so we got an email from our lawyer telling us congrats you have been approved and said we are waiting for the physical packet 2 so we can get the number and dates from it ....HOw long did it take anyone from finding out about approval till physically recieving the package and was it certified mail or just left in the box or at the door

thanks .....

Also check out the album i added today

Alrighty... K-1 - just approved at USCIS.

You're not gonna get anything in any 'thick' packet stateside, but you (or the lawyer) will recv the I-797 - NOA-2 approval notice.

Then - the casefile is bundled up with other casefiles, and send off to Guangzhou - US Consulate, via DHL.

Once it gets into Guangzhou , expect another 1 to 4 month wait - yer casefile is now sitting in a warehouse.

ONCE GUZ retrieves yer casefile from the warehouse, and OPENS a physical file at the Consulate, then figure another month until SHE is sent out the P-3 packet.

(then there's a P-4 and medical exam, but hei - yer looking at 3 months, give or take , for your K-1 approval duration).

Now The Real Wait Begins

Good Luck !

PS - I like the piccies in the album !!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

"You're not gonna get anything in any 'thick' packet stateside, but you (or the lawyer) will recv the I-797 - NOA-2 approval notice."

thanks do you know if this is going to be certified mail needing a signature or just some to the box like a letter

Regular mail. Congrats and good luck.

"You're not gonna get anything in any 'thick' packet stateside, but you (or the lawyer) will recv the I-797 - NOA-2 approval notice."

thanks do you know if this is going to be certified mail needing a signature or just some to the box like a letter

Regular mail. Congrats and good luck.

thanks for that....i was just worried about it because i had moved since i filed the paperwork i am in an apartment and i changed buildings lol for 727 to 2727 not a huge difference just was wondering if it will get forwarded like the rest of my stuff from there.. and my older address..

what address?

your lawyer is handling your paperwork , right ? he's already the agent of choice, yes ? he gets the paperwork first, yes?

If No, be ware...

USCIS doesn't forward the mail.

If yer in the same complex, is possible for you to become buddies with your postal carrier employee, have him/her handle that stuff for you.

Did you sign up for electronic notifications?

I'm confoosed, as yer saying 'my lawyer told me ....' - which to me, tells me that yer lawyer is getting all the notices sent to HIS office via postal mail.

If you have an NOA-1 in hand that was sent to yer address via USPS postal mail, well hei - there's yer hard/fast answer.

If yer attorney is fowarding NOAs to you - then it's all coming to his/her address first.

Sorry, I'm muddled.

Since yer doing a K-1 - there's not that big pile o stuff to be done with NVC prior to the casefile jumping 'cross the pond, like there is with the I-130.

You'll need the NOA-2 later for AOS, so If I was in yer shoes, I'd be d@mn sure where the NOAs were going to, and if need be - learn about filing the AR-11 online.

what address?

your lawyer is handling your paperwork , right ? he's already the agent of choice, yes ? he gets the paperwork first, yes?

If No, be ware...

USCIS doesn't forward the mail.

If yer in the same complex, is possible for you to become buddies with your postal carrier employee, have him/her handle that stuff for you.

Did you sign up for electronic notifications?

I'm confoosed, as yer saying 'my lawyer told me ....' - which to me, tells me that yer lawyer is getting all the notices sent to HIS office via postal mail.

If you have an NOA-1 in hand that was sent to yer address via USPS postal mail, well hei - there's yer hard/fast answer.

If yer attorney is fowarding NOAs to you - then it's all coming to his/her address first.

Sorry, I'm muddled.

Since yer doing a K-1 - there's not that big pile o stuff to be done with NVC prior to the casefile jumping 'cross the pond, like there is with the I-130.

You'll need the NOA-2 later for AOS, so If I was in yer shoes, I'd be d@mn sure where the NOAs were going to, and if need be - learn about filing the AR-11 online.

the email said that due to new regulations that particular form the I797C "the NVC letter is only sent to the petitioner and not to the attorney of record"....so i was hoping that the post office will forward it with all of my other mail...however they do not forward things that are not regular mail...IE delivery confirmation or certified mail.. i am calling the post office tomorow first thing and talking to the carrier and letting them have a heads up for anything going to the other address...the attorneys get all the other notifications and info pertaining to the case and then relay it to me .i am alos going to call and make sure my address is getting changed to save any future headache...

Sorry, I really meant 'become buddies with yer postal carrier' - and the obvious - 'have a face to face talk at the mailbox 'room' at the apartment complex'.

IMO, calling in via telephone will be totally useless.

If you haven't done the 'change of address' yet - I strongly suggest instead, that you go INTO the post office, put in a 'hold order' for your mail - and then come back in about 10 days for pick up.

A Hold Order keeps the mail at the post office, until YOU come by to pick it up. No Address Forwarding 'stuff' involved.

I use this 'feature' at the post office when I travel.

Isn't the K-1, P-3 sent to the beneficiary in China, about 2 to 4 months after the case is sent to GUZ?

Mike & Yizhen

Absolutely !

Hhhmmmm .....

A question pops into my head upon reading this thread (BIG surprise there ... I know :huh: ). How big is this P3 packet? My wife has a small mailbox. When I mailed her forms to sign she said the envelope was a bit tore at some spots from being forced into the small mailbox. The papers were fine, but that was a large envelope with only a few sheets of paper in it. Now I am concerned about this *big* packet.

Appaullo

Isn't the K-1, P-3 sent to the beneficiary in China, about 2 to 4 months after the case is sent to GUZ?

Mike & Yizhen

we are waiting for what my fiancee called the packet 2.5 ...then that might be right about the p3

FYI:

P2 is from USCIS; This is the official petition approval.

P2.5 is the NVC letter saying it's going on to GUZ.

P3 is the GUZ documents that go to your SO, based on the address which was put on the I-129F for her. She returns some stuff..

P4 is GUZ appointment letter that goes to your SO.

Mike & Yizhen

we are waiting for what my fiancee called the packet 2.5 ...then that might be right about the p3

FYI:

P2 is from USCIS; This is the official petition approval.

P2.5 is the NVC letter saying it's going on to GUZ.

P3 is the GUZ documents that go to your SO, based on the address which was put on the I-129F for her. She returns some stuff..

P4 is GUZ appointment letter that goes to your SO.

thank you for clarifying that for me ...so the only thing we get from the 2.5 is the case number and date right ?