Vista vs XP vs Leopard

So we just bought a new computer, an iMac with a 1 terabyte hard drive. It's really a nice computer. The only problem with it though is that it doesn't have a very good QQ application. QQ for mac only has basic file sharing and chat functions, no video or voice chat features.

So we were thinking of loading Vista or XP on the unit using bootcamp in order to use these programs, but can't decide on which one. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Guest WenDylan

I will switch when there is more driver and software support. I am a very quick learner, but I don't want to even learn if I can't do at least some things the way I am used to. :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks. So where can I buy XP? I can't seem to find any copies anywhere.

"Support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 ends on July 13, 2010No Change to Windows XP Mainstream and Extended Support end dates

Support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) will end on July 13, 2010. This date was established when Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on April 21, 2008. "

Microsoft will discontinue selling XP Professional to the public December 31, 2008.

So whatever is in the channel will eventually dry up and that¡¯s it.

OEM versions will still be available for a while or until they decide to end it too.

When I place orders for OEM laptops, there is always an option that comes with the laptop¡­

Vista installed, downgradeable to Windows XP Pro. ¨C That should tell you something!

I will switch when there is more driver and software support. I am a very quick learner, but I don't want to even learn if I can't do at least some things the way I am used to. B)

That's exactly what I felt like when I went to XP from Windows 98. I had 98 mastered and XP was driving me mad. :rolleyes:

Now I have Vista and I like it. :blink: