Pink Slip!

Today my Fendy and I went to the Consulate at about 6:40 AM, and stood in line. It turned out we chose the right line for our K1 visa, thanks to Fendy :lol: After they let us in the building, maybe at 7:40 AM, we made our way up the escalators to the fourth floor, where they wouldn't let me go any farther. Fendy went through the checkpoint with her huge backpack of paperwork, while I made my way to the coffee shop with another gentleman from Alabama, whose wife was also due for an interview today. We sat down and paid the exhorbitant fee for some coffee and tea (49 RMB each) and waited. Well, at about 10:05 AM, my Fendy came running around the corner with a huge smile on her face, and she flashed a pink slip to me! This is the greatest Christmas gift ever. It turns out that they only asked her a few questions (a very nice black lady was her interviewing officer) and only asked for my last year tax return and the letter from my employer. They also looked at our photo album. No other papers were needed, even though we had the kitchen sink. They didn't even want my I-134! No marriage intent letter, or anything else. Well, it was a great day. They said we can pick up the visa at the post office a few blocks away in 2 days. Hooray!

congrds to you guys first, was wondering if you can help me with one thing, I have seen the "marriage intent letter" mentioned somewhere and since you had that prepared too; i was wondering what do you have to state in the letter£¿does it has to be notarized??

thank you for the help!!!

Today my Fendy and I went to the Consulate at about 6:40 AM, and stood in line. It turned out we chose the right line for our K1 visa, thanks to Fendy :lol: After they let us in the building, maybe at 7:40 AM, we made our way up the escalators to the fourth floor, where they wouldn't let me go any farther. Fendy went through the checkpoint with her huge backpack of paperwork, while I made my way to the coffee shop with another gentleman from Alabama, whose wife was also due for an interview today. We sat down and paid the exhorbitant fee for some coffee and tea (49 RMB each) and waited. Well, at about 10:05 AM, my Fendy came running around the corner with a huge smile on her face, and she flashed a pink slip to me! This is the greatest Christmas gift ever. It turns out that they only asked her a few questions (a very nice black lady was her interviewing officer) and only asked for my last year tax return and the letter from my employer. They also looked at our photo album. No other papers were needed, even though we had the kitchen sink. They didn't even want my I-134! No marriage intent letter, or anything else. Well, it was a great day. They said we can pick up the visa at the post office a few blocks away in 2 days. Hooray!

congrds to you guys first, was wondering if you can help me with one thing, I have seen the "marriage intent letter" mentioned somewhere and since you had that prepared too; i was wondering what do you have to state in the letter£¿does it has to be notarized??

thank you for the help!!!

I just wrote a marriage intent letter, similar to the one from Fendy's P4, and I signed it and had it notarized. It turned out that we didn't need it, though. I had already submitted one with my original I-129F, but that was way back in February, so I thought I should have one dated closer to our interview date.

Today my Fendy and I went to the Consulate at about 6:40 AM, and stood in line. It turned out we chose the right line for our K1 visa, thanks to Fendy :rolleyes: After they let us in the building, maybe at 7:40 AM, we made our way up the escalators to the fourth floor, where they wouldn't let me go any farther. Fendy went through the checkpoint with her huge backpack of paperwork, while I made my way to the coffee shop with another gentleman from Alabama, whose wife was also due for an interview today. We sat down and paid the exhorbitant fee for some coffee and tea (49 RMB each) and waited. Well, at about 10:05 AM, my Fendy came running around the corner with a huge smile on her face, and she flashed a pink slip to me! This is the greatest Christmas gift ever. It turns out that they only asked her a few questions (a very nice black lady was her interviewing officer) and only asked for my last year tax return and the letter from my employer. They also looked at our photo album. No other papers were needed, even though we had the kitchen sink. They didn't even want my I-134! No marriage intent letter, or anything else. Well, it was a great day. They said we can pick up the visa at the post office a few blocks away in 2 days. Hooray!

Were you able to pick up visa on 10th?

We go Pink on 10th and now 13th, not there yey, stuck here for the weekend, hope for monday!

Were you able to pick up visa on 10th?

We go Pink on 10th and now 13th, not there yey, stuck here for the weekend, hope for monday!

Yes, our visa was waiting at the Post Office right away on the 10th. We were very happy about it! We hope you get yours soon too :doorscared:

Thank you, we are happy you are safe in America,soon we will fly to San Fran, what questions will immigration ask me at the airport?

Liuying

Thank you, we are happy you are safe in America,soon we will fly to San Fran, what questions will immigration ask me at the airport?

Liuying

I will have to ask Fendy what questions they asked her, but she did say it was very easy. She was actually through the customs line faster than I was, in the Citizen's line. I didn't know this, but US Citizens can actually go through the same Immigration line in customs as their Fiancee. I wish I had known that, so I could have been right beside Fendy as she went through customs!

Don't bring ANY food items with you, if you want to move faster :-) If you have any food items at all, you have to go through the Agriculture inspection as well.

Well,here is what they asked me at airport:

1,Where is your K1 package?

2,Where are you from?

3,What's your birth day?

4,Where you will live?

5,How did you meet your Fiance?

6,How many times your Fiance visited you?

Remember,you'd better answer whatever they ask with a smile,everything will be fine.

THANKS, The EMS tracking showed up tonight so we will pick up in the morning, fly to Beijing in the evening and to Las Vegas the next day.