appointment instructions for immigrant visa applicants‏

hi all,

this is the actual letter from GZ's appointment letter, you may found some mistyped words due to no scanner at home. my wife spent an hour typing this on her computer and sends it to me, awwwwwww.

APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

The Consulate is ready to proceed with your immigrant visa application by granting you (and your derivatives) an interview .On the basis you have all documents needed in connection with your application for an immigrant visa ,an appointment has been scheduled for you to come to the office on the date specified in the attached letter .If any applicant cannot keep the appointment ,notify the Consulate immediately.

As noted on the medical examination instructions,applicants will be asked to bring certain documents at the time of the medical exam.You must have an English translation of all Chinese documents.If your application is incomplete,U.S. law will not permit a consular officer to give you a visa,although you will be able to return at a later date tosubmit missing items .In addition,be sure your name ane pertinent information is correct on all forms.

Submit these items during your medical exam:

*Form DS-2053 and associated worksheets (Medical exam forms).Every applicant must have a medical exam,regardless of age .These forms will be completed by the panel physician during the exam.

*Valid passport,4 passport photos,and a photocopy of passport's personal information pages.Each applicant must have a passport that will be valid for at least 8 months beyond the visa issuance date.

*Form DS-230 part II

*Form GIV-24 Family Composition Sheet.

*Notarial Bith Certificate

*Notaria Unmarried Statement (if applicable).Only males 22 or older,and females 20 or older need to submit this document. This certificate is only valid for one year.

*Notaria Marriage Certificate

*Notaria Divorce/Death Certificate proving dissolution of all pervious marriages.

*Notaria Police Certificate.Applicants aged 16 or older must submit this form for all countries in which the applicant has resided for one year or more and wherever the applicant has been living for six months prior to the interview since attaining the age of 16.Pplice certificates are only walid for one year.

*For applicants 17 years old or younger,document showing that the principal applicant has legal custody of the child ,or a notarized statement form the parent who has custody giving permission for the child to immigrate to the U.S.Only children with divorced parents need to submit this document.

*Adoption certificates (if applicable)

*Court records of any legal violations

Submit these items during your interview:

*Evidence of support.The petitioner and any co-sponsor must submit:

a.)An original,signed I-864 Affidavit of support form for each applicant. For example, if you and your children were beneficiaries of different Form I-130 family-based petitions,each will need an original affidavit of support and accompanying documentation.However,derivatives of a visa applicant can submit photocopies of the original form I-864,as long as these derivatives are immigrating at the same time as the principle immigrant or within six months of the time he or she immigrates to the United States.(If your petitioner already submitted an I-864 form(s) to the National Visa Center,you typically do not need to provide another one at the interview.)

b.)The most recent year's tax returns. For example,if the I-864 form was signed in 2007,bring the sponsor's 2006 tax returns.In addition, if the sponsor has filed a new tax return before the interview,an officer may ask you to submit a copy of these tax returns as well.We recommend bringing copies of tax returns from the three most recent tax years to the interview

c.)Evidence of current employment,remittance receipts,bank records,etc.

*Proof of relationship between applicant(s) and petitioner.In proving a blood relationship ,photos of the petitioner and all applicants taken together,from both before the petitioner went to the United States and any visits since that time,are the strongest evidence.Identify,in English,any person taken in group photos. You can also provide phone records and letters.Calling cards,without an itemized list of calls made using the cards,will not be accepted.

*If this is not your first marriage,please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview:your ex-spouse's name,date of birth,social security number (if applicable),last known address and telephone number.

*Applicants who have worked in technical fields should bring a detailed resume, in both Chinese and English,which should include the applicant's professional and educational history.In many cases,simply listing employers and job titles will be insufficient. The resume will include a complete list of all employers,all specific job responsibilities and projects,and the titles,descriptions and dates of all publications.

*Applicants who have traveled to the United States and applied for visa extension(s) should bring copies of extension application(s) and approval notice(s).

