Denied in december

Hi, my fiancee is Chinese even though she was born and lives in Vietnam. She lives in a Chinese neighborhood and her family only speaks Cantonise. She was denied her K1 visa because I only visited her 1 time. The less you visit the better your fiancee's English has to be to pass, so her anwsers to the questions werent fluent enough. I didn't find this out until afterwords otherwise I would have moved heaven and earth to travel there more I just believed what the attorny told me that I could hold off on the trip until she got the visa because it was 100% in the bag. We were denied with a 221 g bonafide however the k1 visa expired and I was told by my senators case worker I could refile. She had a consult with a well known attorny in Ho Chi Minh that suggested we marry and file a K3 and that is what I plan to do provided I can get the time off to do it.

Our love is true and pure we talk everyday however I do worry about several things because Ho Chi Minh has a high denial rate. I plan to travel there 6 months after the wedding for 2 weeks and again for the interview. I could travel there an extra time if I was only going to stay for 1 week instead of 2. Will the frequency of the trips help since her english will still not be fluent or will she have to be perfect since it is a k3 interview not a k1? I have seen others get denied after upgrading there visa's to a K3 and worry because the husband and wife are both Asian and fluently speak the same language so if they cannot pass I fear for us even more.We were told by a Vietnam lawyer friend of hers before we started to do the K1 instead of the K3 because of her Enlgish. I have googled several k3 interview questions on the internet and my fiancee can give those anwsers just fine but with some language imperfections.Despite us not being fluent in a common language and I know a big part is not the anwsers but its how she anwsers them and the person doing the interview. Do they expect us to know each other as they would if I lived with her after we got married or do they take into consideration that we live appart? What should we do to give us the best chance of success? Should I quit my job and move to Vietnam for a year until she gets her interview? should we wait until she is fluent in English that might never happen unless she moves here? She told me most of the people coming out of the consulate with pink slips have a baby so she thinks that would be our best bet, I do want to have a baby with her but I don't want to do it over there. She met a person that was a translator with the consulate and for 3k has offered to go with her to the interview and translate for her and prepare her for the interview I do think that would help her get comfortable with the whole process but if the anwsers sound rehearst they could fail her because of that. Is there any big mistakes I need to be aware of like something I should do or something I should not do?

Thanks for any help you can provide

She met a person that was a translator with the consulate and for 3k has offered to go with her to the interview and translate for her and prepare her for the interview I'll suggest to you that this is a scam.

Lets see - if they are 'with the consulate' and if they are an 'employee with the consulate' - it's not legal for them to do this.

Tell her to ask for her consular ID, have a look.

She met a person that was a translator with the consulate and for 3k has offered to go with her to the interview and translate for her and prepare her for the interview I'll suggest to you that this is a scam.

Lets see - if they are 'with the consulate' and if they are an 'employee with the consulate' - it's not legal for them to do this.

Tell her to ask for her consular ID, have a look.

The person sent me an email from this website tuvanquocte.com

They said they were a migration assistant and an interpreter between the visa officer and the applicant.

Edited by Bryon_Tran (see edit history)

Welcome to Candle Bryon. Sorry to hear about your denial. I'm a little confused. Did your fiancee go through the consulate in Vietnam or Guangzhou?

She went threw her interview in Ho Chi Minh, she does speak Vietnamise but not fluent

Unfortunately, most everyone's experience here is with Guangzhou and the patterns and history of what that particular consulate has expected from the beneficiary and petitioner. So some of your questions as to what might help your chances may be a bit more difficult to answer since we don't have any experience with Ho Chi Minh's way of doing things.

But I would imagine that some things are logically universal, like more visits being better but not required and being able to demonstrate that the two of you can communicate with each other. Perhaps others would be willing to offer opinions on your other questions.

At any rate best of luck to both of you. :rolleyes:

Byron - ok - so she's not an employee at the consulate. Other than that, I've no interest in 'vetting' her - but you might ask for contact info for those other clients that she's successfully 'helped'.

Byron - ok - so she's not an employee at the consulate. Other than that, I've no interest in 'vetting' her - but you might ask for contact info for those other clients that she's successfully 'helped'.

