Valentine's Day Ripoff

So I ordered some flowers for a nice girl in ChengDu, then I went out and hosted my tango party, then came back to bed. This morning I find this in my mailbox:

====================================

Dear Christopher Everett

Order ID: china-flower-685

You have just received a message from our order-fulfilling unit regarding your order.

Dear Christopher Everett,Thanks for your order.But for valentine's day delivery,the price for valentine's day is 67.79USD.therefore we need to charge you additional 40USD.please advise asap.thanks and best regards.

Please click here to view or reply this message.

http://zh-email.localstreets.com/en/orderm...messageID=19296

NOTE: For the efficiency and security reason, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. Otherwise your enquiry will probably be delayed to be processed.

========================================

How can you go through the entire order process and charge my card

without noticing the date and informing me of the extra $$$ ahead of time?

What should I do?

Oh, and by the way, the link to reply above does not work.

Edited by Christopher (see edit history)

I would personally just walk away shaking my head... programming code sucks :D

certainly as a paying member, you have the ability to voice your concern over the handling of the transaction... so you can write to their service department... they might refund or give a credit...

But it you originally knew this price, would you still pay it?

Hopefully she gets the flowers in the end :D

I would personally just walk away shaking my head... programming code sucks :partytime2:

certainly as a paying member, you have the ability to voice your concern over the handling of the transaction... so you can write to their service department... they might refund or give a credit...

This isn't a dating site I ordered the flowers through. It was one of the vendors recommended by another CFL person.

I shopped around looking for the best price for a dozen roses. $68 for a dozen roses, no way, no how. I spend a fair amount of time in South America, so I'm used to paying the "gringo price", but this is gouging of a different order.

Hopefully she gets the flowers in the end :happydance:

WE shall see. Right now, I have no way to communicate because the linky they gave is broken.

But in any case, I posted because other people should be aware.

I would personally just walk away shaking my head... programming code sucks :lol:

This isn't a dating site I ordered the flowers through. It was one of the vendors recommended by another CFL person.

I shopped around looking for the best price for a dozen roses. $68 for a dozen roses, no way, no how. I spend a fair amount of time in South America, so I'm used to paying the "gringo price", but this is gouging of a different order.

Hopefully she gets the flowers in the end :D

WE shall see. Right now, I have no way to communicate because the linky they gave is broken.

But in any case, I posted because other people should be aware.

I think you nailed it! :P

Guest Tony n Terrific

$69.99 for a dozen roses delivered in China...I don't really see that as a ripoff. Come to my town. You'll pay $89.99 for a dozen roses at a florist shop during Valentines Day week and you have to go get them! Delivery fees are extra!

You can buy a nice rose for less then a buck a piece off a vendor in Nanning. 5 RMB to be exact.

$69.99 for a dozen roses delivered in China...I don't really see that as a ripoff. Come to my town. You'll pay $89.99 for a dozen roses at a florist shop during Valentines Day week and you have to go get them! Delivery fees are extra!

You can buy a nice rose for less then a buck a piece off a vendor in Nanning. 5 RMB to be exact.

Question for ya Tony.......since most of the roses here seem to come from Ecuador, does China's roses come from there too or do they grow their own?

Question for ya Tony.......since most of the roses here seem to come from Ecuador, does China's roses come from there too or do they grow their own?

I thought it was Columbia?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Charle I do not know where the roses originated. However this is what it cost 2 months ago for a dozen red roses delivered to my wife.

china-flower-544 done Dec-24-2008 USD 27.79

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

Guest Tony n Terrific

I thought they only exported Coco Leaves.

Never mind -

Roses are from....?

Never mind -

Roses are from....?

Let's just say South America. :) I was just curious if China grew their own like everything else. Guess I needs ta take it to Google, heh??

Never mind -

Roses are from....?

Let's just say South America. :) I was just curious if China grew their own like everything else. Guess I needs ta take it to Google, heh??

And here is my Googled answer: http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=8214