HEY ALL! Well....I finally got my hard copy of my denial from USCIS, and I was actually happy. Of course a denial is never a good thing, but when I read the reason for the denial, my spirits were lifted.

The denial was due to the fact that, according to them, there is no record of me showing up for my biometrics appointment. I DID in fact go, and the good news is......I HAVE PROOF that I was there. I have my appointment notice that is stamped, signed, and dated for the day I was there. :) The funny thing is....a couple months ago I was thinking "Now watch them try to say I didn't show up for the appointment." I guess it's a good thing I am an organized person and didn't lose the appointment notice. ;)

Now...of course there is no guarantee that they will approve it after I submit the document to them, but at least the denial was not for the reason I thought it would be. :cool:

I want so much to call Xiao right now and tell her the good news, but it is late and I don't want to wake her up. :lol: I guess I can wait until tomorrow morning since I was going to call her anyway.

I found the form for an appeal, so I plan on doing so ASAP. The instructions for the appeal form say that I need to send it to the office that made the decision, so obviously I take that to mean the CSC. ;) You know...my appointment was on June 9th, and NOW they send me the notice that I wasn't there?! blink.gif

I don't want to get my hopes up...but at least there is still hope now. :) Except....now I will probably have to wait another 10 months. I hope not.

Should I send them the original or a copy of my appointment notice?

Well....just wanted to tell everyone the good news. I will continue to keep y'all informed. Later. :cool:

It's sad that you have had to wait so long. However, at the risk of sounding stupid: What is a biometrics appointment. My fiance has her interview at the embassy Jan. 5 and I have not heard anything about a biometrics appointment.

Thanks

Tom B

It is when someone has to go to a USCIS Application Support Center in their area and have fingerprints taken.

And yes....it is very sad that I had to wait so long for a simple thing.

The copy will have enough information on it for them to find it in their records.

There is nothing on it to be notarized - you didn't sign it.

Hopefully, a step in the right direction

I agree here. Notary would be a waste of time in this case. If I'm not mistaken, this type or notarization only verifies your signature.

It sounds like some very do-able things here. Coming from a man that went thru overcome as we had 9 issues to deal with.

Best wishes for a successful overcome!

I would suggest that 'the big appeal' is not necessary.

Instead - call USCIS again, get a human, explain there is no record of your biometrics results in their computer, and to pull up receipt # so and so.

If they can't figure it out that way, then make an infopass appointment, show up with your originals and a set of copies - show them the originals, give them the copies, and tell them 'you denied me because you couldn't find my paperwork in your computer? come on - reverse it' .

The first person you talk to won't have the power to reverse the denial, but keep asking the the boss, explain the situation, make sure they have 'god' power at that office - so keep 'asking up the food chain' until you get 'the boss'.

It's sad that you have had to wait so long. However, at the risk of sounding stupid: What is a biometrics appointment. My fiance has her interview at the embassy Jan. 5 and I have not heard anything about a biometrics appointment.

Thanks

Tom B

Reddragon is about the only person (as the petitioner )on this site asked for a biometrics at his local office here in the states.

Reddragon, did they just sent you the hard copy or did you have to request for it?

HEY ALL! Well....I finally got my hard copy of my denial from USCIS, and I was actually happy. Of course a denial is never a good thing, but when I read the reason for the denial, my spirits were lifted.

The denial was due to the fact that, according to them, there is no record of me showing up for my biometrics appointment. I DID in fact go, and the good news is......I HAVE PROOF that I was there. I have my appointment notice that is stamped, signed, and dated for the day I was there. :D The funny thing is....a couple months ago I was thinking "Now watch them try to say I didn't show up for the appointment." I guess it's a good thing I am an organized person and didn't lose the appointment notice. ;)

Now...of course there is no guarantee that they will approve it after I submit the document to them, but at least the denial was not for the reason I thought it would be. B)

I want so much to call Xiao right now and tell her the good news, but it is late and I don't want to wake her up. :lol: I guess I can wait until tomorrow morning since I was going to call her anyway.

I found the form for an appeal, so I plan on doing so ASAP. The instructions for the appeal form say that I need to send it to the office that made the decision, so obviously I take that to mean the CSC. ;) You know...my appointment was on June 9th, and NOW they send me the notice that I wasn't there?! :icecream:

I don't want to get my hopes up...but at least there is still hope now. :) Except....now I will probably have to wait another 10 months. I hope not.

Should I send them the original or a copy of my appointment notice?

Well....just wanted to tell everyone the good news. I will continue to keep y'all informed. Later. B)