Ok I will see if she has any references. She said that when the embassy needs a translator they use her and my fiancee could request her to be her translator. If anything my fiancee would be used to her asking her questions before her interview so she won't be nerveious

Hi, my fiancee is Chinese even though she was born and lives in Vietnam. She lives in a Chinese neighborhood and her family only speaks Cantonise. She was denied her K1 visa because I only visited her 1 time. The less you visit the better your fiancee's English has to be to pass, so her anwsers to the questions werent fluent enough. I didn't find this out until afterwords otherwise I would have moved heaven and earth to travel there more I just believed what the attorny told me that I could hold off on the trip until she got the visa because it was 100% in the bag. We were denied with a 221 g bonafide however the k1 visa expired and I was told by my senators case worker I could refile. She had a consult with a well known attorny in Ho Chi Minh that suggested we marry and file a K3 and that is what I plan to do provided I can get the time off to do it.

Our love is true and pure we talk everyday however I do worry about several things because Ho Chi Minh has a high denial rate. I plan to travel there 6 months after the wedding for 2 weeks and again for the interview. I could travel there an extra time if I was only going to stay for 1 week instead of 2. Will the frequency of the trips help since heenglish will still not be fluent or will she have to be perfect since it is a k3 interview not a k1? I have seen others get denied after upgrading there visa's to a K3 and worry because the husband and wife are both Asian and fluently speak the same language so if they cannot pass I fear for us even more.We were told by a Vietnam lawyer friend of hers before we started to do the K1 instead of the K3 because of her Enlgish. I have googled several k3 interview questions on the internet and my fiancee can give those anwsers just fine but with some language imperfections.Despite us not being fluent in a common language and I know a big part is not the anwsers but its how she anwsers them and the person doing the interview. Do they expect us to know each other as they would if I lived with her after we got married or do they take into consideration that we live appart? What should we do to give us the best chance of success? Should I quit my job and move to Vietnam for a year until she gets her interview? should we wait until she is fluent in English that might never happen unless she moves here? She told me most of the people coming out of the consulate with pink slips have a baby so she thinks

that would be our best bet, I do want to have a baby with her but I don't want to do it over there. She met a person that was a translator with the consulate and for 3k has offered to go with her to the interview and translate for her and prepare her for the interview I do think that would help her get comfortable with the whole process but if the anwsers sound rehearst they could fail her because of that. Is there any big mistakes I need to be aware of like something I should do or something I should not do?

http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/foru...hread.php?t=386

shows a process after denial.

Our love is true and pure we talk everyday however I do worry about several things because Ho Chi Minh has a high denial rate. I plan to travel there 6 months after the wedding for 2 weeks and again for the interview. I could travel there an extra time if I was only going to stay for 1 week instead of 2. Will the frequency of the trips help since her english will still not be fluent or will she have to be perfect since it is a k3 interview not a k1? I have seen others get denied after upgrading there visa's to a K3 and worry because the husband and wife are both Asian and fluently speak the same language so if they cannot pass I fear for us even more.We were told by a Vietnam lawyer friend of hers before we started to do the K1 instead of the K3 because of her Enlgish. I have googled several k3 interview questions on the internet and my fiancee can give those anwsers just fine but with some language imperfections.Despite us not being fluent in a common language and I know a big part is not the anwsers but its how she anwsers them and the person doing the interview. Do they expect us to know each other as they would if I lived with her after we got married or do they take into consideration that we live appart? What should we do to give us the best chance of success? Should I quit my job and move to Vietnam for a year until she gets her interview? should we wait until she is fluent in English that might never happen unless she moves here? She told me most of the people coming out of the consulate with pink slips have a baby so she thinks that would be our best bet, I do want to have a baby with her but I don't want to do it over there. She met a person that was a translator with the consulate and for 3k has offered to go with her to the interview and translate for her and prepare her for the interview I do think that would help her get comfortable with the whole process but if the anwsers sound rehearst they could fail her because of that. Is there any big mistakes I need to be aware of like something I should do or something I should not do?

Hi Bryon_Tran,

At some US Embassy in different countries,,The Petitioner was allowed to attend the interview...you should find out if in Vietnam

you would be allowed to attend the interview.

I would go with K3..so that you would have the I-130 to fall back on.

More visits, more pictures and of family.

"The less you visit the better your fiancee's English has to be to pass, so her anwsers to the questions werent fluent enough."

