Valentine's Day Ripoff

$69.99 for a dozen roses delivered in China...I don't really see that as a ripoff. Come to my town. You'll pay $89.99 for a dozen roses at a florist shop during Valentines Day week and you have to go get them! Delivery fees are extra!

You can buy a nice rose for less then a buck a piece off a vendor in Nanning. 5 RMB to be exact.

Question for ya Tony.......since most of the roses here seem to come from Ecuador, does China's roses come from there too or do they grow their own?

I thought it was Columbia?

Never mind -

Roses are from....?

Let's just say South America. :) I was just curious if China grew their own like everything else. Guess I needs ta take it to Google, heh??

And here is my Googled answer: http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=8214

I love it...

"As one analyst points out, the nagging worry about Chinese businesses entering any market is intense overproduction and a subsequent crash in prices. ¨C YaleGlobal"

$69.99 for a dozen roses delivered in China...I don't really see that as a ripoff. Come to my town. You'll pay $89.99 for a dozen roses at a florist shop during Valentines Day week and you have to go get them! Delivery fees are extra!

You can buy a nice rose for less then a buck a piece off a vendor in Nanning. 5 RMB to be exact.

Question for ya Tony.......since most of the roses here seem to come from Ecuador, does China's roses come from there too or do they grow their own?

I thought it was Columbia?

Never mind -

Roses are from....?

Let's just say South America. :) I was just curious if China grew their own like everything else. Guess I needs ta take it to Google, heh??

And here is my Googled answer: http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=8214

I love it...

"As one analyst points out, the nagging worry about Chinese businesses entering any market is intense overproduction and a subsequent crash in prices. ¨C YaleGlobal"

Yep they have been known to get carried away!! :lol: Yeah buddy, gotta love it! ;)

Hello Charles,

Their roses came from Yunnan the last time I ordered. In Yunnan roses are price at about 0.10 RMB if you get 100 roses or more. I was more into their orchids because they were so cheap. 89.99 is crazy. I guess it depends on where you are at. I order the flower the last time and will not do it again from any Chinese website. My wife got the flower and it was not in really good condition, charge me extra for nice packaging(Packaging was not nice at all) and even call her to verify if she was happy because I was complaining. I got really upset and since the site said 100% showever the site did say Satisfaction guarantee I was able to get my money back. Dispute the charges you did not make and if you pay by credit you should be able to work it out.

Joe

Hello Charles,

Their roses came from Yunnan the last time I ordered. In Yunnan roses are price at about 0.10 RMB if you get 100 roses or more. I was more into their orchids because they were so cheap. 89.99 is crazy. I guess it depends on where you are at. I order the flower the last time and will not do it again from any Chinese website. My wife got the flower and it was not in really good condition, charge me extra for nice packaging(Packaging was not nice at all) and even call her to verify if she was happy because I was complaining. I got really upset and since the site said 100% showever the site did say Satisfaction guarantee I was able to get my money back. Dispute the charges you did not make and if you pay by credit you should be able to work it out.

Joe

I had a similar problem a few years back with the flowers delivered actually being dead. :lol I can only laugh about it now.

prices are highest at valentines day. recheck the price today, what do you see?

That's not the point. I picked flowers costing USD 27.99, specified the 14th as the delivery date, and the stupid site took my money.

That is a contract.

If they wanted to charge $40 extra, they should have done that up front, not after I was on the hook for some money already.

That's not the point. I picked flowers costing USD 27.99, specified the 14th as the delivery date, and the stupid site took my money.

That is a contract.

If they wanted to charge $40 extra, they should have done that up front, not after I was on the hook for some money already.

That's your basic bait-and-switch. Very illegal in this country, but this was in China.

I had a brokerage do that to me once, but that's another story.

That is a contract.

Here's two more cents from me:

Don't send any more money. But, tell them to honor the contract for normal delivery and send it ASAP.

That is a contract.

Hello Christopher

If your credit card was charge the extra 40 and you have the original email with cost then just dispute it. If they haven't deliver it then just explain to your wife or gf and walk away from that company.

Joe

Charle I do not know where the roses originated. However this is what it cost 2 months ago for a dozen red roses delivered to my wife.

china-flower-544 done Dec-24-2008 USD 27.79

I hope she does not know what they cost you!! I got a dozen roses her in China for my wife and paid 90 RMB for them. She thanked me and then asked me five minutes later how much did they cost. When I told her she said the next time I wanted to buy her flowers I should tell her and she will go with me to get a better price.

I tired to explain to her that the surprise and romance of giving her flowers would be taken away if she went with me to buy them. She said it is better to save money. I don't ever recall my American wife or any American gf ever saying this to me.

I hope she does not know what they cost you!! I got a dozen roses her in China for my wife and paid 90 RMB for them. She thanked me and then asked me five minutes later how much did they cost. When I told her she said the next time I wanted to buy her flowers I should tell her and she will go with me to get a better price.

I tired to explain to her that the surprise and romance of giving her flowers would be taken away if she went with me to buy them. She said it is better to save money. I don't ever recall my American wife or any American gf ever saying this to me.

I get this all the time. Li's birthday and Valentines day fall close together.

I bought her a lot of stuff in the last couple weeks. Always the same question: "How much did it cost?" Always the same answer: "I didn't notice, it was for my wife." :D

I get this all the time. Li's birthday and Valentines day fall close together.

I bought her a lot of stuff in the last couple weeks. Always the same question: "How much did it cost?" Always the same answer: "I didn't notice, it was for my wife." :angry:

Hey Richard,

I like your answer. I will be using that next week. I will be visiting mine for 6 weeks this time. Hopefully this will prove sometype of bonafide relatiosnhip.

Joe