At my wife's suggestion, I sent an e-mail to CCTV-9, which is the international Chinese channel broadcast in English. Presented it as a possible human interest story. Given the loack of response from our own government, I figured it was a good idea to get all the coverage that we can.

If you can't reason with them, then embarrass them enough to shake things up.

The more that mention it to them the better. They will start to believe it if they hear it enough. Any of your fiancees that are computer literate might try a letter in Chinese. My wife had the idea, but she needs my help just to read the 001 site. Never had the chance to do anything with computers before and I don't know anything about how to teach her how to enter Chinese characters.

Always try to point out the human interest side and why they would want to run such a story.

The more that mention it to them the better.  They will start to believe it if they hear it enough.  Any of your fiancees that are computer literate might try a letter in Chinese.  My wife had the idea, but she needs my help just to read the 001 site.  Never had the chance to do anything with computers before and I don't know anything about how to teach her how to enter Chinese characters. 

Always try to point out the human interest side and why they would want to run such a story.

Jaijun can help Owen