This waiting time is killing me ! ! !

I know every case is different, but when I see some people getting NAO2 in as little as 45 days and others as long as 190 days for K-1 I am sitting on pins chewing my fingernails.

What do you do to help pass the time.

I am a little lucky that I have been very busy at work (almost 14 hour days). I should get back to studying my chinese, but when I listen to my MP3 lessons it makes me homesick for her even more.

Ya need to find something else to fill your time.

Here's a short list...

1. volunteer somewhere, once a week.

2. exercise, daily

3. start writing that book , since you've put it off this long.

4. put time into a hobby.

5. get back to china to see yer lass, for a few weeks or a shorter visit.

6. Gardening !! Grow Something !!

HTH !

Ya need to find something else to fill your time.

Here's a short list...

1. volunteer somewhere, once a week.

2. exercise, daily

3. start writing that book , since you've put it off this long.

4. put time into a hobby.

5. get back to china to see yer lass, for a few weeks or a shorter visit.

6. Gardening !! Grow Something !!

HTH !

these are pretty good advices.

I understand your feeling, look at my timeline

Edited by HelloWorld08 (see edit history)

One of my ways is that we talk twice everyday on Skype. In the morning for just a few minutes to she what she did and ate that afternoon, and for me to tell her good night, and for 30-60 minutes in the evening for me to tell her how my day went and for her to tell me what she has done and me good night.

If we miss one of these it really messes up both our days.

We also count down the days until I come back for another visit.

Love, Love, Love :ok:

Edited by Bill & Li Hong (see edit history)
I know every case is different, but when I see some people getting NAO2 in as little as 45 days and others as long as 190 days for K-1 I am sitting on pins chewing my fingernails.

I am a little lucky that I have been very busy at work (almost 14 hour days). I should get back to studying my chinese, but when I listen to my MP3 lessons it makes me homesick for her even more.

The waiting sucks!

I'm speaking out of turn but the Official CFL Answer on waiting is: Cheetos

Guest ShaQuaNew

Start one or two of those projects you've always thought about doing. Stay busy, and do something that is outside your normal comfort zone. Avoid becoming a couch potato and just sitting and waiting. Study a little Chinese culture by reading a historical book.

maybe also realize that a year out of a lifetime is nothing.

What did anyone of us accomplish in a years time? Often next to nothing.

In one year, we can prepare for a lifetime. This should be a year of preparation, diligence and care. The outcome may compare to nothing else in life.

It's just a year. I've wasted many a year. Let's make the most of it, without too much thinking or worry.

Our routine involves constant emails throughout the day so we feel in touch more as we go through our days. When her work takes her away from Internet access, we rely upon an email-to-text service. I get her emails on my cell phone and can reply quickly. I also travel a lot and we can keep in contact and she likes to track my flights across the U.S. imagining she was with me.

We talk on the phone once a week on Fri or Sat night for about 2-3 hrs to catch up on our week and reconnect some more at a more personal level. We visit each other in person every 2-3 months alternating U.S. and China visits.

We are 6 months into a mandatory 2+ year waiting period due to a previous J1 visa, so its going to take some patience that makes me envious of those who _only_ have to wait 9-12 months. Then I see these 4-5 yr timelines and it makes me shudder!

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)