Second half of April Interviews

Well I am starting to get hopefull. It is looking like since my wife was never given a blue I might be able to overcome the denial and keep the application in Guangzhou. I have already talked to one lawyer in GUZ and am now talking with Marc Ellis. I will let you know what they say. I am also trying to arrange to go back to China sooner than planned. If I want to fight this I need to go back within 30 days.

JBHypno

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am starting to get hopefull. It is looking like since my wife was never given a blue I might be able to overcome the denial and keep the application in Guangzhou. I have already talked to one lawyer in GUZ and am now talking with Marc Ellis. I will let you know what they say. I am also trying to arrange to go back to China sooner than planned. If I want to fight this I need to go back within 30 days.

JBHypno

good luck!

Jason, I am so sorry about the name, I went back to see how I got confused, and I see in your post, #, 8 on April 6th, there is a quote from John(Trudger24). I must have picker up on it and wrote it down. You should have told me sooner maybe in an early PM before I used the wrong name so many times in public, again I am sorry. Our thought are with you Jason, Mike & Yizhen

Jason,

Can you give an update on 2 things.

1. Did you find a attorney in GUZ who is able to help you and if so how is he/she helping. Also their name.

I ask this because I am starting my I130 now for my wife and I like to see when problems come up what the problem is and how it is handled so if I have problems I have a plan in place.

Also do you have a time line or information on what you presented as proof of marriage. Also, how many time did you go to china total and what trip did you get married?

I went 2 times and got married on second.

thanks,

JS

You should be better off than I was. I only went once due to work restrictions and financial difficulties. I got married on the first trip because of presure being put on us by her parents. They wanted her married before she became an "old maid" and told me that if we wern't married by a certain date they were going to arrange a marriage for her. So I came, met her family and we got married. We knew each other for about a year before that unfortunitily there comes my next red flag which was that we were married very soon after my divorce. Again the reason for this was the pressure from her parents. My first wife was deported because she was accidently infected with HIV but we couldn't prove it. My first wife and I knew that she was leaving for awhile and she encouraged me to meet someone else and I met my curren't wife. I am not sure which of these flags caused the denial but I suspect it was the length of time between visits. Both USCIS and NVC had my divorce papers and knew that the divorce and marriage was close together so they shouldn't have been able to issue a denial based on that. I am hoping to get help from Marc Ellis but I have also talked to Peter Pagnet. I am hopefully taking an emergency trip to China to try and keep my case from being sent back to the US. The NVC said they need to consider any additonal evidence as long as they have the file. Hopefully I will get this resolved although it might take some shouting.

JBHypno

Edited by JBHypno (see edit history)

You should be better off than I was. I only went once due to work restrictions and financial difficulties. I got married on the first trip because of presure being put on us by her parents. They wanted her married before she became an "old maid" and told me that if we wern't married by a certain date they were going to arrange a marriage for her. So I came, met her family and we got married. We knew each other for about a year before that unfortunitily there comes my next red flag which was that we were married very soon after my divorce. Again the reason for this was the pressure from her parents. My first wife was deported because she was accidently infected with HIV but we couldn't prove it. My first wife and I knew that she was leaving for awhile and she encouraged me to meet someone else and I met my curren't wife. I am not sure which of these flags caused the denial but I suspect it was the length of time between visits. Both USCIS and NVC had my divorce papers and knew that the divorce and marriage was close together so they shouldn't have been able to issue a denial based on that. I am hoping to get help from Marc Ellis but I have also talked to Peter Pagnet. I am hopefully taking an emergency trip to China to try and keep my case from being sent back to the US. The NVC said they need to consider any additonal evidence as long as they have the file. Hopefully I will get this resolved although it might take some shouting.

JBHypno

damn, sorry about the drama and Good luck, did you get your trip arranged yet?

Swine Flu has cause the Chinese Embassy to delay issuing visas. I will have my visa next week on Wednesday. I am leaving that Thursday or Friday and it looks like I will be meeting my wife in Nanning before going to GUZ. I am booking the plane ticket tomorrow. The following Monday is my last chance to submit the evidence since the next monday is memorial day and the embassy is closed. Everyone I spoke to said that if I don't go before the 30 days are up I will have a hard time with any appeal. By going now and getting them to take the additional evidence it becomes part of our case file. So even if we don't get another interview or the visa now there is a chance USCIS will reaffirm the application and I won't need to appeal. Wish us luck.

JBHypno

Swine Flu has cause the Chinese Embassy to delay issuing visas. I will have my visa next week on Wednesday. I am leaving that Thursday or Friday and it looks like I will be meeting my wife in Nanning before going to GUZ. I am booking the plane ticket tomorrow. The following Monday is my last chance to submit the evidence since the next monday is memorial day and the embassy is closed. Everyone I spoke to said that if I don't go before the 30 days are up I will have a hard time with any appeal. By going now and getting them to take the additional evidence it becomes part of our case file. So even if we don't get another interview or the visa now there is a chance USCIS will reaffirm the application and I won't need to appeal. Wish us luck.

JBHypno

good luck!!! if someone gives you crap, tear them a new one!!