Quarantine Rules

Last I heard...if someone on the aircraft with you is sick, they will quarantine everyone that was within three rows of them, and/or five seats to the sides...

If you are sick, you are going straight to one of the 100 hospitals in China that are set up with isolation wards and you will stay there until you don't have any symptoms for three days and you have at least two negative screenings for AH1N1.

Last I heard...if someone on the aircraft with you is sick, they will quarantine everyone that was within three rows of them, and/or five seats to the sides...

That is similar to what I heard also. In Beijing, even no one on the plane was sick, you are encouraged to stay home for one week with minimal outside contact, and you are required to have temperature taken & reported for 7 consecutive days of arrival.

If you are sick, you are going straight to one of the 100 hospitals in China that are set up with isolation wards and you will stay there until you don't have any symptoms for three days and you have at least two negative screenings for AH1N1.

i wish i could request to be seated in the cargo, that way i can isolate my self and be safe...

i wish i could request to be seated in the cargo, that way i can isolate my self and be safe...

The health officials came on my flight in Guangzhou,dressed in white suits,some on the flight were getting ready to take cell phone pics,and they shouted no photos or they will confiscate the cell phone.A small boy one row up from me,had a high tempature,they then took his temperture again with a regular thermometer,under the arm.The Mom said he still had a temperture,but i guess it has to be high enough to hold everyone in quarintine,my guess anyway.It was a miracle we got off the plane.Also,this proceedure took more than 1 hour,sitting on a plane,make sure you make connecting flights accordingly. many,many pissed off connecting flight travelers.

Jimi

The health officials came on my flight in Guangzhou,dressed in white suits,some on the flight were getting ready to take cell phone pics,and they shouted no photos or they will confiscate the cell phone.A small boy one row up from me,had a high tempature,they then took his temperture again with a regular thermometer,under the arm.The Mom said he still had a temperture,but i guess it has to be high enough to hold everyone in quarintine,my guess anyway.It was a miracle we got off the plane.Also,this proceedure took more than 1 hour,sitting on a plane,make sure you make connecting flights accordingly. many,many pissed off connecting flight travelers.

Jimi

You got lucky :) in Guangzhou but I guess if in Beijing, it would be much different.

Also,this proceedure took more than 1 hour,sitting on a plane,make sure you make connecting flights accordingly. many,many pissed off connecting flight travelers.

Jimi

damn, that means i got less then 1hr to get my slow a** to the other side of the airport to check in and goto the boarding area... :)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jimi

You got lucky :) in Guangzhou but I guess if in Beijing, it would be much different.

My wife who is watching the news this morning, tells me that if you come to China on a plane where a passenger is determined to have a fever, then that passenger will be quarantined. Also, those sitting in close proximity to that passenger will also be quarantined for observation.

The remaining passengers will be allowed to go where they will, but must leave clear and definitive contact information. The Chinese Health Officials will be in touch with the passengers to see how they are doing and whether they've gotten sick.

but must leave clear and definitive contact information. The Chinese Health Officials will be in touch with the passengers to see how they are doing and whether they've gotten sick.

so i should be writing the address of the Consulate? even though i will be stopping at Chengdu? because my fiancee has my boarding pass to goto GUZ...

Guest ShaQuaNew

but must leave clear and definitive contact information. The Chinese Health Officials will be in touch with the passengers to see how they are doing and whether they've gotten sick.

so i should be writing the address of the Consulate? even though i will be stopping at Chengdu? because my fiancee has my boarding pass to goto GUZ...

Does your fiancee have a cell phone and home telephone number? Also, if you'll be staying in a hotel, you'll need to provide that information. This will only be required if someone on your flight is determined to be infected, and you are not sitting in close proximity to them.

Does your fiancee have a cell phone and home telephone number? Also, if you'll be staying in a hotel, you'll need to provide that information. This will only be required if someone on your flight is determined to be infected, and you are not sitting in close proximity to them.

good to know, i'll give her cell number for just incase....

When I was there and I returned on May 27th, everyone had to complete a Medical Disclosure form and give a contact name, address, and phone number. Without it, you weren't going anywhere. If you are staying in a hotel, then you needed at least the hotel name and address or phone number.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Lao po and daughter fly out Friday so we're crossing our fingers.

China is still taking this Flu business seriously. Brief artical.

SHANGHAI, June 7 (UPI) -- China Sunday quarantined New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin and his wife to see whether the U.S. visitors were exposed to the H1N1 virus, the mayor's office said.

Nagin, his wife and a security detail member were quarantined in Shanghai as the plane in which they traveled also carried a passenger being treated for symptoms suspected to result from exposure to H1N1 virus, CNN reported, quoting the mayor's office. The three, however, were reported to be free of any symptoms.

Nagin is in China on an economic development.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/06/07/Chi...97221244428519/