This past Monday, on May 11th when Ting received her visa, I could not take it anymore and I had to speak to someone at USCIS.

I wondered through the maze to talk to a human and of course got the call center and not USCIS.

And yes, I had signed up for email updates. Repeatedly, checked my online status........all the same result from the human body to the USCIS site.......pending and in review.......

Today, I came home after being gone all week and low and behold.

NOA2.........I realize such another small step for....Okay maybe not mankind, but another loving couple......

Envelope dated 5-13-09. NOA2 dated 5/08/2009...

Hurray and we are on our way.......

Good luck to us all.

Henry

Congratulations! I am in touch with that feeling. I too am checking my online status every day. My cell phone alerts me to new e-mail and I scramble every break at work to check my e-mail ... to no avail yet. I also have tried calling, only to be told by the recording NOT to enquire about my case status as anyone I talk to will be quite unable to help me. I knew from the start that the wait would eat away at me, and it is. Anyways, glad to hear you got your NOA2!

Congratulations! I am in touch with that feeling. I too am checking my online status every day. My cell phone alerts me to new e-mail and I scramble every break at work to check my e-mail ... to no avail yet. I also have tried calling, only to be told by the recording NOT to enquire about my case status as anyone I talk to will be quite unable to help me. I knew from the start that the wait would eat away at me, and it is. Anyways, glad to hear you got your NOA2!

For my I-130 the time between NOA1 and NOA2 was 7 months and I remember people thinking that was fast! But that's been 7 years ago. I have no idea what the timelines are now but try not to let it get you down. No sense in that because whatever the current timelines are, rest assured, your turn will definitely arrive. Hang in there!

Good news, Henry! You're on your way! Happy trails!!! :lol:

This past Monday, on May 11th when Ting received her visa, I could not take it anymore and I had to speak to someone at USCIS.

I wondered through the maze to talk to a human and of course got the call center and not USCIS.

And yes, I had signed up for email updates. Repeatedly, checked my online status........all the same result from the human body to the USCIS site.......pending and in review.......

Today, I came home after being gone all week and low and behold.

NOA2.........I realize such another small step for....Okay maybe not mankind, but another loving couple......

Envelope dated 5-13-09. NOA2 dated 5/08/2009...

Hurray and we are on our way.......

Good luck to us all.

Henry

Congratulations

Based on my non-scientific method of calculating timeliness I'd say your about half way there. A week or two at NVC then off to GUZ to sit in "Customs Hold" as part of your right of passage. Then the magic day when you discover P-3 has been sent, hopefully in less than 3 months from now.

Sometimes I forget the lovely days of waiting on the process and how it consumed every moment of my life as if someone had hit the pause button.

I'd get busy working on the P-3 & P-4 paperwork and while your at it you might as well fill out the AOS forms as you will need all of the same information again.

Also, depending on your housekeeping skills and the amount of junk you have accumulated over the years you might want to start cleaning and getting rid of the junk that has been in boxes for more than 2 years because time is getting short and you might as well get it done so she doesn't get to see how big a slob you are. :D

Thanks everyone.........I still cannot sleep, but at least a lot of the stress is now gone.

I have been in so many competitions in my life locally and nationally from things like shooting a shotgun, golf, fishing tournaments, all kinds of racing, tennis, debating and even goose calling with my voice.

What I have always learned is that you save the best for the final round. I was worried that I maybe took a chance by holding a little back in reserve........

When I filed the petition, my thoughts were simply aimed at the interview presentation. Get the VO on the right track with front loading the extra materials and at the interview, finish it off with added proof. I did not really overly consider the P2. Keeping a couple of aces in reserve for GUZ. Something new, but with punch for the bona fide relationship issue that sometimes is encountered.

With all the waiting, I started to wonder, if I shouldn't have included the aces as well.

Looks like we will get our chance. I really like the idea of handing the VO the passport with the notarial timeline/evolution letter folded and inside (with a couple of extra photos) and ring receipt.

She will be wearing pink and her engagement ring.

Had already sent the Chinese certification of the ring.

Everyday, Mei would ask me if I had any good news. Each day I had to reassure her to be patient and she would be the first to know.

Yesterday, was the first day I could really tell from her that she needed some good news, but I still did not have any so I had to side step the issue some. In China, the ladies really share the horror stories...and with our ailing economy, she was stressing more than she should. Besides, her younger cousin's wedding anniversary was yesterday.

So I had the good news at 4:47 AM her time, so I sent her a text. To my surprise, she responded immediately.

I waited about 20 minutes. Tried to call. Her line was busy. Quick text from her. Call me. She was still crying........she calls happy tears.......

And yes, I saw the Chinese proverb and pot on the stove. Staying busy and keeping my mind on other things helps, but only for so long....mind can always out race the body.

I have never married, so it is going to be a big adjustment for me. My friends have always told me if I got married, my home would go from being 100 percent mine to 10 percent. And Mei has always given me a hard time about how neat my place is. I tell her it is neat. I get -- No believe (always with a big smile from her).

And yes, Lee I have a lot of things I have acquired over the years that now have less to little meaning and will need to go......

In a way that is a big relief also......

Besides being the most important thing I have ever done in my life, of course, it will also be the most meaningful.

I cannot wait to have her with me. The joy she brings to me knows no bounds.....

Good luck to us all.

Good night......and thanks.

And yes, I saw the Chinese proverb and pot on the stove.

I am glad for the relief of your anxiety and that she got the VISA!!! Congratulations and the best of luck together.

Oh, that is an "old Chinese saying" now? LOL

My wife told me it was a Chinese person who invented the light bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Congrat's on the NOA2

Have Patients, you have been through the 1st step of 5 steps in the process, the next 2 steps very in time/days for completion.

I remember, my SO thought she could go from step 1 to step 5 in 30 days. Doesn't happen, you still have anywher from 90 to 120 days to the interview depending on the case-load GUZ at has at the moment.

Use this time for the P3/P4 and put your Kitchen Sink together.

Good Luck

>>>Also, depending on your housekeeping skills and the amount of junk you have accumulated over the years you might want to start cleaning and getting rid of the junk that has been in boxes for more than 2 years because time is getting short and you might as well get it done so she doesn't get to see how big a slob you are. laugh.gif <<<

Great advice! I have so much,"Stuff" and no matter how clean the house is Ying will find more to clean.

I am still waiting for NOA2 and feel the same anxiety. Would a phone call to a warm body at CSC be of any benefit to us? ZZ