**I would not say that for sure...You are in a unique situation where for an interview she has to speak English because she can not speak Vietnamese.

I would check to see if you would be allowed to attend the interview..I have seen other people in certain countries being able to attend.

Tom and Ling

You should fill out a time line and give a history of how and when and how long you two have known each other.

Hi Bryon_Tran,

At some US Embassy in different countries,,The Petitioner was allowed to attend the interview...you should find out if in Vietnam

you would be allowed to attend the interview.

I would go with K3..so that you would have the I-130 to fall back on.

More visits, more pictures and of family.

"The less you visit the better your fiancee's English has to be to pass, so her anwsers to the questions werent fluent enough."

**I would not say that for sure...You are in a unique situation where for an interview she has to speak English because she can not speak Vietnamese.

I would check to see if you would be allowed to attend the interview..I have seen other people in certain countries being able to attend.

Tom and Ling

You should fill out a time line and give a history of how and when and how long you two have known each other.

I can't attend the interview at that consulate, I read the part about the trips at apexvisa.com and I don't know if its true or not. I'm not sure what you mean about being able to fall back on the I-130 as opposed to the cr1. How does that work if you don't mind me asking?

So bascially, if you want to file an I-130 after you two marry in Vietnam, you'll need to build up the relationship evidence pile, and I suggest you submit that with the I-130 petition. Reread the I-130 instructions, there's a section there on what is 'relationship evidence'.

This won't be a fast track to anything, except the 'wait' between NVC-sent-to-consulate time tick and 'consulate opens physical file time tick' is LESS than the duration we see here from NVC to GUZ (Since it's off to Vietnam).

But hei - that's the short version, and my advice is free. If you've got a lawyer in tow, take my words, present to him/her, see if what I've written makes sense to yer lawyer.

PS - an I-130 petition can successfully result in the issuance of a CR-1 Visa.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Bryon,

Sounds like your surrounding yourself with a number of good contacts and asking good questions.

I would recommend you start by talking directly to the lawyer in Ho Chi Minh, which I think is probably Marc Ellis.. others here will have his contact info.

While the two consulates may share some common concerns and issues to watch out for, you might as well talk directly to someone who probably knows them better than any one of us.

Particularly since you will venture down that road of refiling, you'll have to consider how to file and adequately cover the reasons for the first denial; Marc is still the man for doing this properly.

I would suggest your lady get some assistance too.... and less inclined to think you should move there... but again, let someone who knows better first advise you on an overall plan.

good luck and hope you stick around and share with us what's going on and we can certainly keep you informed on the parts which have to do with the US stages.

Bryon,

Sounds like your surrounding yourself with a number of good contacts and asking good questions.

I would recommend you start by talking directly to the lawyer in Ho Chi Minh, which I think is probably Marc Ellis.. others here will have his contact info.

While the two consulates may share some common concerns and issues to watch out for, you might as well talk directly to someone who probably knows them better than any one of us.

Particularly since you will venture down that road of refiling, you'll have to consider how to file and adequately cover the reasons for the first denial; Marc is still the man for doing this properly.

I would suggest your lady get some assistance too.... and less inclined to think you should move there... but again, let someone who knows better first advise you on an overall plan.

good luck and hope you stick around and share with us what's going on and we can certainly keep you informed on the parts which have to do with the US stages.

Thanks,

I did find visajouney.com first and sombody on there told me the hardest place to get a visa was Ho Chi Minh but after reading everybody's posts I would say its harder to get a visa at Guangzhou. I feel more comfortable here because most people are going threw the same thing that I am.

Since my fiancee is fluent in Cantonese not Vietnamise Guangzhou might have been better for us.

Ho Chi Minh didn't like our proof thats why we were blue sheeted first. We had phone records, emails, letters, receipts of money sent, gifts, 10 picuteres of us together and screen prints from yahoo messinger. When I submitted more of the same evedince they sent our visa petition back. So now when we file again we will have a marriage certificate and more of the same evedince they denied us for so i'm not to optimistic they will pass us. Thats why I was thinking of moving there and if I did I would keep posting on the web

I was going to get a cell phone and text her 250 times a month but she told me she has to pay for text messages I'm not sure I understand that. I don't know what other evedince we can give.