Packet 3 Supplemental information sheet

Dear all

I am a CR-1. My wife is filling out the Packet 3 supplemental information sheet to mail with the DS-230, etc to the NVC.

The form seems pretty crude. Does she just write in the information (it doesn't seem they leave much space for the address, etc.) or do we attach another piece of paper??

Also, it seems from reviewing this site that older versions of the form required a telephonic code for chinese characters. (as q. #4 out of the 6 asked). But Rev: 09/2008 only has 5 questions and it seems they have deleted the one regarding the telephonic code. So does that mean they dont need it anymore?

Thank you

Mike

Thanks all for taking the time to understand my question

This form is called "US Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental information Form" When you go through the immigrantvisas.state.gov website, and look at special requirements for each consulate and hit GUZ, this is the form that pops up.

My question is, how do you fill this form out? Just write it in? Because there seems to be no space to do so.

PS: According to the NVC, if filing a DS-230 with them for a CR-1, a OF-169 is not necessary. (THis is not a K Visa)

Thanks again

Always

Mike

the "supplemental" is not longer accepted by GUZ over 2 years ago... NVC keeps sending it out since other consulates might still need it.

When I paid online for (packet 3), I told to print out the supplemental and have my wife fill it out in chinese. To save the expense, I went to a Chinese resturant and i knew the lady who owned it and asked her to fill out the form for me. She gladly did so and I gave her a really nice tip which she didn't ask for.

Thanks all for taking the time to understand my question

This form is called "US Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental information Form" When you go through the immigrantvisas.state.gov website, and look at special requirements for each consulate and hit GUZ, this is the form that pops up.

My question is, how do you fill this form out? Just write it in? Because there seems to be no space to do so.

PS: According to the NVC, if filing a DS-230 with them for a CR-1, a OF-169 is not necessary. (THis is not a K Visa)

Thanks again

Always

Mike

I had the same problem.My son transfered PDF into WORD and then I had enough space to fill out.

Amanda

the "supplemental" is not longer accepted by GUZ over 2 years ago... NVC keeps sending it out since other consulates might still need it.

Hullo David - this is one of those 'forms' that you and I have had words over - good luck !

Dear all

I am a CR-1. My wife is filling out the Packet 3 supplemental information sheet to mail with the DS-230, etc to the NVC.

The form seems pretty crude. Does she just write in the information (it doesn't seem they leave much space for the address, etc.) or do we attach another piece of paper??

Also, it seems from reviewing this site that older versions of the form required a telephonic code for chinese characters. (as q. #4 out of the 6 asked). But Rev: 09/2008 only has 5 questions and it seems they have deleted the one regarding the telephonic code. So does that mean they dont need it anymore?

Thank you

Mike

Heya Mike - I hate this form in toto - but here's what I did for it -

I took it to a copy machine, did a 143 percent blowup on it, then

had some paper-based 'copy/paste' action going on. ie - for her address, i had a scan of her hand-written address - so I printed that out on a new sheet o paper, cut it out of the paper, used glue to paste it into this form.

ayaycapino,

my wife is cr-1 and we are waiting for the p4 from GZ. you can check my timeline. i used the WORD program and created a document and attached it to the supplement information sheet. the document has 2 tables, one in chinese and one in english. the table has 2 columns, one for question and one for answers. if you need help, please feel free to do so.

GUZ came on the website 3 years ago and told we... THEY DON'T WANT IT !

Wait your time with it as you want...

David I think the deal is that the NVC asks for it. I understand what you are saying but the NVC reminds us that incomplete remittance of documents can cause delays in cases. Whether GZ requires it or not, people feel more safe by sending it to the NVC.

GUZ came on the website 3 years ago and told we... THEY DON'T WANT IT !

Wait your time with it as you want...

David I think the deal is that the NVC asks for it. I understand what you are saying but the NVC reminds us that incomplete remittance of documents can cause delays in cases. Whether GZ requires it or not, people feel more safe by sending it to the NVC.

I think both are right... NVC asks for it and as Charles says, you don't want a delay because you didn't provide it... My wife fill out a ems for long ago and i sent it to me and I returned it along with the Packet 3 because lao po insisted i do it... the 001 ladies told her it was the thing to do..... the 001 ladies are never wrong :P :) :blink: