Denial Part 2

I finally got to see this blue slip last night and here is the situation. I make enough combined income, (taxable and non taxable) but do not make enough taxable income to allow Ling a visa. So now I need a co sponsor and 3 years of their tax records along with a letter and the I-864. It did not seem to matter I have a good savings, 401 K and mutual funds and a few assets. The VO said I had not enough taxable income... and that is end of story. Comply or get off the bus.. I love my Ling so.... I will comply. Embarassing though to ask somebody for help.

So .. if anybody is in a similar situation get more taxable income or arrange co-sponsor before your loved one goes to interview.. Or??? any other suggestions?

One question.. If I went to China to be with Ling while we wait for this.. how can I get a visa that will allow me to stay for more than 30 days??

I hope you all are enjoying the time of year? Happy New year to all my Chinese friends.. Later, Jim

Edited by jimu07 (see edit history)

I am a student so i dont have enough "taxable income " either i am having to use a co-sponsor i am right there with you ....and as for the visa my visa i got is a 1 year multiple entry visa and it says 60 day maximum stay per visit but is multiple entry so i have used it 3 times already last year and have till april to use it again that is what i plan to get when i renew or get another visa it has worked really good i went 3 weeks the first trip then 2 weeks anad then 17 days all on the same visa... good luck on the co-sponsor let me know what you find with that i am gonna need to be finding someone soon ...

if it were me... I'd get to the bottom of the request for an I-864... something just seems wrong since 9FAM prohibits it for a fiancee. I found the source, underline added:

If any of the following applicants need an Affidavit of Support to meet the

public charge requirement, they must use Form I-134, as they are not

authorized to use Form I-864:

(1) The self-petitioning spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen, and any

children there from (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(ii));

(2) The self-petitioning spouse of a U.S. citizen, and any children there

from, who has been battered by or subjected to extreme cruelty

perpetrated by the spouse (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(iii) and (iv));

(3) Returning resident aliens;

(4) Diversity visa applicants; and

(5) Fianc¨¦(e)s.

if it were me... I'd get to the bottom of the request for an I-864... something just seems wrong since 9FAM prohibits it for a fiancee. I found the source, underline added:

If any of the following applicants need an Affidavit of Support to meet the

public charge requirement, they must use Form I-134, as they are not

authorized to use Form I-864:

(1) The self-petitioning spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen, and any

children there from (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(ii));

(2) The self-petitioning spouse of a U.S. citizen, and any children there

from, who has been battered by or subjected to extreme cruelty

perpetrated by the spouse (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(iii) and (iv));

(3) Returning resident aliens;

(4) Diversity visa applicants; and

(5) Fianc¨¦(e)s.

Before you talk him out of a visa, you may want to tell him what section you are quoting.

I would find it hard to believe that this section is telling him to NOT submit what the VO is asking for, especially since he has submitted an I-134

Hello again.. Thanks to those of you who give me positive support and understanding. I believe this is BS too, but I also feel I have to do as told or this could become more difficult. It is the VO's personal call. My son has agreed to co-sponsor. He has a good career and is a good person. Was difficult for Dad to have to ask for a favor like this..

If the VO wants I-864, I will fill it out and give it to her. Sometimes we just have to bite our tongues and smile in life..There is a passage in the I-Ching which says"Retreat to Progress" I just want to be with my Ling...They know they have the upper hand.. and so do I.

Thinking about going to Liuzhou if i can stay there for more than one month somehow.. Warm greetings to All!! Jim