Bank to Bank Wire?

My GF needs a little help this month and I want to transfer some money to her. I would like to do a bank to bank wire and this is the info she provided me with.

A block number that is 16 digit (numbers), I do not know if this is the routing number or not.

An account number that is just her name.

A bank name of China Merchants Bank h. o, Shenzhen

A code that is 8 digits (letters).

Is this normal type account info for Chinese bank accounts?

And what is the "h. o," for? Maybe a typo on her part? I always thought it was for high output. :huh:

Start on the other end of the dog. Find out which bank will transfer to that bank. Then get one of their wire transfer forms. The form and the sending bank worker can tell you exactly what you need.

Yes, I've sent wires. No, I don't recall specific routing#, swift#, acct# or any other acronymed requirements. It'll all be on the form. Any wire I've ever sent required a signed in-person or notarized form.

I agree about using your local supermarket Western Union for amounts less than 5 digits which you only send occasionally. Don't use the internet WU, cost is (was) outrageous.

xoom.com is bank to bank and cheaper than Western Union.

Thanks! Have you ever used xoom? I really like the way xoom looks. Is the money deposited direct to her account? What do you think of the account info she provided me with? Is it normal for an account number to be her name? What of the block number and code? I have asked her twice and this is what she gives me and it is very different from anything I have seen in the USA.

My GF needs a little help this month and I want to transfer some money to her. I would like to do a bank to bank wire and this is the info she provided me with.

A block number that is 16 digit (numbers), I do not know if this is the routing number or not. that is a swift code

A bank name of China Merchants Bank h. o, Shenzhen h.o. = home office

A code that is 8 digits (letters). account number

And what is the "h. o," for? Maybe a typo on her part? I always thought it was for high output. :lol:

comments inline, in bold. i might have the swift code and account code backwards. you should be able to look up the swift code for China Merchants Bank, match it, then use the other set o numbers for the account number.

A block number that is 16 digit (numbers), I do not know if this is the routing number or not. that is a swift code

A bank name of China Merchants Bank h. o, Shenzhen h.o. = home office

A code that is 8 digits (letters). account number

And what is the "h. o," for? Maybe a typo on her part? I always thought it was for high output. :lol:

comments inline, in bold. i might have the swift code and account code backwards. you should be able to look up the swift code for China Merchants Bank, match it, then use the other set o numbers for the account number.

Okay I got it figured out now. Thanks :roller: Swift code is the 8 letters.

Ya, I just looked it up too - the letters codegroup is the swift code - see http://english.cmbchina.com/corporate+busi...tle/settle1.htm for more info.

Good Luck ! Warmest Regards...

Thanks! Have you ever used xoom? I really like the way xoom looks. Is the money deposited direct to her account? What do you think of the account info she provided me with? Is it normal for an account number to be her name? What of the block number and code? I have asked her twice and this is what she gives me and it is very different from anything I have seen in the USA.

With XOOM you are limited to $2,999.00... ;)

Mark - if a 'little help' is under 2999.99, then making a western union wire might make more sense. It's instant, only costs 14 bux at a retail counter (the online portal charges much more) and she'll have the money in minutes.

Usually a bank wire costs you between 20 to 55 bucks, depending on the bank, and will take 2 to 4 days to show up in her account.

My little gift of 300.00 comes in way under that so no problem. I will talk with her about the time frame and if she can wait a few then I will go xoom.

I think it will be important that she has it before she returns home for the Spring Festival. B)

When we send money, we always use Western Union. It is cheaper and have never had a problem. I tried the bank transfer early in the relationship, and that failed. Don't know about xoom.

I just opened a WaMu Free, Online Checking Account complete with free International transfers!

WaMu

I have used xoom quite a bit. You only need to give her bank name, account number, phone number, and address. The first time you send the money they will call her at the number you provide. It takes about 6 days for the money to arrive at her bank. It is very easy and safe.