6/18/2009: PINK

Hey guys, we just came back from the consulate. Wife finished at 10:45, and she got PINK. Interview questions:

How did you meet?

Does your husband speak chinese?

Did husband meet your parents?

What does husband do?

What does husband's parents do?

Where will you live in US?

Thursday interviews can pick up visa on Tuesday, not Saturday as other people have said. We need to change flights now...

Tip #1: the consulate doesn't provide change for ANYTHING. have exact money for EMS and Visa Fee.

Tip #2: DS-230 Part 2 IS required for CR1/IR1. Luckily, they provided the blank form.

BTW, did I get ripped off? I paid $355 application fee already. Today at the interview they made my wife pay another $400 visa fee. They said the two fees are separate. We were blindsided by this, and had to run to the ATM(and then get exact change). This happened to some others also, so not only us. You might want to pin this up in the forum, because it seems there's quite a few people who get this wrong due to the consulate's horrible communication.

Thanks for everyone's help and support!!! Couldn't have done it without CFL!

PS. There wasn't a single other American at the 4th floor coffee shop. So much for being there for support....

Edited by waingro (see edit history)

re: the 400 fee. No, that's normal. If yer doing it stateside, it's collected during NVC processing..

Congrats on the pink !!!

Could you add a new post here --> http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=timelines ??

Warmest Regards !!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Is there a $400 fee for K1 also or is this paid after marriage in the USA?

No - the visa fee for all K visas is $131 and must be paid before the interview. It can be paid at any CITIC bank branch in China.

Hey guys, we just came back from the consulate. Wife finished at 10:45, and she got PINK. Interview questions:

How did you meet?

Does your husband speak chinese?

Did husband meet your parents?

What does husband do?

What does husband's parents do?

Where will you live in US?

Congratulations!!!

If you don't mind my asking, were the questions asked in Mandarin or in English? And which language did your wife respond in? If in Mandarin, how well does your wife speak English?

Again, congratulations!!

-Rob