*Any previous expired or cancelled passport(s) for each applicant,

*Provide photos of applicants taken together for the duration of the relationship (if there is more than one applicant).

*If a stepparent is your petitioner,you must show evidence of your relationship to the stepparent and /or the relationship between your stepparent and your birthparent.

*Receipts for money orders the petitioner has sent the applicants from the United States .

*Documents listing applicants and the petitioner including land deeds,old household registers,and school records

Fees

Applicant should prepare to pay (in cash) the immigrant Visa Processing Fee.The current fee is $400 per person,which includes a $45 surcharge.IV applicants who previously paid the IV application fee visa National Visa Center will not be charged an additional application fee.Each person immigrating,regardless of age, requires a separate visa and must each pay this fee.If a person is found ineligible to receive a visa,the processing fee cannot be refunded.

No guarantee

The Consulate cannot guarantee any applicant will receive a visa .Desisions are based on many factors.Even if the Consulate determines you are eligible for a visa, issuance can be delayed for a variety of reasons.You are STRONGLY ADVISED against giving up your job ,disposing of property,or buying plane tickets until you actually receive your visa.

Should the Consulate approve your visa,you will receive instruction regarding procedures for picking up your visa,which may include an additional small delivery fee. In most cases,the visa will be ready within three business days.An immigrant visa is usually valid for a maximum of six months from the date of issuance.You must travel and apply for admission to the United States within that six-month period.

Potential cancellation of application

If you miss your scheduled interview date (see appointment letter),you must contact the Consulate,by letter or email,to reschedule.Section 203(e) of the immigration and Nationality Act requires each intending immigrant to pursue his or her application within one year of each requested action. Failure to do so will cancel your application.

Interview Date

During the medical exam, a packet will be compiled.On the day of your interview,bring this packet, any necessary documents you did not bring during your medical exam,and any and all potential evidence proving the applicant(s) relationship to each other (as applicable) as well as the petitioner.All Chinese documents must be translated into English.Again, if you are missing any of your documents,U.S. law will not permit the Consulate to issue you a visa,although you will be able to return at a later date to submit missing documents.

(Rev:02/08)

ps(1): my wife is on CR-1

ps(2): i added bullets, bolded text, no texts were changed

Edited by george lee (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: the $400 fee is paid to NVC when I-130 is filed to USCIS in the USA, the $400 fee is paid to consulate when I-130 if filed in CHINA (DCF)

Your Wife may find Form GIV-24 missing from the forms she received. Apparently, Form GIV-24 is no longer needed (from what I read) but GZ didn't take it off from the appointment letter.

As a rule of thumb, if the forum is not included, it is not required. But I would suggest find this form online, print it and bring it with her just in case.

Not sure if your wife know the Chinese 001 forum. It is an all Chinese language forum about US Visas that has a lot of good information. It is an old BBS type forum.

Link is: http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/index.html

I am still trying to get 1 week off to go to GZ. Boss is not in today, so I will find out by tomorrow if it is a Go or no Go for me.

Your Wife may find Form GIV-24 missing from the forms she received. Apparently, Form GIV-24 is no longer needed (from what I read) but GZ didn't take it off from the appointment letter.

As a rule of thumb, if the forum is not included, it is not required. But I would suggest find this form online, print it and bring it with her just in case.

Not sure if your wife know the Chinese 001 forum. It is an all Chinese language forum about US Visas that has a lot of good information. It is an old BBS type forum.

Link is: http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/index.html

I am still trying to get 1 week off to go to GZ. Boss is not in today, so I will find out by tomorrow if it is a Go or no Go for me.

hy020,

GIV-24 is in the packet. i saw the form via the webcam last night. my boss is out due to snow but i will talk to her tomorrow. if both of us can go to GZ, it will be great and we can share information.

hy020,

GIV-24 is in the packet. i saw the form via the webcam last night. my boss is out due to snow but i will talk to her tomorrow. if both of us can go to GZ, it will be great and we can share information.

