Still no P-3

Hello,

I have been reading and watching this forum for almost 1 year. I have always found the information I was looking for by doing searches and just reading. I am at a point where I am not sure what to do.

I got a letter from NVC stating the K1 visa application was on its way to GUZ on August 8th. I have been patiently waiting. I have called DOS and GUZ making sure the P3 wasnt sent and lost in the mail. DOS keeps saying its still in customs and GUZ says they havent opened it yet. In 6 days it will be 4 months since it was sent from NVC.

When I look at the time lines I see that people who got "NVC out" notices after me, have already gotten their P3 and 4's and also have scheduled interviews.

GUZ says i must wait until the 4 month mark before they will look into it any further.

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Max

The infamous stuck in limbo from NVC to GUZ. I remember it like it was yesterday. It's not the only time that patience was required, but I do remember feeling like something was wrong based upon the useless DHL status. I remember trying to call every number I could find. I almost considered sending my fiancee to GUZ to rummage through their warehouse to make sure it was stored next to the ark of the covenant. ;-)

Bottom line is stay patient, and if it does hit the 4 month mark without receiving the P3, then push for the investigation. Wait times for this segment seem to vary greatly, based upon schedules, manpower, and amount of forms coming into GUZ (including other non-K1 type forms).

Perhaps it has arrived by the time you read this. That is my wish!

Hello,

I have been reading and watching this forum for almost 1 year. I have always found the information I was looking for by doing searches and just reading. I am at a point where I am not sure what to do.

I got a letter from NVC stating the K1 visa application was on its way to GUZ on August 8th. I have been patiently waiting. I have called DOS and GUZ making sure the P3 wasnt sent and lost in the mail. DOS keeps saying its still in customs and GUZ says they havent opened it yet. In 6 days it will be 4 months since it was sent from NVC.

When I look at the time lines I see that people who got "NVC out" notices after me, have already gotten their P3 and 4's and also have scheduled interviews.

GUZ says i must wait until the 4 month mark before they will look into it any further.

Thanks,

Max

Hello,

Thanks,

Max

there is no rhyme or reason as to why some is a very short time and others seems to be the max...ours was 4+ months and had to be sent out twice....never got the first one...when you call dos and they tell you it has been sent out, you can hope, but i wouldnt bank on anything

• 3 weeks later...
I got a letter from NVC stating the K1 visa application was on its way to GUZ on August 8th......... GUZ says i must wait until the 4 month mark before they will look into it any further.....

I am just giving an update so that anyone else facing this long wait will have some additional information to go on:

Once the wait hit the 4 month mark I used the form at the "U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou" website to contact them about the long wait. It took 5 business days as stated in their instructions/information pages. They replied and told me they just received the file and would be sending the p-3 packet within 2 weeks time.

On Saturday, December 20th my fiance finally received the P-3. We had everything ready to be sent back the same day. The amount of time from when the file left the US until my fiance got her P-3 packet was 4 1/2 months. I believe if I would not have contacted GUZ, we may still be waiting.

I hope this infomation will be usefull for someone else in the future. Thanks to those who replied with words of encouragement.

Next 2 questions -

1) Once GUZ receives the OF-169, DS-230 and EMS label, how long can we expect it to take to get the interview letter?

2) I have read where sometimes the interview date can be as soon as 2 weeks or up to 8 weeks from the receipt of the interview letter. Are these figures accurate and what is the average amount of time someone can expect to wait?

This forum has been the most useful tool I have found to help with the typical bureaucratic bs a person must face when dealing with the government and trying to obtain the K visa. A big thank you goes to those who keep this site up and running and those who participate within this forum for the benefit of others.

Sincerely,

Max

Max - if DHS / FBI finished up with her name check prior to the physical case file arrive in GUZ, then you might have some speed. Otherwise, you won't really be getting the P4 for about a month to 6 weeks.

It is even possible that the namechecks might not be complete when she goes in for interview, as well.

Don't forget the holiday periods for christmas and new year coming up. GUZ shuts down for a few days.

The easiest thing to do is to call DOS and ask for status on the case. Their computer systems get updated about 1/2 day to 2 days after GUZ does something.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Max,

How did you contact them? I found a link to email them but it asks for "Case numbers begin with GUZ", since i dont think they have received it i cant fill it in...

Frank

Hi Frank,

Your GUZ number is in the Notification letter that you should have gotten from NVC. Call the NVC if you have not gotten a letter and ask them what the GUZ number is by giving them the USCIS number and your spouse's name and your name.

Tom and Ling

I got a letter from NVC stating the K1 visa application was on its way to GUZ on August 8th......... GUZ says i must wait until the 4 month mark before they will look into it any further.....

I am just giving an update so that anyone else facing this long wait will have some additional information to go on:

Once the wait hit the 4 month mark I used the form at the "U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou" website to contact them about the long wait. It took 5 business days as stated in their instructions/information pages. They replied and told me they just received the file and would be sending the p-3 packet within 2 weeks time.

On Saturday, December 20th my fiance finally received the P-3. We had everything ready to be sent back the same day. The amount of time from when the file left the US until my fiance got her P-3 packet was 4 1/2 months. I believe if I would not have contacted GUZ, we may still be waiting.

I hope this infomation will be usefull for someone else in the future. Thanks to those who replied with words of encouragement.

Next 2 questions -

1) Once GUZ receives the OF-169, DS-230 and EMS label, how long can we expect it to take to get the interview letter?

2) I have read where sometimes the interview date can be as soon as 2 weeks or up to 8 weeks from the receipt of the interview letter. Are these figures accurate and what is the average amount of time someone can expect to wait?

This forum has been the most useful tool I have found to help with the typical bureaucratic bs a person must face when dealing with the government and trying to obtain the K visa. A big thank you goes to those who keep this site up and running and those who participate within this forum for the benefit of others.

Sincerely,

Max

Thanks for the info. My Fiancee and I are still waiting for our P3. This period seems to be a little slow. 2 weeks ago Guz replied to my email saying it was still in customs. 1 week ago I emailed again and haven't received any reply yet. Good to know about the 4 month mark. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. My Fiancee and I are still waiting for our P3. 1 week ago I emailed again and haven't received any reply yet. Good to know about the 4 month mark. Thanks.

I also called the DOS and the number in GUZ that required a paid pin. The number in GUZ returned absolutely no results. They might be helpful once the P-3 has been sent but up until know they have proved useless from my point of view.

The DOS (ph# 202-663-1225) knew of the P-3 mailing one day after I received email message reply from GUZ. In my experience so far, this is probably the best way to obtain up to date information.

Good Luck!

Max

Guest Dylan W

I am also waitting for the P3, we have a laywer in China and he told me don't worry, that will take a long time. So just keep waitting,,,,,,,

Welcome to Candles Dylan

We are waiting for our P3 too. My name is Wendy. My fiance name Dylan too. Dylan Wilson.

B) going to change for a better name :)

Yes, welcome to CFL. We are waiting for P3 as well... I had to change my name a little to coincide with Wendy. :)