If China were more like America...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not forcing there people to murder there unborn kids for the sake of a policy.

Maybe first they should learn how to reduce their birth rate so that they will not very soon hit 1.5 billion in a country with about as much usable land as the US. ;)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not forcing there people to murder there unborn kids for the sake of a policy.

Maybe first they should learn how to reduce their birth rate so that they will not very soon hit 1.5 billion in a country with about as much usable land as the US. :mbounce:

An expensive urban lifestyle with small apartment living has proven to be the best control worldwide. China has many laws to prevent infanticide. It may not be any more common than in the USA.

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things like, making all of there toilets like we have here instead of a hole in the ground.

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, being happy with what we have.

I like China being China...I find the booger pickin', spittin' large "clams" and blowin' of one's nose on the sidewalk and on marble floors in nice resturants to be quite hilarious and right at home. No worries from me when I wait for a stall in a men's room and some guy who just showed up quickly steals the stall from me or some old woman pushes me out of the way to get to the bank window (with no one behind her). :mobrun:

China is China in my book and they just need to keep on being Chinese...no need to change. If westerners don't like what they see in China...then just go to dern Disneyland...again.

Change in america the great. Well, it would be nice to see a person in the oval office who at least knew how to run a "small" business. :huh: If I had run my "small" business like the country is run, I would never have had to pay Uncle Sugar $75,000 in taxes in 2003, instead, I would probably have LOST $150,000. :)

I wouldn't change nuthin' in Chinatucky...if'n things in China had been more westernized, the lil' rabbit wouldn't have been seekin' an american man and I wouldn't have met her.

I learned long ago, in the jungles of Cambodia and Vietnam, the white boy and the american way, can be very deadly dangerous, especially when they think God is behind their illegal white hat actions. :lol:

Chinatucky is unique to itself as amurica is unique to it's own self, let em' be. :lol:

tsap seui

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things like, making all of there toilets like we have here instead of a hole in the ground.

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, being happy with what we have.

Most of the world uses squatters.

Given the ongoing cyclical debate about bringing Western methods and ideology, or however it's done in the West to China, I thought it might be interesting to see how our members complete the following sentence.

Please try to confine your response to no more than a short sentence or two. Here's the question:

"China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things, like:"

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not letting people drive on the sidewalk.

Then, just to be fair, America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like:

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, keeping their nose out of other countries politics and taking care of their own people....

China needs to learn more about western ways of doing things like, opening much need good driving schools! And more Western Toilets! I know that was said BUT that one is important.

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, (did somebody say anything about eating more fruit and vegetables) if not I said it. And EDUCATION!! Chinese are dedicated.

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things, like: becoming innovators, rather than relying on Western technology.

Then, just to be fair, America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like: doing away with the social safety nets, entitlements, and predatory lawyers.

China needs to learn more western ways of doing things like not chewing their food with mouths wide open like a cow chewing cud and spitting bones and nasty bits right on the dern table. I mean.... gerrr-oss! My mama woulda swatted me cross-eyed if I had ate like that when I was 4!

America needs to learn more eastern ways of doing things like eating more vegetables, fruits, fish, and more healthily prepared foods instead of bacon double cheeseburgers and quadruple big-gulps of fizzy sugar water before we become a nation of Jabba the Hutt look alike contestants... oh wait... too late maybe. :partytime2:

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

China needs to learn more western ways of doing things like not chewing their food with mouths wide open like a cow chewing cud and spitting bones and nasty bits right on the dern table. I mean.... gerrr-oss! My mama woulda swatted me cross-eyed if I had ate like that when I was 4!

America needs to learn more eastern ways of doing things like eating more vegetables, fruits, fish, and more healthily prepared foods instead of bacon double cheeseburgers and quadruple big-gulps of fizzy sugar water before we become a nation of Jabba the Hutt look alike contestants... oh wait... too late maybe. :eyebrow:

:partytime2: :happydance: :cheering:

I would settle for toilet paper in the stall.

Americans should learn more eastern ways of doing things, like exhibiting courteous and politeness when handling with people from other countries, insteading of being arrogant, ignorant( I dont mean all, but some people tend to always use very unnice words relating about China, and I mean those people)...

China should learn more western ways of doing things, like collecting more income taxes from people to spend on scientific researches like "global warming" :(

Edited by lilac6451 (see edit history)

Well ALMOST everybody was able to keep it balanced and in the spirit of the OP. :(

Sighing right along with you, Dave.

Hey, Lilac... do you have ANYTHING you think China could benefit from doing like the west (even something trivial), that isn't just a sideways comment about something else you don't like about America? If not that's cool and all (I happen to agree with your quip), but everyone else kept it on topic and pretty light-hearted. No fair to get two don't-likes in one post :P

I like China being China...I find the booger pickin', spittin' large "clams" and blowin' of one's nose on the sidewalk and on marble floors in nice resturants to be quite hilarious and right at home. No worries from me when I wait for a stall in a men's room and some guy who just showed up quickly steals the stall from me or some old woman pushes me out of the way to get to the bank window (with no one behind her). :Dah:

China is China in my book and they just need to keep on being Chinese...no need to change. If westerners don't like what they see in China...then just go to dern Disneyland...again.

Change in america the great. Well, it would be nice to see a person in the oval office who at least knew how to run a "small" business. :( If I had run my "small" business like the country is run, I would never have had to pay Uncle Sugar $75,000 in taxes in 2003, instead, I would probably have LOST $150,000. :D

I wouldn't change nuthin' in Chinatucky...if'n things in China had been more westernized, the lil' rabbit wouldn't have been seekin' an american man and I wouldn't have met her.

I learned long ago, in the jungles of Cambodia and Vietnam, the white boy and the american way, can be very deadly dangerous, especially when they think God is behind their illegal white hat actions. :(

Chinatucky is unique to itself as amurica is unique to it's own self, let em' be. :P

tsap seui

Spoken like nobody else could. :D

I'm sure glad your back Tsapper.