Holiday Inn China 72-hour hot offer

In case anyone has plan to visit China in the next few months:

Make your reservation from 17 February at any participating Crowne Plaza® or Holiday Inn® or Holiday Inn Express® in Mainland China for stays up to 18 May 2009 from only RMB 238.

Limited rooms available. Book from 17 to 20 February Only!

that's a hot offer?!

Well, 20-50% off normal rates for Beijing & Shanghai properties, I'd say it's a pretty decent offer.

if the beds are soft then i guess it's not a bad deal. but if you go to a city for 2 weeks or more you can usually rent an apartment for a month at about 100yuan/day, and that's probably just the price when they know you're a laowai... depending on the place, the bed-quality could range from wonderful to horrendous. at the last place i stayed at it felt like i was sleeping on heaps of rocks...

one hotel that's pretty cheap but still clean and comfortable is 7 days inn. my friend stayed at one in beijing for about 150yuan/night. they have them in lots of other cities...

personally, i'm dreading the search for a cheap but clean hotel in guangzhou. it seems like the ones near the consulate are ridiculously expensive...

if the beds are soft then i guess it's not a bad deal. but if you go to a city for 2 weeks or more you can usually rent an apartment for a month at about 100yuan/day, and that's probably just the price when they know you're a laowai... depending on the place, the bed-quality could range from wonderful to horrendous. at the last place i stayed at it felt like i was sleeping on heaps of rocks...

one hotel that's pretty cheap but still clean and comfortable is 7 days inn. my friend stayed at one in beijing for about 150yuan/night. they have them in lots of other cities...

personally, i'm dreading the search for a cheap but clean hotel in guangzhou. it seems like the ones near the consulate are ridiculously expensive...

We stayed at Yangs. If you haven't read about it, there are a ton of posts... It's in the same building as the consulate.

You really don't want to get too far from the consulate. There is a huge square in front of the railroad station. There are several hotels around the perimeter (as is the consulate's building). I would recommend choosing one of those.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Shanghai.

The bed was soft. :)

In China, the only soft bed I've slept in is the one I bought for Li's house. I didn't know they had them in hotels. :(

This is precisely the reason why I prefer western chain hotels over local run hotels: better beds. Most western chain hotels use the same type of bed for all their properties worldwide.

Hint:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28158

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=23

I'd lean towards The Grand Palace, really.

Enjoy!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

roadwarrior - i studied those links - d@mn thing listed wuhan, but wasn't available as a 'promotion city' once ya got to the 2nd page.

No Worries - I've decided to stay at the Marco Polo this year, it's 5 min walk to her house (2 of those minutes are walking up 8 flights o stairs in her building). Wuhan HoJo is excellent, if you're not on a budget. Marco Polo is a bit less, and has indoor swimming pool (which I need).

roadwarrior - i studied those links - d@mn thing listed wuhan, but wasn't available as a 'promotion city' once ya got to the 2nd page.

No Worries - I've decided to stay at the Marco Polo this year, it's 5 min walk to her house (2 of those minutes are walking up 8 flights o stairs in her building). Wuhan HoJo is excellent, if you're not on a budget. Marco Polo is a bit less, and has indoor swimming pool (which I need).

Holiday Inn Wuhan Riverside is listed, somehow I just can't pull the rate for Holiday Inn City Center. :rolleyes: If you still have problem using the link, then just go to the regular holiday inn website, the 72-hour rate is also available there.

Edited by roadwarrior (see edit history)