Shipping Cosmetics to China

On the advise of my gals elder sister (actually just her friend), she suggested getting her some cosmetics (lipstick) and such for a gift. She send me a scarf and tea for Christmas. So now after purchasing a good amount of this stuff, I discover today, you cannot ship such things to China without a special import permit. So I cannot send these (legally)

Anyone have any experience with sending this to China? According to Fedex International shipping adviser, China will not allow any products that are for skin care (touches the skin) to be imported without special permit.

Timb

I use the post office. Everything I send is labeled 'gift.' That's it, no other description and never any problem. For us, under 4 lbs requires one label, over 4 lbs a different label.

For small stuff I'd use a 'documents' mailer. I always ask the clerk for recommendations without discussing what, exactly, it is.

• 9 years later...

There is a plethora of courier delivery companies and if you hire anyone of them without knowing about their services then it can cause business loss as well as will ruin your business’s image. This is why I had done a lot of research for finding the best same day medical courier deliveries services.

Edited by Randy W
SPAM is not allowed (see edit history)