Nonstop Newark to Shanghai service starts March 25, 2009

Nonstop Newark to Shanghai service starts March 25, 2009*

Enjoy low introductory fares and 10,000 bonus miles

Effective March 25, 2009, Continental Airlines will offer daily nonstop service to Shanghai from the New York Area. Round-trip fares from Newark/New York and Boston start at $777. From Houston, Cleveland and many other cities, find fares as low as $888 round trip.

Take advantage of our low fares to Shanghai and register to earn up to 10,000 OnePass® miles.

Earn 10,000 bonus miles on a BusinessFirst® round trip ticket

Earn 5,000 bonus miles on a full-fare Economy round trip ticket

Earn 2,500 bonus miles on an Economy round trip ticket

The OnePass mileage bonus applies for travel March 25 through May 31, 2009.

Effective March 25, 2009, Continental Airlines will offer daily nonstop service to Shanghai from the New York Area. Round-trip fares from Newark/New York and Boston start at $777. From Houston, Cleveland and many other cities, find fares as low as $888 round trip.

Take advantage of our low fares to Shanghai and register to earn up to 10,000 OnePass® miles.

Good news but I do hope nonstop Newwark to Harbin.

how long is the flight ?

do they (Newark) have a smokers lounge for connecting dudes ?

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

how is the flight ?

well I kept my mojo...but really I have not taken this flight as the first flight is still in the furture

Wanna t6ake bets on whether this 'non-stop' flight goes to Beijing first?

The "non-stop" flight from Houston to Beijing goes to Newark first and changes everything - plane crew and gate - there except for the flight #.

Yes/no so you are saying non stop is not non stop? I have no experience from Houston, only Newark to Beijing. If Continental says non-stop to Shanghai then you think it is 2 stops? I have never seen a flight that lists as non stop, but does indeed have two stops. Have you?

The "non-stop" flight from Houston to Beijing goes to Newark first and changes everything - plane crew and gate - there except for the flight #.

Yes/no so you are saying non stop is not non stop? I have no experience from Houston, only Newark to Beijing. If Continental says non-stop to Shanghai then you think it is 2 stops? I have never seen a flight that lists as non stop, but does indeed have two stops. Have you?

This is your (actual) non-stop from Newark to Beijing

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

You mean an actual (non-non stop) flight from Houston, not Newark. My flight from Newark is non stop. I did not fly thru Houston.

You mean an actual (non-non stop) flight from Houston, not Newark. My flight from Newark is non stop. I did not fly thru Houston.

:o I suppose you could always fly to Houston first and then take the PHONY "non-stop" from Houston to Beijing :o

:o I suppose you could always fly to Houston first and then take the PHONY "non-stop" from Houston to Beijing :o

Thanks Randy, that's a great idea, I'm sure I won't take advantage of that. Since you're in the Houston area, i guess you have experience with this... ;)

:o I suppose you could always fly to Houston first and then take the PHONY "non-stop" from Houston to Beijing ;)

Thanks Randy, that's a great idea, I'm sure I won't take advantage of that. Since you're in the Houston area, i guess you have experience with this... ;)

Maybe so . . . :o :lol:

An airline can list a flight as "non-stop" as long as the flight number doesn't change. "Non-stop" in airline lingo mean the flight doesn't terminate before the advertised final destination.

So, a flight from Houston to Tulsa, to Chicago, to Newark to Beijing could be a non-stop flight as long as the flight number designation stays with the continuing leg of the flight.

Take advantage of our low fares to Shanghai and register to earn up to 10,000 OnePass miles.

Earn 10,000 bonus miles on a BusinessFirst round trip ticket

how long is the flight ?

do they (Newark) have a smokers lounge for connecting dudes ?

Hey Rob,

Don't know what the flight time will be, but Newark is a non-smoking airport, no smoking lounge at all. Sorry. Of course you could always go outside, but then you're looking at going through the Security checkpoint again... not that I haven't done that many times. :unsure:

I just looked to verify what I remembered, here's a nice little link for all us smokers showing which airports do allow it: http://www.travelpost.com/airport-smoking-lounges.aspx

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)