returned to US, never mind the US changing the decision!

Here's dates from someone who recently sent in I-130

14 Mar 09 I-129f sent

29 June 09 Pink!

Not bad!

What other options are realistic if we get white?

I got my single certification from the consulate. I had to fill out a form with my information. They also needed information about my fiance too, specifically:

Her name, address

Her ex-husbands name ( and I think address )

her divorce date.

Just be prepared to answer these types of questions. I had to run down to the coffee shop to ask my finance these things.

Best of luck,

Ning and Jim...

Here's dates from someone who recently sent in I-130

14 Mar 09 I-129f sent

29 June 09 Pink!

3 and a half months? I think that might have been a DCF, which is a good option provided you are free to leave the US for a while. You can live with your wife, experience life in China, and the success rate and processing speed are all better than other visa types.

Edited by potato (see edit history)

I want to say THANKS TO ALL RESPONDERS... I am actually a little more prepared than I seem to post... thanks to all the work here at CDL..

I just want to reverify what I have learned from other posts and if any new changes..

I will post more from GZ when we get there about 9th ... WE will be staying at Mr. Yangs .. I think.. that is his name... Fiancee did details.

Thanks, Mark