Just got our interview date!

7:15 am 11 May 2009

Worst day to have it on since I want to attend ACH before the interview so I will have to arrive WAY early maybe leave from here April 30 and back March 19 if I can swing it. I'll have to go 5 or 6 days in the hole on vacation time if work allows me to do that as I really want to see our family again before we go. Its been so long since I saw them last. Hope I have enough funds for that too, was planning 2 weeks but now looking like longer. We will see.

Wish us luck!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7:15 am 11 May 2009

Worst day to have it on since I want to attend ACH before the interview so I will have to arrive WAY early maybe leave from here April 30 and back March 19 if I can swing it. I'll have to go 5 or 6 days in the hole on vacation time if work allows me to do that as I really want to see our family again before we go. Its been so long since I saw them last. Hope I have enough funds for that too, was planning 2 weeks but now looking like longer. We will see.

Wish us luck!

wow, CONGRATS!!!

Great to hear! Will she be flying home with you or waiting a bit?

She was talking about staying back a couple weeks or so but she said right now she is so tired of waiting with this very long immigration process she wants to just come straight away with me. The only thing holding that back would of course be getting PINK then if the seat is avail and the cost of said seat.

She was talking about staying back a couple weeks or so but she said right now she is so tired of waiting with this very long immigration process she wants to just come straight away with me. The only thing holding that back would of course be getting PINK then if the seat is avail and the cost of said seat.

you are buying one way ticket for yourself to fly there first? then buy a ticket together once you are over there?

Your planned timetable is almost identical to what my fiancee and I did (March 10 interview, in Beijing on Feb 28th, train arrived in Guangzhou the 4th, flew to the US on the 19th). One thing you should do is be prepared to wait at least 3 business days in guangzhou after your interview. We wanted to spend a lot more time with our chinese family before leaving, but were left with only about 2 days after waiting an extra day in guangzhou and then having to take ~20 hour trainrides from guangzhou to nanyang (chinese family's hometown) and then from nanyang back to beijing.

as for plane tickets, i can't speak for other airlines, but continental flights from beijing to newark usually have quite a few empty seats around this time, so you can almost definitely sit together with your fiancee on the way back if you fly with them (assuming you're waiting until after the pink to buy her plane ticket).

good luck.

also, at ACH, I'd recommend asking a question concerning a sentimental or unique piece of relationship evidence. the VO you talk to will make notes about what you talk about and the VO who interviews your fiancee will see those beforehand. Make sure it's a real question, though, as they don't like people coming to ACH just to prove they're with their fiancee in guangzhou.

you are buying one way ticket for yourself to fly there first? then buy a ticket together once you are over there?

I am required to do a round trip ticket by the Navy in order to get permission to travel there.

I am required to do a round trip ticket by the Navy in order to get permission to travel there.

damn...

whether you are required to or not, you should get a round trip ticket. two one-way tickets would be almost twice as expensive, right? just pick a seat for your return flight that has a single open seat next to it, and hope it remains vacant until your fiancee gets pink... (edit -- until she gets a *visa*)

Edited by weiaijiayou (see edit history)

whether you are required to or not, you should get a round trip ticket. two one-way tickets would be almost twice as expensive, right? just pick a seat for your return flight that has a single open seat next to it, and hope it remains vacant until your fiancee gets pink... (edit -- until she gets a *visa*)

Any one else gunna be in GUZ around 11 may?