NEXT TRIP TO NANNING

Hey all! I plan on going back to Nanning in May, and would like to book my flight ASAP. I would like to stay for 2 months, but I remember seeing that a Chinese visitors Visa is for 30 days. Would I be able to stay for 2 months? I need to find out if I can get a Visa for that long of time before I book the flight.

Also, is it still required to show proof of round trip flight in order to apply for the Chinese visa?

Can anyone help me?

Guest Dylan W

Hey all! I plan on going back to Nanning in May, and would like to book my flight ASAP. I would like to stay for 2 months, but I remember seeing that a Chinese visitors Visa is for 30 days. Would I be able to stay for 2 months? I need to find out if I can get a Visa for that long of time before I book the flight.

Also, is it still required to show proof of round trip flight in order to apply for the Chinese visa?

Can anyone help me?

Max duration on my "L" visa is 60 days... that's 2 months. :unsure:

My most recent travel visa was one year multiple entry, with 90 day limits.

The 90 day visas are more readily available now, but you must request.

Most typical (the norm) now are the 60 day versions.

According to my visa agent, they have relaxed the previous tight rules, e.g., hotel or flight reservations, since the end of the Olympic period.

Number of Entries..Multiple

Validity Duration of stay..60 to 90 days

Regular processing time..4 days

Consular fee..$130

Fees Our Service..$39

Fees FedEx Return..$21

Fees Your Total..$190

I used to think if it was your first visit, then you'd only have 30 days.

But there's been some 60 day durations given out this last year for 1 year visas.

I've got to get new visa this week, so I'm paying attention to this as well. My last 1 year visa had 60 day durations on it. When you apply, ask for 60 or 90 day duration, be specific (I'm visiting my fiancee) .

One year ago, the last time that I applied for a visa, I got the 90 day multiple entry good for one year. Same price as the 60 day multiple entry.

My wife got her 90 day multiple entry visa good for two years because she was a Chinese national, now an American Citizen.

I could only get the 90 day multiple entry visa good for one year. The next time that I apply I can get the 90 day multiple entry good for 2 years too.

Larry

It seems that some visa services don't know all they should about the process. Last time my wife checked with several before she found one that was very competent and knew about this issue. My wife found this information out from the web.

Amazing that some of the visa service did not know that a 90 day multiple entry good for two years was available. Some knew about it but could not do it.

Larry

I used to think if it was your first visit, then you'd only have 30 days.

But there's been some 60 day durations given out this last year for 1 year visas.

I've got to get new visa this week, so I'm paying attention to this as well. My last 1 year visa had 60 day durations on it. When you apply, ask for 60 or 90 day duration, be specific (I'm visiting my fiancee) .

I was actually considering staying there for 90 days, so that is good to know. My concern is that I will book a flight that will have me returning in 90 days and then they will not approve the Visa for that long. Then....I would be up the *$#@ creek without a paddle. :mf_sleep:

We recently got visas (I'm in Nanning now). The visa agency we used told me that the San Francisco consulate doesn't like to give out visas for more than 30 days and suggested we go through the DC consulate. We both got multiple entry visas for 60 day durations. My wife's visa is good for two years and mine is good though August since my passport expires this November. Wifey tells me you can get them renewed through the police station but if all else fails you could go to Hong Kong then re-enter. I included a note explaining why we needed multiple entry visas. If you have been to China before the odds are good they will grant one. Probably not for more than 60 day durations though.

...I need to find out if I can get a Visa for that long of time before I book the flight. Also, is it still required to show proof of round trip flight in order to apply for the Chinese visa?...

I wish I had known you can request the length of stay....
A review of the link Mikexiao gave shows the visa service is, in fact, still requesting this:

"ITINERARY Should be on Travel Agency or Airline stationery. E-Tickets are usually accepted.

One itinerary is required for each applicant.

Must show departure from the USA and entry/departure to and from the destination country(s)

Copies of faxes or emails are usually accepted

Tour brochures are usually not accepted

Do not write notes on the itinerary before sending."

As for requesting the duration, I consider the following two sections on the application:

1st- Section 2.2 'Intended number of entries.' I always request multiple.

2nd- Section 2.4 "Longest Intended Stay.' Well, put down what you want....

Gosh, the trouble is, it sounds like you still need tickets or itinerary prior to Visa application submission. So, purchase fully refundable tickets. Get your 90 day itinerary or e-ticket, get your visa, cancel the trip and rebook with your discount fare. Or, if time and price is of the essence, book two trips at once- one of them fully refundable.

A flight itinerary is not required anymore, at least for the Washington, DC consulate. Try emailing the consulate you will be going through and asking them.

When I applied for my first multiple entry visa last year, I put 14 days as my longest intended stay, and they gave me 60 days. It was only after I had the visa that I decided to make a long visit.

it's possible to get a single entry visa with a duration of 180 days, but, you have to ask for it.

http://houston.china-consulate.org/eng/faqs/

The instructions on the visa do allow you to put in '60' or '90' days, i strongly suggest you put in, also, that you are going to visit your fiance and put her name/address/phone number in the application.

Hmmm.....thanks for all the input everyone. But, I am still not sure what to do. I guess I will book the trip, then apply for a 90 day I guess. I will specifically request a 90 day stay and probably submit a letter of invitation from my fiancee with the visa application.

I plan on booking the trip through an online agency and am not sure if they have a refund policy. I just don't want to lose a bunch of money, especially after having to pay the $585 to the USCIS to reopen my case because they screwed up.

I guess I will try to contact the Chinese Consulate in Chicago and ask them about it.

Nevermind all......I guess I should have checked the Consulate in Chicago's website more thoroughly. :blink: Hey.....give me a break....I am a natural blonde. ;)

From Consulate in Chicago:

Tourist Visa

(L Visa)

For sightseeing, visiting family or friends

US citizens may apply for a Single-entry (valid for 3-6 months from the date of issuance), a Double-entry (valid for 6 months from the date of issuance) or a Multiple-entry (valid for 6 or 12 months from the date of issuance) L visa as needed. The duration of stay of L visa is normally 90 days, which means the holder of the visa may stay in China for up to 90 days from the date of entry.