Hong Kong Visa for Wife

Hello All,

Since I was in a rush got marry so we did not get to spend much time with my wife. Now that I am out of work (layoff) I am going to take her back to southeast asia but my question is when returning can we enter hong kong with just a Chinese passport?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Guest Rob & Jin

she needs a HK pass from her local PSB

If we are transfering only and not enter HK then we dont' need one correct?

Thanks

Joe

correct, as long as she has a valid visa for the country of destination and a plane ticket.

She absolutely does not need a Hong Kong visa if she is entering via the United States. However, her stay will be limited to seven days using a PRC passport (compared to 90 days for US passport holders). When entering HK via China however, she will need a visa unless she has the proper documentation (plane tickets to US, green card) that proves she is just passing through. To extend her stay in HK, she must either visit the Chinese embassy in the United States to obtain an extended visa for HK or visit her local PSB in China to obtain a tourist visa for HK.

Edited by Barey Jones (see edit history)

Sorry, I be confused a bit.

You want to trip with her in SE Asia (not china, not HKG) then return via hkg, yes? ie - off to thailand, come to hkg, go to malaysia, come to hkg, off to indonesia, come to hkg, etc etc...

Sorry, I be confused a bit.

You want to trip with her in SE Asia (not china, not HKG) then return via hkg, yes? ie - off to thailand, come to hkg, go to malaysia, come to hkg, off to indonesia, come to hkg, etc etc...

Hello Darnell,

That was the plan. I will be heading to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam and then return to HK. From there I know I can fly into China from HK but cannot take bus into China from Hong Kong Airport because she doesn't have a HK visa. We were suppose to visit family in Shenzhen so it sound funny flying from HK to Shenzhen when I can take a bus. Let see what happen then.

Joe

I'm sorry, I wish I knew the exact answer. But - you know who does? A CHINESE TRAVEL AGENT! Suggest to your wife that she contact a Chinese Travel Agent in her town, and ask.

... I am going to take her back to southeast asia ...

she needs a HK pass from her local PSB
If we are transfering only and not enter HK then we dont' need one correct?
correct, as long as she has a valid visa for the country of destination and a plane ticket.
Sorry, I be confused a bit...
I will be heading to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam and then return to HK. ...

Confused? Me too. '...Take her back to SE Asia...'

From China, right? "..and then return to HK" ??? By return, you mean end up there, not going back there, right? HK is not the final destination, Shenzhen is?

Maybe I get it. She is in China. You guys will fly out of China on your trip and you want to return to Shenzhen via HK? Wow. Doesn't she need a visa for each country you want to visit? By Then each visa is already used up. You've entered and exited. You probably need the HK pass for transit through HK.

And, that's what Rob said.

Love to learn the bottom line....

yes to get visa to Thailand etc thats seperate thing .HK pass if she get bus, ferry, train to cross border from china into hk or other way. if she fly and never leave international terminal then no need as long as she has return ticket and visa to that country.

yes to get visa to Thailand etc thats seperate thing .HK pass if she get bus, ferry, train to cross border from china into hk or other way. if she fly and never leave international terminal then no need as long as she has return ticket and visa to that country.

Hello Jin,

Thanks, Got all the other visa need but now seens like she need to go back to home town to get the HK pass. Is there any easier way to get HK Pass? She live in Hainan.

Joe