Mid July Interview Group

I though I would start a post so that those with interviews the fourth week of July could use it to track were we are, what we are doing and were we are staying that week of the interview. I hope we can get together to exchange ideas and information that week.

I haven't picked a place to stay while in GUZ but after reviewing posts may move around a bid for the 10 days we're there.

So far these are the ones of us with interviews that week:

Jerry & Xiaomin 7/20/09

Henry and Mei 7/22/09

AReynolds 7/23/09

YiandE (Eric) 7/23/09

Bill & LiHong 7/23/09

I am arriving in GUZ 7/19 and leaving 7/29 and attending ACH that Monday. Yes I suggested we all where a pink rose to identify each other but maybe a pink shirt would be more appropriate. I know pink on a man is very macho in China. :lol:

I'm planning on getting a pink suit made for Li Hong in the next couple of weeks. I don't want the VO to misunderstand why we are there.

Li Hong will be going to have her medical exam next week while in Beijing. I'm having a friend of mine there look over the forms first.

It's less than a month away and if the rest of you are like me it's on my mind constantly.

Let me here from the rest of you or if there is someone I missed!

Edited by Bill & Li Hong (see edit history)
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Absolutely. What else could be rationally on your mind :P

We of course are working the logistics with my parents and our businesses. At first, they wanted to wait until we married to go to China, but I assured them that this is a really special time. Moments simply priceless especially with a PINK!

So we are looking at flying in around the 14th of July and staying to around the 6th of August. We are adjusting business and schedules and right now working out the difference between flyers miles and simply paying for 3 roundtrips and hopefully bringing Mei back on flyer miles.

That is the difficulty in this process, since one has no guarantees. I do not want her to leave her job or end her apartment lease until we have the green light. That of course do not happen until the 22nd and even though i believe our case is simple and straightforward, you sometimes even see delays in receiving the actual visa......

So how can you really make solid plans?

But our thoughts is that I cannot enjoy showing my parents China with Mei, until the interview is complete. So we will spend time with her family, attend ACH/ACS, hopefully receive the good news and then share the next day with you and other CFLers.

Then celebrate and show my parents as much of China as possible. Like everyone, I am sure, we are all making a lot of sacrifices to see this happen......

So by this weekend, I should have more definite details although I have commitments that will have me away from the computer until Sunday....

Good luck to us.....

Henry

For us, we are coming in separately but should be in GUZ by the 20th. We plan on staying at the Yangs given their location and help with medicals, review of forms, local knowledge, transporation, etc., to take the worries out of many things. That will leave time for ACH and other preinterview events. Not sure about all the "pink" though at interviews, since it might be viewed as a public demonstation/ intimidation as to the government workers, who are simply trying to do their jobs without incident. I have personally seen those types of activities backfire in many court proceedings. I believe us westerners will know who we are after the ACH and sitting in that coffee shop waiting for our results. I also think silent support is better, and we should just let our women show the confidence they have in their hearts that cannot be denied. However, one must do as they must and these are difficult times for SOs. I would not miss it for the world and pray for a joyous ending to this long, lonely journey for us all.

Eric

I am going to be staying in my girls family's extra apartment i probably am not going to get there in time for ach i am planning on staying till about the 31st our interview is on the 23rd if anyone wants to meet up pm me or my phone number on my chinese phone i carry 3112 217563 i bought a phone 2 trips ago and i charge it up when i get there fell free to drop me a line i know some good places in guangzhou to eat and stay..wow it is getting closer i am getting the money together for travel now and buying tickets by the end of next week...

Wow, this thread brings back some memories. :rolleyes: In 2007 I posted the same thing as our interview was in late July. :lol:

Best of luck you all of you guys. I wish you success.

tsap seui

We got our interview date & time: July 15th, 7:30am. We'll arrive in Guangzhou midday on the 13th (we couldn't go earlier because I'm still teaching the preceding weekend). Staying at the Yangs' place. I'm also going to try to squeeze in an ACH on Monday to make sure we're getting the Ir-1 10 year greencard instead of 2 year conditional (just passed our 2 year anniversary)

Since I'll be in Guangzhou a week before most of you, I can fill you in on how the interview went and hopefully it'll help you!

We got our interview date & time: July 15th, 7:30am. We'll arrive in Guangzhou midday on the 13th (we couldn't go earlier because I'm still teaching the preceding weekend). Staying at the Yangs' place. I'm also going to try to squeeze in an ACH on Monday to make sure we're getting the Ir-1 10 year greencard instead of 2 year conditional (just passed our 2 year anniversary)

Since I'll be in Guangzhou a week before most of you, I can fill you in on how the interview went and hopefully it'll help you!

Our interview is two days before your interview. If I see you around, I let you know how it went.

Our interview is two days before your interview. If I see you around, I let you know how it went.

Cool, thanks. Good luck too!