Pins and needles

Guest Dylan W

sorry for the blue, but should be a simple overcome.

as Dylan said 3 years of taxes is best.

good luck

I found it in DavidZ's post...

C. Financial documents:

a. Two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with supporting financial documents including

i. 3 years of tax records reflecting (Form 1040 and W2s – guideline is income 125% of the poverty level)

ii. letter from employer regarding current employment and wage/salary)

iii. if your income is less than 125% of poverty level, bring copies of bank statements/ stock/bonds, etc.

b. If using a joint sponsor, two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with the supporting financial documents.

Edited by Dylan W (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are only asking for my tax returns from 2005.

The instructions say to mail them in. She should be able to get them in the mail by Thursday or Friday.

The instructions also say to check in "every couple of months" to check on the progress of her case. Could this really take several months to process?

Tom B

The instructions say to mail them in. She should be able to get them in the mail by Thursday or Friday.

The instructions also say to check in "every couple of months" to check on the progress of her case. Could this really take several months to process?

Tom B

Of course this could take several months. It is quite possible that they have other things to consider as well. GZ is well know for using stall tactics in order to buy more time to investigate cases. You just need to hang tight and wait. Nothing else you can do at this point.

Good luck!!!

Guest Rob & Jin

Tom B

it may take a while, sorry :(

not having a pop at you, but this is why all should read the FAQS sections on CFL very well, it will help people avoid this kind of thing.

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Tom B

it may take a while, sorry :(

not having a pop at you, but this is why all should read the FAQS sections on CFL very well, it will help people avoid this kind of thing.

I know this isn't helpful since Tom can't go. But from what I have seen in the past couple of days, I think that hand delivering the taxes and then speaking with someone in authority might help to get things moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news.

She got a blue slip. I haven't seen it yet but she told me that they want to see my taxes for 2005. The I-134 asks for one years tax return, so, to be prepared I sent two years. Now they ask her for three.

I think if I had given her three years of returns they would have probably asked for something else. i want to tell Yan how long of a delay this might be. Any ideas?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=461666

Now I feel stupid ... Cause you mentioned in your previous post in December that you sent her only 2 years o returns. I should have said something then, or someone should have said something, but the 'unwritten rule' seems to be 3 years of returns. I think if she had presented 3 years of returns, she would have walked out of there happy .

I'm sorry for this news, really.

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Bad news.

She got a blue slip. I haven't seen it yet but she told me that they want to see my taxes for 2005. The I-134 asks for one years tax return, so, to be prepared I sent two years. Now they ask her for three.

I think if I had given her three years of returns they would have probably asked for something else. i want to tell Yan how long of a delay this might be. Any ideas?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=461666

Now I feel stupid ... Cause you mentioned in your previous post in December that you sent her only 2 years o returns. I should have said something then, or someone should have said something, but the 'unwritten rule' seems to be 3 years of returns. I think if she had presented 3 years of returns, she would have walked out of there happy .

I'm sorry for this news, really.

Warmest Regards..

it has been posted many times plus its in the FAQS 3 years of taxes

sorry you got blue

new members read the FAQS

what if my 3 years of transcripts is not over 125% poverty level? i just graduated from college and it's my first full time job making over 125%...

IMO, this is a hard one to call. You might want to consider getting a sponser for the I-134.

The cool thing about a sponser for the I-134, vs an I-864, is that the sponser isn't on the hook for 3 to 5 years.

Jump forward into the future, assume yer doing AOS later in the year - I think you'll be ok.

what if my 3 years of transcripts is not over 125% poverty level? i just graduated from college and it's my first full time job making over 125%...

IMO, this is a hard one to call. You might want to consider getting a sponser for the I-134.

The cool thing about a sponser for the I-134, vs an I-864, is that the sponser isn't on the hook for 3 to 5 years.

Jump forward into the future, assume yer doing AOS later in the year - I think you'll be ok.

i had a co-sponsor for 2007 but 2008 my sister didn't earn enough, so i am screwed but lucky i made enough for 2008 so i have to go at this by myself...

• 2 months later...

Heres an update with a quick time line

Jan 5 2009 interview blue. need 2005 tax transcripts

Jan 12 tax transcripts received by GUZ

Jan 21 GUZ sends new blue slip wants pictures of us together and "any other evidence of relationship"

March 30 sent new info to GUZ

Two interesting things about the new blue slip. First they decide to send it to her work address (all other forms were sent to her mailing address). Second the information they are asking for now are the very things that Yan took to her interview but they decided not to look at.

To complicate matters Yan (at my request) quit her job at the beginning of Jan. and her employer did not forward or tell her about the embassy mailing until a few days ago.

It's hard to know what to make out of whats going on, but on the plus side, GUZ is responding to the info they receive in only a few weeks. Yan, bless her heart, is convinced that she will get her visa within a month. I hope she is right! Being a frugal woman like so many of her compatriots she does not want me to buy tickets to come see her. However I made it clear (in other words I'm trying to maintain a strong negotiating position <_< )that if they send another blue that I will be purchasing my tickets.

Heres an update with a quick time line

Jan 5 2009 interview blue. need 2005 tax transcripts

Jan 12 tax transcripts received by GUZ

Jan 21 GUZ sends new blue slip wants pictures of us together and "any other evidence of relationship"

March 30 sent new info to GUZ

Two interesting things about the new blue slip. First they decide to send it to her work address (all other forms were sent to her mailing address). Second the information they are asking for now are the very things that Yan took to her interview but they decided not to look at.

To complicate matters Yan (at my request) quit her job at the beginning of Jan. and her employer did not forward or tell her about the embassy mailing until a few days ago.

It's hard to know what to make out of whats going on, but on the plus side, GUZ is responding to the info they receive in only a few weeks. Yan, bless her heart, is convinced that she will get her visa within a month. I hope she is right! Being a frugal woman like so many of her compatriots she does not want me to buy tickets to come see her. However I made it clear (in other words I'm trying to maintain a strong negotiating position <_< )that if they send another blue that I will be purchasing my tickets.

Good Luck!!