Who is working on a CR1 currently? Please reply. Maybe we can help each other out and meet up in GUZ. My cases is at the tail end at NVC right now.

Joe

Joe, mine has been at CSC for 5 weeks...so I'm pretty far behind you. I'm planning on going to CAN for my lao po interview, also. ZZ

Who is working on a CR1 currently? Please reply. Maybe we can help each other out and meet up in GUZ. My cases is at the tail end at NVC right now.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am CR1. Just completed NVC phase on 5/19. Interview isn't scheduled yet, but will let you know when I'll be in GUZ.

Does anyone know if I should expect the 3-4 month wait (ie., Customs / GUZ "Black Hole") for the interview? Or does it go a faster for CR1 since P3 docs were already processed at NVC?

Guest shutterbug

I should be sending my IV package by end of next week. Did you send all the documents electronically?

Hello,

I sent it all hard copy. Did not know I had a choice.

Joe

I sent all hard copies, too. Wasn't given a choice. My case left NVC in early May.

I should be sending my IV package by end of next week. Did you send all the documents electronically?

Hello,

I sent it all hard copy. Did not know I had a choice.

Joe

I sent all hard copies, too. Wasn't given a choice. My case left NVC in early May.

Hello,

Mine should be out of NVC in a week or two. Sent in the last requested doc. Hopefully it can be smoother from here. Let me know when yours clear custom. Thanks

Joe

Guest shutterbug

Hello,

Mine should be out of NVC in a week or two. Sent in the last requested doc. Hopefully it can be smoother from here. Let me know when yours clear custom. Thanks

Joe

Will do.

My wife and I are CR1 also. Sent my I-130 to CSC and they recieved it on March 24th. Still waiting on NOA2. Going by the timelines on VJ it seems there is a stack of papers simply not moving, it looks like the window is from March 21 to April 4 that people are still waiting on NOA2. Filers before and after have gotten NOA2 since then. I'm hoping this is not a bad sign. :lol:

Guest shutterbug

My wife and I are CR1 also. Sent my I-130 to CSC and they recieved it on March 24th. Still waiting on NOA2. Going by the timelines on VJ it seems there is a stack of papers simply not moving, it looks like the window is from March 21 to April 4 that people are still waiting on NOA2. Filers before and after have gotten NOA2 since then. I'm hoping this is not a bad sign. :lol:

I hope you are not checking the status every other hour and driving yourself nuts ;) It took 7.5 months for my case to clear VSC. Many who filed at VSC months later flew by me because toward the end of 2008 USCIS started diverting those VSC cases to CSC.

My wife and I are CR1 also. Sent my I-130 to CSC and they recieved it on March 24th. Still waiting on NOA2. Going by the timelines on VJ it seems there is a stack of papers simply not moving, it looks like the window is from March 21 to April 4 that people are still waiting on NOA2. Filers before and after have gotten NOA2 since then. I'm hoping this is not a bad sign. :o

Hello,

I was surprise I got mine in a month. However my K3 look like it going to sit for a while. Maybe CR1 will get to GUZ before K3. I am going for CR1 anyway.

Joe

My wife and I are CR1 also. Sent my I-130 to CSC and they recieved it on March 24th. Still waiting on NOA2. Going by the timelines on VJ it seems there is a stack of papers simply not moving, it looks like the window is from March 21 to April 4 that people are still waiting on NOA2. Filers before and after have gotten NOA2 since then. I'm hoping this is not a bad sign. :)

I hope you are not checking the status every other hour and driving yourself nuts ;) It took 7.5 months for my case to clear VSC. Many who filed at VSC months later flew by me because toward the end of 2008 USCIS started diverting those VSC cases to CSC.

Sadly I am quite the idiot and yes ... I am checking for my NOA2 every spare second I have. I know its foolish and is only driving me slowly insane, but it is my curse. I check my E-Mail every break at work wih my cell phone, and then I check again on my computer when I get home, then I check the mailbox also ... you know ... just in case ... hehehehe.

I got excited when I first mailed mine in and told my wife and family here in the States "It should only take a month, it looks like everyone is getting NOA2 in one month now" ... boy did that bite me in the butt.

I am trying to keep myself grounded with my workouts, but sadly I am getting so intense in the gym that I have dropped 5 pounds without meaning to. Anyways ... I need to just calm down about it. I knew going in it would be a lengthy process. I just have to get the head and the heart to align and meet in the middle.

Hey guys - if you got pegged for electronic processing at NVC, then you'll have a 'GZO' case number. If you did paper processing at NVC, then you'll have a 'GUZ' case number.

I'm watching the flow this month and next for CR-1s, as the pilot program has kicked in. What I'm looking at is the 'dead-zone' time - the difference in dates between 'DHL notes 'clearance delay'' to 'GUZ opens physical case file'. Historically, this duration has been anywhere from 1 to 4 months...

With the new electronic program at NVC, I'm watching for 'total electronic casefile' - hopefully the dead zone duration will decrease, if not altogether VANISH.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)
Guest shutterbug

Hey guys - if you got pegged for electronic processing at NVC, then you'll have a 'GZO' case number. If you did paper processing at NVC, then you'll have a 'GUZ' case number.

I'm watching the flow this month and next for CR-1s, as the pilot program has kicked in. What I'm looking at is the 'dead-zone' time - the difference in dates between 'DHL notes 'clearance delay'' to 'GUZ opens physical case file'. Historically, this duration has been anywhere from 1 to 4 months...

With the new electronic program at NVC, I'm watching for 'total electronic casefile' - hopefully the dead zone duration will decrease, if not altogether VANISH.

It may take some time for a pattern to be established, after all those who post here represent a tiny fraction of all cases, in addition to the highly unpredictable transit time for paper files to travel from NVC to GUZ that you have noted. The following table shows the number of CR/IR visas issued during Fiscal Year 2008 (October 1, 2007 - September 30, 2008).

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY08-AR-TableVIII.pdf

The number of immediate relative immigration visas and K non-immigrant visas issued at the Guangzhou Consulate during FY08:

K 2851

IR-1 1210

CR-1 1296

IR-2 1185

CR-2 347

I just read that news posted on the Embassy website. I wish I had known to go that route. Is there a better forum to post this in?

According to DOS (on 5/22):

..... ~ a K3 visa petition may (emphasis may; GUZ is different) be quick because GUZ may use the electronic. The CR1 process will still require the actual documents be received. ~.....

. . . . . certainly clears up the issue ..... ;) :blink:

Regardless, I found on this website, a member timeline:

A CR1 Visa for member 'mei3935' :

Case sent to Guangzhou: 2009-05-06

Case received by Guangzhou: 2009-05-21

This impressed me!

I am very hopeful to hear any news on this matter because it does appear that the embassy is . . . well . . . it's a positive !!!