Punching Holes in forms

OK ...

so I've searched and found the best way to prepare my I-130 package to mail off. I bought the fasteners, the tabs and the 2 hole punch for the tops of the pages. I've punched the holes in all my paperwork except for the actual forms themselves. The I-130 and the G-325As. I am just nervous about punching the holes in these forms. I know I have to do it ... it just makes me itchy.

Appaullo

OK ...

so I've searched and found the best way to prepare my I-130 package to mail off. I bought the fasteners, the tabs and the 2 hole punch for the tops of the pages. I've punched the holes in all my paperwork except for the actual forms themselves. The I-130 and the G-325As. I am just nervous about punching the holes in these forms. I know I have to do it ... it just makes me itchy.

Appaullo

its probably too late , but if you order the forms directly from uscis they will already have the holes punched in them. if you dont want to punch the holes the uscis can do this when they receive your app. good luck!

Punch away!!! We did for I-129F, I-485... and even for our kitchen sink for the interview at the consulate.

it's true.. it doesn't matter much except to the guy building it might get a rise in his creation :toot:

But USCIS is going to tear it apart, reorder and throw out the tabs... :cheering:

If I didn't know better, I'd think they were the brother of GUZ :)

---------

I'll add on a more optimistic note.... The most helpful is that the petition is organized; a cover letter and the tabs completely ensure that... So maybe removeable tabs, if you must

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

it's true.. it doesn't matter much except to the guy building it might get a rise in his creation :P

But USCIS is going to tear it apart, reorder and throw out the tabs... :eyebrow:

If I didn't know better, I'd think they were the brother of GUZ :happydance:

---------

I'll add on a more optimistic note.... The most helpful is that the petition is organized; a cover letter and the tabs completely ensure that... So maybe removeable tabs, if you must

All of our submissons were punched and acco'd with postit removable tabs, so at least it was a single, semi-organized mass until someone else decided it was time to reorganize.

They prefer the two hole punch in the top with ACCO fasteners. I punched mine on the side. Never had a problem. If you don't want to punch them then just put them in an evelope and like Randy said, let em punch their own damn holes.

PER USCIS:

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

• Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD
Guest ShaQuaNew

I would also recommend scented paper while we're at it... maybe 'pink' rose aroma B)

The scent of an old stale and musty room might be more appropriate, because that's what it's going to end up smelling like before they get around to reading it.

:D

I suggest saving your money and time from punching and indexing. Their dumpsters are surely lined with all the stuff they throw away.

I would also recommend scented paper while we're at it... maybe 'pink' rose aroma :redblob:

The scent of an old stale and musty room might be more appropriate, because that's what it's going to end up smelling like before they get around to reading it.

:greenblob:

I suggest saving your money and time from punching and indexing. Their dumpsters are surely lined with all the stuff they throw away.

I'm betting they laugh at some of the trouble people go through to send in their packet......