An Interesting Thing Happened When I

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receipt Number: LIN030XXXXXXX

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received on November 15, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Hmm, although it didn't make any sense, I thought, well, here's another piece of good news in this ever so slow process. I posted my I-130 stats above. I wonder what's going on? Interesting to note the I-129F is also posting "between 15 and 21 days" (not for me, since mine was approved the end of February). I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but I don't think the posting time for either is correct. Let's just hope it's a simple fix and doesn't affect the actual posting time for our petitions!

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you. Yes it does seem like a long time ago from June. I want to thank you for bringing me to this group. I hope everything works out for you. I was very sad to see what happened. :P

Please keep in touch.

As for everyone else, I did call the NCSC and the processing time for the I-130 is NOT correct. I was told that the timeline was still 16+ months for completion. The timeline for my I-129F I was told is correct.

Clifford, the I-129F is what the Visa will be issued with to both Parent and Child. The I-130 is only the petition requesting to allow parent and child to immigrate to the US. So don't worry, both will come at the same time. :D

Remember, you should check with the NCSC to make sure the numbers are correct for your case. As we all know, BCIS NEVER makes an error! :lol:

Bryan

Guest Se_Lang
Remember, you should check with the NCSC to make sure the numbers are correct for your case. As we all know, BCIS NEVER makes an error!  :lol:

Bryan

To error is human........................to really screw up you need BCIS :P

WTF??? My I130 is also supposed to be done soon-- "It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case."

This sounds too good to be true. :lol:

I'm not even going to tell her about the change in dates, it isn't fair to get her hopes up over a data entry error.

[edit]

You know, something is not right. If it is taking 30-90 days to process a case that has been in the system for approximately 240 days, then either they were using our I130 to cover the bottom of a bird cage for the past 8 months, or the number of days for processing is determined with the aid of a sigmoidoscope.

Why yes, I AM bitter. Someone please prove me wrong.

You know, something is not right.  If it is taking 30-90 days to process a case that has been in the system for approximately 240 days, then either they were using our I130 to cover the bottom of a bird cage for the past 8 months, or the number of days for processing is determined with the aid of a sigmoidoscope.

MoonCarolCafe,

:D At least you have some humor in the process, I had a good laugh. :P

I am certain that most of the processing time is spent with the application sitting on somebody's desk. Why else would it take BCIS 6 months between the "Reciept", and sending a letter that I had a typo in my application? Why would some people have to wait excessive time for the receipts? :D

In an era when people believe microwaves cook too slowly, and one can fly around the world in a day, why does it take the INS a minimum of 2 weeks to forward an application from the USA to the US Embassy in the destination country?

Anyway,

I still have some patience, but when it reaches minus 30 in Russia, and my Fiancee is subjected to another bitter cold winter, alone, my patience will be coming to an end. :D I really do not want to spend another Christmas without her, just because nobody wants to take the time to do a little paperwork :D

----- Clifford -----

P.S.

Perhaps the forms aren't used in birdcages, but rather they need them for housetraining a new generation of drug and bomb sniffing dogs!!! Why else would we have to submit the forms in quadruplicate, each full of redundant information (it is odd that I haven't seen a single dog in an airport).

Guest Se_Lang

Oh the difference a day makes...........sigh

Receipt Number: src03xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on September 19, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

OK, Dave where is the Prozac B)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on September 19, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

OK, Dave where is the Prozac  B)

Where did that news come from? Had you mailed a information request?

Sorry to hear about the news....but, it's actually worse. If your situation is like mine, I was told processing times were between 35 - 63 days. In reality, it was 95. 30% longer. So, take those numbers with a grain of salt....not gospel.

If Prozac looses its efficacy, we always can try electroconvulsive shock therapy. Just trying to help.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/franky.gif

z

Current Status:

OK, Dave where is the Prozac  :blink:

Where did that news come from? Had you mailed a information request?

Sorry to hear about the news....but, it's actually worse. If your situation is like mine, I was told processing times were between 35 - 63 days. In reality, it was 95. 30% longer. So, take those numbers with a grain of salt....not gospel.

If Prozac looses its efficacy, we always can try electroconvulsive shock therapy. Just trying to help.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/franky.gif

I hear Prozac works better if you snort it under a full moon. :wacko: :wacko: B)