Ah, I see. My Boss is out due to Snow too. I am in Boston, so we are both in the same storm.

hy020,

Ah, I see. My Boss is out due to Snow too. I am in Boston, so we are both in the same storm.

hy020,

funny how bosses are able to take snow days off B) :lol: :lol:

hy020,

hy020,

funny how bosses are able to take snow days off B) :lol: :lol:

If it is up to me, bosses can take as many snow days off as they want. Just approve our times off.

Do you think the GIV-24 is only needed for the I-130, K-3 & IR-1/CR-1? and not the I-129F K-1? Mike & Yizhen

From what I read on 001 Forum, GIV-24 is no longer needed for K1, K3, IR-1, CR-1. Some on 001 has asked GZ why they didn't get GIV-24 in the P4 package, GZ's reply is if it is not in your package then it is not required.

My Fianc¨¦e received our K1 P4 today, but has not opened it yet. (She is in a different city now from where P4 was send). I will have her check if GIV-24 is in our package this coming weekend.

george lee's CR-1 P4 contains GIV-24.

So, to be safe I would download and print out couple copies of GIV-24 if you do not have it in your P4. If you do have it in P4, then fill it out and bring it to the interview.

George - eek - yet another GIV-24 form 'matter' -

*Form GIV-24 Family Composition Sheet

This is gonna be fun - I wish they'd standardize the form.

We've argued about this form here on CFL for about 5 months now .

George - eek - yet another GIV-24 form 'matter' -

*Form GIV-24 Family Composition Sheet

This is gonna be fun - I wish they'd standardize the form.

We've argued about this form here on CFL for about 5 months now .

i think GZ changed the form - AGAIN!!! :lol:

Do you think the GIV-24 is only needed for the I-130, K-3 & IR-1/CR-1? and not the I-129F K-1? Mike & Yizhen

From what I read on 001 Forum, GIV-24 is no longer needed for K1, K3, IR-1, CR-1. Some on 001 has asked GZ why they didn't get GIV-24 in the P4 package, GZ's reply is if it is not in your package then it is not required.

My Fianc¨¦e received our K1 P4 today, but has not opened it yet. (She is in a different city now from where P4 was send). I will have her check if GIV-24 is in our package this coming weekend.

So, to be safe I would download and print out couple copies of GIV-24 if you do not have it in your P4. If you do have it in P4, then fill it out and bring it to the interview.

we're doing a k-1 and my fiancee's P4 (received about 3 weeks ago) has a GIV-24.

we're doing a k-1 and my fiancee's P4 (received about 3 weeks ago) has a GIV-24.

my stepdaughter just received the p4 2 days ago. it had the same appointment letter and another letter attached stating the revised forms reqirements. on the attached letter the giv-24 is not mentioned as needed and it also states to only turn in the medical forms and photos at the medical and bring the rest of the forms to the interview. apparently, guz is still sendind out the old appt. letters (02/08) even though on their website they have the new one (01/09) available. some govt. agencies are well known to continue sendingout old forms to get rid of them. good luck to all and think pink!

hy020,

My bubble was busted. I can't get any time off in Late March for the interview. The best I can do is 2 week in Early June to go and bring my Fianc¨¦e back to the States with me. Hope you have better luck.

We listed my wife¡¯s son as ¡°follow to join¡± on the original application. About 8 months later we sent a fax and email to Guz requesting an interview date. They were good about scheduling the interview during our requested time frame. At the interview they blue slipped him. They wanted to see pictures of him and my wife together when he was younger. You might want to have some of those available. Good Luck

my stepdaughter just received the p4 2 days ago. it had the same appointment letter and another letter attached stating the revised forms reqirements. on the attached letter the giv-24 is not mentioned as needed and it also states to only turn in the medical forms and photos at the medical and bring the rest of the forms to the interview. apparently, guz is still sendind out the old appt. letters (02/08) even though on their website they have the new one (01/09) available. some govt. agencies are well known to continue sendingout old forms to get rid of them. good luck to all and think pink!