Bank card

Is there a bank,i can send money to my wife in China,where the fees arent so high?I have Suntrust,my wife has my bank card,access the account in china,and everytime she puts the card in the machine it cost 5.00.

sometimes the machine don't work,spits the card out,stick it back in,cost another 5 dollars,and trip out on this one,last month,she went to take out 2200 yuan,she stuck the card in 4 times(because it wouldnt accept the card) for the 2000 yuan(that cost 20.00) then after she got the 2000 yuan ,stuck the card back in (another 5.00)she pressed the 200 yuan,and it spit out 2000 yuan. we were over drawn on the account,so i had to pay,the overdrawn amount,and then 39.00 overdrawn fee.All in ALL,the total fees i paid last month was a 100 dollars,i rather see my wife,get this money,then the bank,i mean i dont mind the bank charging a fee ,but something a little more reasonable.

are there other banks that charge lower fees?

jimi

hsbc debit card works in china and hong kong, 1 to 2 transaction fee.

ah,sounds much more reasonable.Something for me to look into.

thanks

Jimi

I'm gonna screw this up, cause I don't remember exactly...

Bank of American (or CitiBank?) has a deal with China Contruction Bank - if you use a BOA (CB?) atm card at China Construction Bank, there are NO ATM fees.

OK - here's all the scoop -

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...struction++Bank

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Bank of American (or CitiBank?) has a deal with China Contruction Bank - if you use a BOA (CB?) atm card at China Construction Bank, there are NO ATM fees.

Awesome,

thanks for the link Darnell.

Jimi

Awesome,

thanks for the link Darnell.

Jimi

Jimi,

Just to confirm what Darnell stated; My wife and I both use Bank Of America and the fees surcharges are accurate; NONE. The only time bank fees ere charged to us, was for bank to bank transactions of very extreme amounts.

My brother-in -law has a card for my niece's education and we also use the same Construction Bank. In Chengdu, she also does the same with the Agriculture Bank. However, I suspect that this is simply a regional thing and cannot be applied to all regions.

Dave