Well, the interview seemed to have gone pretty smoothly, but due to delays, her certificate of eligibility to marry had expired. Also, they want complete contact information for her ex-husband because of her son. All things considered, it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully they quickly find out how bad her ex is (been in jail a few times, drug addict I hear) and allow us to get the visas.

I know of at least 4 pinks over the past two days, so things are well for many :stupid:

I think it is time to spend some quality time with her family and friends with the rest of the time I have here.

Well, the interview seemed to have gone pretty smoothly, but due to delays, her certificate of eligibility to marry had expired. Also, they want complete contact information for her ex-husband because of her son. All things considered, it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully they quickly find out how bad her ex is (been in jail a few times, drug addict I hear) and allow us to get the visas.

I know of at least 4 pinks over the past two days, so things are well for many ;)

I think it is time to spend some quality time with her family and friends with the rest of the time I have here.

I hope it's a quick overcome and you guys are together (here) soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Guest ShaQuaNew

Well, the interview seemed to have gone pretty smoothly, but due to delays, her certificate of eligibility to marry had expired. Also, they want complete contact information for her ex-husband because of her son...

I know of at least 4 pinks over the past two days, so things are well for many :huh:

Sounds like you're on top of things. Keeping our fingers crossed for you in getting the information they requested quickly, and getting the approval you deserve.

Good luck, and enjoy your time while here...

Thank you all. My fiancee said the VO was very pleasant and understanding. She is a little upset with her son, as he told the VO that his father calls occasionally (maybe once every 6-12 months). The only way they can call him (not that they have any desire to do so) is to call one of his sisters and he calls back. If not for that comment from her son, the fact that the divorce was almost ten years ago probably would have put that painful memory to rest.

We are hopeful that the consulate will be able to find out it took five petitions before she was finally allowed her divorce (she started 3 months after the marriage), and that her ex has been in jail numerous times. Needless to say, she has no desire to see him, nor does her son. When things calm down a bit I will ask why he even bothers to call at all, as it seems he does not care much about either my fiancee or her son.