Chinese ship attacked by Pirates

Guest Tony n Terrific

Chinese Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei told the Security Council that China was considering sending warships to the Gulf of Aden.

http://news.aol.com/article/chinese-ship-a...-in-gulf/277911

They'd be welcomed there. It's a huge area and neither the US/NATO nor Russian navies can patrol all of it. One talk was setting up the old convoy system... but the pirates are working farther and farther out.

:draw: There must be a business opportunity here for an old seafarer like me, but I can't decide if I want to be a pirate or a hero. :ph34r:

...but the Pittsburgh Pirates were my team in the Forbes Field days...so I'm leaning toward pirate.... :draw:

:D :roller: :roller:

You better get yourself a fast and well armed boat. Also it will need electronics counter measures stuff.... :draw:

Then again you better have one of these B) also..... :P

The Chinese army is how many 100's of millions?

Considering the value of the cargo of most large ships (from any nation), I would think they could afford to put armaments and fighting men on ships going into that area.

The percentage of the world that is controlled by militants (not associated with any government) armed with no more than automatic rifles and RPGs is amazing.

Considering the value of the cargo of most large ships (from any nation), I would think they could afford to put armaments and fighting men on ships going into that area.

The percentage of the world that is controlled by militants (not associated with any government) armed with no more than automatic rifles and RPGs is amazing.

AK's and RPG's are cheap and easy to get most places. Also they are most effective against small crews of maybe lightly armed cargo ships.

What we may start seeing is some of these pirates hiring them self out as strong arms (protection services). Work both sides of the coin.

AK's and RPG's are cheap and easy to get most places. Also they are most effective against small crews of maybe lightly armed cargo ships.

What we may start seeing is some of these pirates hiring them self out as strong arms (protection services). Work both sides of the coin.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I'd like to see an effective international effort that results in a very clear understanding: Piracy = Death. Every time, no exceptions.

I'd like to see an effective international effort that results in a very clear understanding: Piracy = Death. Every time, no exceptions.

...and I was just thinking I'd start a new career :clapping:

Seriously though, the research vessel I sailed on had pirate watch when we went through certain areas. The old PT boats with a 50 and lots of small arms were popular. :)

Guest Tony n Terrific

This is how the NYC police department was formed. The city would hire tough street thugs to protect people and businesses and this practice evolved into the modern day police force.

Guest Tony n Terrific

...and I was just thinking I'd start a new career :lol:

Seriously though, the research vessel I sailed on had pirate watch when we went through certain areas. The old PT boats with a 50 and lots of small arms were popular. :lol:

3'' Fifties will do a fine job also.