Well I should just go ahead and ask this....

well i'm not white but i am american and female and my fiance lives in china. I have seen american females on this site who have petitioned for their fiances/husbands, not a lot but there are some. good luck!

Since it has been bothering me.... am I the only white American female filing for an asian man or are there others out there???

American Woman

NO, there are others out there. This portal has members who are:

1. female

2. USC

3a. white

3b. black

3c. chinese

3d. latina

3e. japanese

There is ONE who is prepping the paperwork.

There are TWO that just had the visa awarded to their beneficiary.

There are TWO who have brought their PRC husbands into the USA this year.

Now, if you are looking for usernames, threads, posts, and the like .. That's something else entirely...

Welcome to CFL !

well i'm not white but i am american and female and my fiance lives in china. I have seen american females on this site who have petitioned for their fiances/husbands, not a lot but there are some. good luck!

Since it has been bothering me.... am I the only white American female filing for an asian man or are there others out there???

American Woman

I guess I didn't mean "white", I meant more like "not asian" :unsure: hihihi I know some American born asian women marry men from Asia, just wondered if there were non asian women besides me. Glad to hear I am not the only one ... had a lawyer in the states give me a hard time about "white girls don't marry asian men for real" isn't that special? So I am officially a stress case at this point, because this man is my soulmate.

American Woman

dont listen to what other people say. I have tons of white girlfriends that have dated/are dating/married with kids to asian-american men. Maybe the person you talked to doesn't hang around multi-racial/cultural groups?

Hope the process goes smoothly!

American Woman

I guess I didn't mean "white", I meant more like "not asian" :lol: hihihi I know some American born asian women marry men from Asia, just wondered if there were non asian women besides me. Glad to hear I am not the only one ... had a lawyer in the states give me a hard time about "white girls don't marry asian men for real" isn't that special? So I am officially a stress case at this point, because this man is my soulmate.

American Woman

Welcome to CFL American Woman. There are several American women members who already have their husbands here that drop in from time to time. There are a few going through the visa process that actively post. Lauren Amber is a caucasian woman married to a Chinese man and contributes to the site often. Don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions. This is the best site on the web for visa information as it pertains to China. here is a link to some other links that will help you navigate CFL and the visa process.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16183

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I appreciate it a lot. Everyone tells me I worry too much...but the horror stories are, well, horrible! :-P You wouldn't believe the evil, discriminitory things I have heard (or maybe you would!) but they are just everything from racist to superficial to personal attacks on how we look. ARGH!!!!

Ultimately I don't care what they say but I do worry that kind of thinking is also in the minds of the consulate and I can't live without this man. I guess we are all the same boat here. :-) Right now I am in Asia (it's 1am and I am up stressing again, hihih) but I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want to live here. I "interviewed" my man a few hours ago and he gets so nervous answering in English that he looks like he is lying. ARGH, again! :-P

Any advice you all have in this process is much appreciated! I have read all the guides (probably read too much, in fact) and I can't do much more than tell the truth and show the proof and see what happens. I just feel so helpless in all this. I never knew true love could be this stressful! :-P

American Woman

It would be easier for us to help you if we knew more about where you are in the visa process. Most of us put our time line in the signature of our profile.

You mention your man gets nervous when interviewed by you in English. Probably most of us get nervous when interviewed by our sweet hearts lol. All kidding aside when he goes for the interview confidence helps. It could be that you are transferring your anxiety to him. If you have a straight forward case with no immigration skeletons in the closet you will most likely pass easily. From what I've seen the odds are in your favor since I know of no cases where an American woman CFL member marrying a Chinese man have been denied. Reassure him he will have an easy go of it.

No immigration skeletons, but a few red flags... recent divorce stuff with weirdish circumstances. However, my proofs are huge - a lot of time spent together and many trips to see him.

AW

It would be easier for us to help you if we knew more about where you are in the visa process. Most of us put our time line in the signature of our profile.

You mention your man gets nervous when interviewed by you in English. Probably most of us get nervous when interviewed by our sweet hearts lol. All kidding aside when he goes for the interview confidence helps. It could be that you are transferring your anxiety to him. If you have a straight forward case with no immigration skeletons in the closet you will most likely pass easily. From what I've seen the odds are in your favor since I know of no cases where an American woman CFL member marrying a Chinese man have been denied. Reassure him he will have an easy go of it.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I appreciate it a lot. Everyone tells me I worry too much...but the horror stories are, well, horrible! :-P You wouldn't believe the evil, discriminitory things I have heard (or maybe you would!)

Trust me, most of us would not only believe you, but many have experienced it first hand. This has been a topic from time to time. Unfortunately, it goes with the territory. One day it would be nice if those kind of things didn't exist. All we can do is keep our chins up and not that stupidity get us down too much.

Welcome to CFL.

Welcome to CFL. I am a Chinese American woman. My husband had successfully came into US two months ago. When I first begin our immigration process, we thought we were the only couple who is a female bringing a male over from China.

Anyways, CFL is a wonderful site. I am sure you will learn a lot from here.

No immigration skeletons, but a few red flags... recent divorce stuff with weirdish circumstances. However, my proofs are huge - a lot of time spent together and many trips to see him.

AW

You should have no problems... you already made many visits... as long as you have the documentation.. then you should be ok... my divorce was "different" and I got the Visa... but it took me a long time.... don't let my situation discourage you, as I said, my marriage and divorce before this marriage was very suspect, so they made me wait and wait... but look at me now :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you will be fine. Welcome to CFL !! Lots of smart and helpful people here.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)