China's exports drop in November

Guest Tony n Terrific

Scuttlebutt among my Chinese friends say that Guangzhou in particular has been hard hit. Many have lost their jobs due to factory closures. They say that crime (purse snatching) is especially on the rise.

Maybe GZBILL can confirm or not?

It's Guangdong in general that's in trouble...Laopo was planning on going back right after New Year for 2 months but maybe it's a bad time to be there by herself... :clapping:

China's economy is so greatly export based, I think that the recessions will hit them more powerfully than it is hitting us.

Although their unemplyment is ONLY supposed to reach 4.5 % whilst we are languishing at 6.5 %... And remember China has money in the bank while in the US... :doorscared:

But the problem is there is no safety net in China for the unemployed... :cold: So there could be many more "issues"... :bleh:

I hate to tell you, but it's been going down for some time now. Of course CNY is coming up, so as it does every year it's going to fall through the floor when it pretty much shuts down. I'm sure there will be plenty of comments about it then!

We are trying to help. We are importing and selling tea from China, but unfortunately only a drop in the bucket at this point.

Maybe we all need to start our businesses and see if we can help and make a dime at the same time.

Guest WenDylan

We are trying to help. We are importing and selling tea from China, but unfortunately only a drop in the bucket at this point.

Maybe we all need to start our businesses and see if we can help and make a dime at the same time.

Good idea, I'll do my part, just... Where can I get a small business loan? :blink: