If China were more like America...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Given the ongoing cyclical debate about bringing Western methods and ideology, or however it's done in the West to China, I thought it might be interesting to see how our members complete the following sentence.

Please try to confine your response to no more than a short sentence or two. Here's the question:

"China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things, like:"

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not letting people drive on the sidewalk.

Then, just to be fair, America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like:

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, keeping their nose out of other countries politics and taking care of their own people....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the ongoing cyclical debate about bringing Western methods and ideology, or however it's done in the West to China, I thought it might be interesting to see how our members complete the following sentence.

Please try to confine your response to no more than a short sentence or two. Here's the question:

"China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things, like:"

China needs to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not letting people drive on the sidewalk.

Then, just to be fair, America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like:

America needs to learn more Chinese ways of doing things like, keeping their nose out of other countries politics and taking care of their own people....

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, including the s trap in plumbing to create a liquid block to rising sewer odors.

Americans need to learn more ways of doing things like wasting less such as carrying collapsable utensils to reduce waste

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, not forcing there people to murder there unborn kids for the sake of a policy.

Americans need to learn more China ways of doing things like, haggeling and making there kids study more, better education.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, including the s trap in plumbing to create a liquid block to rising sewer odors.

Americans need to learn more ways of doing things like wasting less such as carrying collapsable utensils to reduce waste

Man, don't you know it. Seems like a very simple and effective idea; I mean putting an s-curve in the pipe to keep the sewer gas from coming in. We often keep our bathroom window open....

:cheering:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, what good coffee is!

Americans need to learn more China ways of doing things like, having respect for their elderly.

I truly 2nd that thought!

Tired of Americans shoving there parents in old folks homes. I was taught they take care of you when your young and you take care of them when there old. That¡¯s the way life is SUPPOSED to work, we are such a throw away society, well I draw the line at throwing away family. Good post!

China, can learn a bit of pedestrian right of way (sorry I'm from Portland) **EDIT** Lao Po doesn't agree, because there are many many Chinese compared to america walking around, so I nix what I said and change it to " China, can learn a bit of pedestrian right of way for Lao Wai"

America, can learn to relax and enjoy family life instead of neglecting it for work

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

China could learn from America: How to form AND maintain a damn queue!

America could learn from China: How to treat our elderly has already been taken. So I'll suggest that we could learn from China how to treat food as healthful nourishment and something to be savored rather than something that's snagged out of a window on any street corner and wolfed down on the way to our next destination.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Chinese need to learn more Western ways of doing things like, fines for spitting and throwing trashes in streets.

Americans need to learn more China ways of doing things like, harsh punishment for serious crimes.

So true on this one Tony. Last night, we were taking a cab and enjoying the ride, when all of a sudden the driver starts hocking up a nice big juicy one. After he got all the green blow back he could, he rolled down his window and blew it out. He immediately began working on round two, then three...

:D :)