Anything need to know when submitting pictures as evidence

Hi,

I am wondering how people usually do when they submit their pictures with their spouse...do pictures need to have date stamp? or write some description/comments about that picture? I want to do it right at the first time. Thank you very much.

Ricky

Well, a date stamp is good as it removes doubt as to when the photo is taken. We arraigned ours in a photo album with a brief notation as to who is in the photo and (if no date stamp) when it was taken.

Well, a date stamp is good as it removes doubt as to when the photo is taken. We arraigned ours in a photo album with a brief notation as to who is in the photo and (if no date stamp) when it was taken.

Same. We had stickers in the photo album. Then figured out the album was too big for the slot to give it to the interviewer. :rolleyes: So then we bought a small book, reprinted the pictures and stuck tiny sticky notes inside with just the month/year and names of the people in the pictures if there were more than 2 of us.

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)

Hey i am using a Lawyer to process my paperwork and their instructions on the pictures was to on the back of the pictures write who is in the picture if there is anyone other than you and your so or fiancee and to write the date and where it was taken

....ex at the park,or at dinner 10/14/04 Guangzhou china

Edited by areynolds (see edit history)

Hey i am using a Lawyer to process my paperwork and their instructions on the pictures was to on the back of the pictures write who is in the picture if there is anyone other than you and your so or fiancee and to write the date and where it was taken

....ex at the park,or at dinner 10/14/04 Guangzhou china

Very good idea! :rolleyes:

I printed out 8.5 X 11 glossy prints on my home PC/printer. I used the photo software to print clearly and directly on each photo, the date taken, the location/event and who was in each photo in addition to myself and Lao Po.

As I have reported a few times previously, I front-loaded multiple photos with both of my case files (I-130 and I-129F) so I was sure that all along the review path would have access to them.

I also put together an updated (visits since the filing dates) photo album of similar 8.5 X11's for her use at the interview. I broke the photos into two 1" flexible binders, so they would fit through the narrow gap in the interview window. I labeled each binder with the visit dates.

The VO commented favorably on the photos to my wife. When I picked up our visas two days later, GUZ had included all of the original photos from my previously I-129F, along in the envelope with the visas. So I know they made it all the way from the CSC on to the NVC and then to Guangzhou.

Hi,

I am wondering how people usually do when they submit their pictures with their spouse...do pictures need to have date stamp? or write some description/comments about that picture? I want to do it right at the first time. Thank you very much.

Ricky

pictures of smiling faces!!!! if your wife or girlfriend has a daughter that looks 15 but is actually 22,bring a birth certificate of the daughter.My wifes daughter looks 15,but is 22,the VO only looked at a few of our pictures and spent 90 % of my wifes interview dwelling on one photo,that of me my wife,and my step daughter on a boat going down the Yangtze river,the VO asked my wife how old is your daughter and why we were not petitioning her,my wife said,she is 22 years old,the VO called her a liar,said shes no more than 15,unforunately my wife did not get the opportunity to prove my step daughters age (birth certificate).The moral to my story is remember the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words".Make sure the picture is saying what you want it to say.

jimi

Hey Rick,

Welcome to CFL!

We did like others have mentioned, lots of photos with family, friends, at home, traveling ... etc. and organized them accordingly in small flexible photo albums notated with dates and locations ;) ... about 200 pictures total in six albums ... all for naught as the VO never asked to see our pictures :blink:

I think the reason this may have happened is because we did like Roger and front loaded our original petition package with about a dozen of our best pictures. Haiqing noticed during the interview that the VO looked at those original pictures and never asked to see any others! :D

I think it's a good idea to include some candid pictures of the two of you fooling around and having fun together ... I think non-posed pictures show a deeper level of intimacy so we included some in our original petition package ... I guess it worked :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Bob

I used 3 photos to front load my petition. I wrote on the back of the photo where it was taken and date along with a notation about the photo. we were in a photo with her aunt and uncle in Beijing in one. A photo of some friends that we visited in Beijing at their home. This one Yan was asked about during the interview. She said she could not recall their names (the wife was from south africa).I had gone into detail about this meeting when I front loaded the petition. Yan passed the interview . The last photo was with Yan and I and her parents in ChengDu. She was not asked for any other photos at the interview.

Lot's of pictures with her family. And take her a Cubs shirt and take some pics with her wearing it. Worked for us. ;)

Good luck!

Cubs may be the only team that is universally sympathized and therefore applicable in this situation. I would hate to have my SO wear a Yankee's shirt and run into a VO who is a Red Socks fan...

Same. We had stickers in the photo album. Then figured out the album was too big for the slot to give it to the interviewer. :lol: So then we bought a small book, reprinted the pictures and stuck tiny sticky notes inside with just the month/year and names of the people in the pictures if there were more than 2 of us.

Batmaniac, can you describe the slot you are referring to ? This is the first I heard of it. I have been spending a lot of time on a 17 inch x 12 inch hardbound binder in hopes this could be handed to the VO.

Thanks for the help.

JH.