A lil' update on an old case

Hi Tsap,

Always nice to get your update. I'll have the "Snow Beer" when I see you.

Always best wishes for you and your little rabbit.

Hey buddy, there's gonna be so many of us meeting up in China maybe we should have a CFL Chinertucky Get Together.

I wish you the best of luck Stepbrow.

Cuzin' Chawls, I posted the "letter" in a new thread...pretty wild, huh?

tsap seui

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tsap,

Hey buddy, there's gonna be so many of us meeting up in China maybe we should have a CFL Chinertucky Get Together.

tsap seui

I'd have ta say that that is a pretty wild update to put it lightly! :D

Hi Tsap,

tsap seui

I'd have ta say that that is a pretty wild update to put it lightly! :D

Pretty wild indeed. When you and I got on the same page last night and realized that this letter was indeed an approval notice like it said I just went blank...didn't know if I should jump for joy or take a "hatchet" to the biggest oak tree I could find to vent my anger at the disrespecful treatment the lil' rabbit got in Guangzhou from the "bitch" and then they made us wait 10 sonuva bitchin' 10 months on a trumped up idiotic blue slip :D And...the USCIS doesn't even find it necesssary to send me a rebuttal letter...even they thought the denial was so lame that they didn't even send me a letter telling me why we were denied.

Now, can you imagine the "front load" letter I'm gonna write on our new application :lol: ...thank you very much USCIS, at least someone in our government has a taste of integrity. :)

tsap seui

Holy Cow Tsaper. Did I read your post right. You got an approval? :lol: Wow! can you fill us in?

The approval was from the USCIS for our (Guangzhou denied) application that was sent back from the DOS for review.

It was written on the same form and except for the dates on it, it was just like a P-2 you get from the USCIS. Our new dates are from June 9, 2009 to October 9, 2009. No reason for the denial in Guangzhou given and no rebuttal letter asked for...just APPROVED, and being sent right back to Guangzhou.

Yes, I'll need to craft a small letter to pull the plug due to our recent marriage...but on the brighter side, my preload letter for the CR-1 will have some pretty interesting evidence what with 2 previous USCIS approvals for our K-1. Now what ever the DOS denied us on is a moot point.

I can't believe I got an approval letter with no questions asked but it a great feeling of vindication on the work we both put into our application. Plus, it looks like USCIS really stuck it up the GUZ DOS's asses. :ph34r: Couldn't have done it better myself.

tsap seui

You're gettin close to the number of I-797s[?] we've got :lol: Touches don't mean squat to a tree. Now it sounds like they're throwing ya a well deserved pass.

Thanks cuzin' George. Yep, they threw us a bone. Even though it's really meaningless as far as that old 23 month old K-1, it will surely be nice evidence for the next go around on the CR-1

I've yet to e-mail Marc Ellis, it seems like it would be nice for "the file" if I waited until Guangzhou got the application back in their grimy lil' hands before I withdrew the k-1 due to our marriage. ;)

I'll go with professional advice. :)

tsap seui

Give 'em Hell Harry!

Thanks Smitty. :cheering:

I got a quick reply from Marc Ellis and we've agreed that once we get closer to filing the CR-! then I'll contact him and use his services to help smooth us through the process. What a heckuva good guy Marc is.

Some of you may find this interesting...

"What happened was VSC did what CSC is not doing. It reviewed the consulate's grounds for denial and found them legally insufficient - rather than taking the officer at his or her word. "

"Legally insufficient"...man, I like those words of vindication. :plane: We'll never know exactly how the DOS screwed us at that interview but thank God the USCIS saw that it was bullshit...just like we knew in our hearts all along. And again, we never got a letter from the USCIS asking us to rebut the charges against us...how would one rebut bullshit anyhow? :cheering:

tsap seui

Give 'em Hell Harry!

Thanks Smitty. :)

I got a quick reply from Marc Ellis and we've agreed that once we get closer to filing the CR-! then I'll contact him and use his services to help smooth us through the process. What a heckuva good guy Marc is.

"What happened was VSC did what CSC is not doing. It reviewed the consulate's grounds for denial and found them legally insufficient - rather than taking the officer at his or her word. "

"Legally insufficient"...man, I like those words of vindication. :D We'll never know exactly how the DOS screwed us at that interview but thank God the USCIS saw that it was bullshit...just like we knew in our hearts all along. And again, we never got a letter from the USCIS asking us to rebut the charges against us...how would one rebut bullshit anyhow? :(

tsap seui

One wuud re-butt BS by putting it back where it came from!! :lol:

Give 'em Hell Harry!

Thanks Smitty. :)

"Legally insufficient"...man, I like those words of vindication. :D We'll never know exactly how the DOS screwed us at that interview but thank God the USCIS saw that it was bullshit...just like we knew in our hearts all along. And again, we never got a letter from the USCIS asking us to rebut the charges against us...how would one rebut bullshit anyhow? :(

tsap seui

One wuud re-butt BS by putting it back where it came from!! :lol:

Cuz, you know I'm just a'loving seeing the USCIS stick our application, and THEIR illegal bullshit right back up the DOS's ass. :D Even though it is useless now, I can't tell ya how much I'm getting off on the USCIS's vindication of our original application.

Like I always said, it's just luck at Guangzhou, and as long as crooks run the place that's the way it'll always be. ;)

tsap seui

Hot damn. Just under thirteen months after our denial, which was held in blue slip hell for 10 months, I finally broke down and once again called the DOS :lol: :lol: WHOO HOOO!!!

I reached a lady who remembered my name and my wife's name...even remembered when we were denied. :) Of course, I only called the DOS every single workday during 10 months of blue slip hell, no wonder she remembered me. :D Sometimes I called twice. ;)

Here's the "timely" breakdown boyz n' girlz.....

Interview: July 2007 Blue slipped with an AR type slip

Denied: May 2008 10 freakin' months of awaiting a denial :lol:

Case returned to the NVC: January 28, 2009 8 months to send to the NVC from Guangzhou

Vermont service center recieved case: February 4, 2009 Shucks, less than a week to clear the NVC

No e-mail updates from Vermont, and told to await the service center for more exciting events. :lol:

That is all.

tsap seui

Yes, I will respond. No, I won't close the file. :P

Great news, can't imagine what you've both been thru

Best wishes to you, Tsap seui!