Looking for Hotel in Beijing

Hey all, leaving for Shenzhen via Hong Kong this saturday. The wife and I are going to Beijing for a week while I am in China. A while back someone posted on this site a link to pictures of a little hotel they stayed at in Beijing. It was a cozy little small place, it looked like all first floor. I have looked but cant find it. If anyone can link the thread for me I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance!

Appaullo

Hey all, leaving for Shenzhen via Hong Kong this saturday. The wife and I are going to Beijing for a week while I am in China. A while back someone posted on this site a link to pictures of a little hotel they stayed at in Beijing. It was a cozy little small place, it looked like all first floor. I have looked but cant find it. If anyone can link the thread for me I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance!

Appaullo

That was Jesse ShaQuaNew. I'll see if I can find it

Appaullo

I stayed in the jade youth hostel when i was there last time it is nice and really inexpensive i dont know what you are looking for i also stayed at the Beijing Raddison that was a nice place to stay and the breakfast was good...lol http://sas.radisson.com/webExtra.do?webExtraHotelCode=BJSZH

Edited by areynolds (see edit history)

I've stayed here before .. same location as Jesse talked about. It is in the Hutong (Old city) section of Beijing. Nice park/lake with lots of bars/resturants along the lake for nightlife but also close to many attractions in Beijing. Gives a feel of old Peking.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/cn/beijing-hu...CFZcwpAodywL-BQ

this may be the one jesse talked about..I have seen it but not stayed in it. Looked nice. The nice time I go to Beijing I will stay here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...el-Beijing.html

Appaullo

are you talking about this one, http://www.bjbesthotel.com/

There is a wonderful hotel near the attractions, that has an old-style courtyard in the older neighborhoods. It's close to the Olympic Village and the Forbidden City. In my view, it was much nicer to stay in this hotel, than the grand high-rises that predominate the landscape.

i don't know how this is possible, maybe a spacetime warp has occured but the FC is not near the OV, well depending on your definition of near...

Guest ShaQuaNew
There is a wonderful hotel near the attractions, that has an old-style courtyard in the older neighborhoods. It's close to the Olympic Village and the Forbidden City. In my view, it was much nicer to stay in this hotel, than the grand high-rises that predominate the landscape.

i don't know how this is possible, maybe a spacetime warp has occured but the FC is not near the OV, well depending on your definition of near...

If by FC, you mean the Forbidden City, you're right. It's not like they are right next to each other. However, the Olympic Village the the Forbidden City are all in the same general area, and easy to get to.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

If by FC, you mean the Forbidden City, you're right. It's not like they are right next to each other. However, the Olympic Village the the Forbidden City are all in the same general area, and easy to get to.

"same general area" well our hotel was very near the old Beijing Railway Station, when we got on the subway to TM Square it took about 10-15 minutes going west, as you know FC is across the street from TM Square. When we went to Birds Nest the subway ride was 30 -40 minutes, to the north, TM Square is to the west, so I only write this to discern the definition of "near" they are not near to me but to someone else maybe could be...

Edited by usaRichard (see edit history)

Guest ShaQuaNew

"same general area" well our hotel was very near the old Beijing Railway Station, when we got on the subway to TM Square it took about 10-15 minutes going west, as you know FC is across the street from TM Square. When we went to Birds Nest the subway ride was 30 -40 minutes, to the north, TM Square is to the west, so I only write this to discern the definition of "near" they are not near to me but to someone else maybe could be...

The Bird's Nest and the Forbidden City are separated by about 5-6 miles. That's a long walk, or relatively quick ride by cab, bus, or train.

This was about a 10-15 minute WALK for us (Chongwenmen - next station to the Railway station - to Tiananmen). But, like they say, your mileage may vary :D

The hotels in the Hutong area are basically in the middle point from FC to OV. The drum tower (worth seeing at least once) is in the same area. This would classify as one of the few places you could stay in Beijing where those two attractions are relatively close to your hotel. Otherwise you will be close to one or the other with the second one far away .. as you described.